• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Assault Rifle" has been replaced with "Weapons of War" moniker.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
It would seem that "Assault Weapon" has lost it's charm with the left. I've been hearing "Weapons of War" a lot lately in the new. Seems they have a new moniker to make the AR seem more frightening. Probably won't work any better than Assault Weapon. Let them keep thinking up new names. Then again, wasn't "Weapons of War" the real reason for the 2nd Amendment? Maybe they got something right this time.

How about we STOP talking about "assault rifles" . . .

STOP IT WITH THE “ASSAULT WEAPON, ASSAULT RIFLE” HORSESHIT. THESE THINGS ARE WEAPONS OF WAR and are designed for one purpose: To kill as many people as efficiently as possible in as short a time as possible.

I can assault you with a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun. What is being used to slaughter people is a WEAPON OF WAR and it’s goddam time we used that term all the time, day in, day out. Make the gunhumpers explain why they want weapons of war on the streets.
How do we get them off the streets? Outlaw them; the law should describe in detail what is prohibited and is updated every time a manufacturer figures out a way around it; pay a bounty for every one turned in — turn in an AR or AK, get $1,500 tax free; a 20- or 30-round magazine gets $100; and so on. After two years, if you are found with any prohibited firearm or accessory in your possession, it’s jail time. I know — it’ll never pass, but let an old man dream.

which makes even less sense. If you replaced 'weapons of war' with AR-15s, we are done.

The left is trying other strategies lately. Hogg (pronouns: orange square) presents a couple of ideas. Reminds me of Obama days where he couldn't get an AR ban thru but he tried to use the EPA for bullet control cause lead is toxic.

asdf11.png

It’s funny. That’s literally their move. Change the terms to either make something more or less “evil” according to their agenda. Now They’re in a panic Because it’s always worked until “assault weapon”. They thought for sure that would do it. But it didn’t. So try changing it to something else.

Banning weapons of war would really mess up their “muskets are the only thing covered under the 2A” theory.

They have a hard time defining "assault weapon" although they know they want to ban them.

Do they have a working definition this time?
Assault weapon is gonna just be = semi automatic firearm. No more ARs, M1 Garands, Glocks for anyone except the elite.

The left is trying other strategies lately. Hogg (pronouns: orange square) presents a couple of ideas. Reminds me of Obama days where he couldn't get an AR ban thru but he tried to use the EPA for bullet control cause lead is toxic.

View attachment 750718
The new arm of their attack is to call gun violence a Public health crisis and give more public boards of health all over the country the powers to do something to combat it. Think about the dipsh*t in your town who runs your board of health and how out of control they were during Covid. Now imagine them having input on 2A matters. Go back to handling safe turn in days for expired prescription drugs you bunch of bureaucratic hacks.

It would seem that "Assault Weapon" has lost it's charm with the left. I've been hearing "Weapons of War" a lot lately in the new. Seems they have a new moniker to make the AR seem more frightening. Probably won't work any better than Assault Weapon. Let them keep thinking up new names. Then again, wasn't "Weapons of War" the real reason for the 2nd Amendment? Maybe they got something right this time.

Between the topic title and the first post, you have listed 3 distinct terms:
  • Assault rifle -- select-fire, centerfire intermediate carbine, e.g., M16, M4.
  • "Assault weapon" -- nonsense political term encompassing black firearms that frighten firearm prohibitionists, i.e., anything they want to call an "assault weapon."
  • Weapon(s) of war -- firearms used in combat or otherwise in use or previously in use by militaries, e.g., M1 Garand, M14 M16, M4, M249, M9, M17/18.
Firearm prohibitionists have been blowing the "weapons of war" horn for years, trying to use it to describe civilian-market semiautomatic firearms that most definitely are not weapons of war.

Biden has the Nukes and F-15s
ab5cdec91ae1c73a78e0b35013b7474e.jpg

Well that's OK because I am not in or planning on going to war. So these must be civilian firearms not weapons of war.

Well a shotgun was a trench gun in WW1 so I guess that’s also a weapon of war. Good, let’s send the UN to the Trap and Skeet fields and start confiscating.

Then tell me why police departments are allowed to have AR-15 rifles? SBR and select fire. Are police patrolling for war?
Well according to the antis the only use for them is to kill the maximum number of people in the shortest amount of time.
Something they want to tell us ?

Back
Top Bottom