• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Assault rifles banned in NY

That .pdf is trying to show that some "good" companies are making some legal AR15s while all these "bad" companies, "Any of their AR15 variants" are illegal.

That's the politics there, even if their .pdf creation skillz are 8th rate.

How about the Mini-14? As a MA FID owner, I own one of the newer stainless versions and it is quite accurate. Plenty of 10-round mags to stay legal. Plenty of ways around NY and MA law.

Um? It takes a mag how are u covered by a fid?
I know some semi autos with mags slip by with a ltc b like a 1911.

Hopefully the now "illegal" rifles find their way to MA... NY guys prolly looking to sell. Their loss = our gain (for a short while anyway)

Um? It takes a mag how are u covered by a fid?
I know some semi autos with mags slip by with a ltc b like a 1911.
Ships with 10-round mag. Perfectly FID legal. Bought it in NH. Dealer sold it to me. Signs above rifle saying FID/LTC legal in MA. So, I bought it. No problem!

In all honesty, I do agree withe Hesse/Vulcan Arms being on the list.

Some things deserve to be driven off the face of the planet.

Welp: they set themselves up for 'off-list' AR's.

The way I read it as long as it is not one of the specified manufacturers you are good to go.

Welp: they set themselves up for 'off-list' AR's.

The way I read it as long as it is not one of the specified manufacturers you are good to go.

They had banned based of certain "features." Does this mean that the law changed, or that they were enumerating rifles that were banned under the previous NY SAFE Act?

Meh. Buy and 80% lower and put an AR MR2 on it. They haven't truly banned anything, just forced us all to get a little more clever.

Back
Top Bottom