• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Assault CAR Ban

MadRussian

Army Veteran
This has been my argument to a few anti-gun people that got them thinking...

I would like to propose an Assault Car Ban. Considering that car’s cause more deaths and injuries and are implicated in more felonies (DUIs) then guns are, I would like to apply the same ideas as the ones used in the last band as well as current MA laws.

Here are some definitions and reasoning:

Semi-Automatic: Changes gear on its own, more likely to accelerate out of control.

High Capacity: Carrying more then 5 people, in an event of an accident – the more passengers, the more victims.

Car Storage: Garage or tire boot mandatory. Car may be stolen and used in a crime.

Key Storage: Key safe/lock. A child might get they keys and drive off in the car.

Max Speed: govern all cars at 65 mph, driving over the speed limit is illegal and dangerous. Anyone caught speeding with a post-ban car will be convicted with a 10-year felony, even if no accidents or injuries occur.

High Acceleration: No less then 10 seconds for 0-60 mph. Fast acceleration can cause wheel spin and result in injury or death.

Gas Purchase Limit: More the 20 gallons/purchase may be bought by someone planning to commit a hit-and-run or evade police.

Licensing: No restrictions (ADP-All Driving Purposes); Restricted-home and work only. License is issued at the local RMV managers discretion.

Minimum Age: 18 and 21 for car and motorcycle respectively.

Banned Models: Honda Civic used in illegal car races; Box Vans used to transport drugs in large quantity.

Though I approached this in a comical and cynical sort of way, a lot of gun laws make the same amount of sense as my ideas stated above. So if my ideas are not supported, why should the similar-minded gun legislation be?

Last edited:
This has been my argument to a few anti-gun people that got them thinking...

I would like to propose an Assault Car Ban. Considering that car’s cause more deaths and injuries and are implicated in more felonies (DUIs) then guns are, I would like to apply the same ideas as the ones used in the last band as well as current MA laws.

Here are some definitions and reasoning:

Semi-Automatic: Changes gear on its own, more likely to accelerate out of control.

High Capacity: Carrying more then 5 people, in an event of an accident – the more passengers, the more victims.

Car Storage: Garage or tire boot mandatory. Car may be stolen and used in a crime.

Key Storage: Key safe/lock. A child might get they keys and drive off in the car.

Max Speed: govern all cars at 65 mph, driving over the speed limit is illegal and dangerous. Anyone caught speeding with a post-ban car will be convicted with a 10-year felony, even if no accidents or injuries occur.

High Acceleration: No less then 10 seconds for 0-60 mph. Fast acceleration can cause wheel spin and result in injury or death.

Gas Purchase Limit: More the 20 gallons/purchase may be bought by someone planning to commit a hit-and-run or evade police.

Licensing: No restrictions (ADP-All Driving Purposes); Restricted-home and work only. License is issued at the local RMV managers discretion.

Minimum Age: 18 and 21 for car and motorcycle respectively.

Banned Models: Honda Civic used in illegal car races; Box Vans used to transport drugs in large quantity.

Though I approached this in a comical and cynical sort of way, a lot of gun laws make the same amount of sense as my ideas stated above. So if my ideas are not supported, why should the similar-minded gun legislation be?

+1

Well, I sighted the following. We should ban Lamborghini, Ferrari, most of the high horsepower brands and anything dedicated to sport because why do you need a car that can go that fast? So most of the domestic brands would take a big hit since Camaro and Mustang should be the first to go. I know you say these cars aren't made to kill people, but what does excessive speed with no training equate to? Even the cops don't use these cars they are so bad!

Currently car accidents are the number one killer of kids under the age of 20. No car without a full 5 star crash test rating on everything will be allowed to be imported. This will keep the SUVs out of the market as well.

Since we're on that, a majority of issues are because of excessive speed, so we need to have a governor. Why would anyone need to go fast anyway.

Lets be honest, it's games like Forza and movies like Fast and Furious that killing both young and old alike!

Maybe not , but no one needs a vehicle that will travel at over 70 mph . Time to set limits on horse power .

Watch it! Once they're done with assault weapons those dumbasses might just as well limit car speed and HP as you propose! What, do you think they aren't that dumb?

I think everyone should have a governor in their car.

20121009_120720.jpg

here was my try at it...

Due to the success of eliminating guns from the hands of citizens the Massachusetts legislator have moved on to the largest killer of people. MOTOR VEHICLES. In 2007 there was 31,224 firearm-related deaths in the US and 41,059 motor vehicle death. this clearly means that the same laws governing gun ownership should be transferred to motor vehicle ownership.
from this point forward the owning, or purchasing of a motor vehicle is restricted to people who have license

said licenses is only available form town/city police chief in your town of residence (or town of work if need can be shown).

town/city police chief has final say on licensing and can deny your request at any time for any reason

finger prints must be recorded at time of licensing

SOME reasons for not qualifying for a licence include... Not a “suitable person” in the eyes of the chief, Felony conviction, Being the current subject of restraining order, Conviction under any law regulating the use, possession or sale of controlled substances as defined in Section 1 of Chapter 94C, Confinement to a hospital or institution for mental illness, Conviction of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for more than two years (includes conviction for OUI after May 27 1994), Conviction of a “Violent Crime”, Conviction under any law relating to motor vehicles or fuel for which imprisonment MAY be imposed, Past or current treatment for drug addiction or habitual drunkenness, Being the subject of an outstanding arrest warrant in any state or federal jurisdiction.

as speeding vehicles cause the majority of traffic deaths no vehicles may be purchased or sold that have been built after Jan 1 2013 may exceed 65 MPH

if you wish to purchase a vehicle built before that time that has the ability to travel at higher speeds a special 'class A' license must be obtained (again at the discretion of the police chief)

It is a felony to posess a "High Capacity" fuel tank(a fuel tank capable of containing more than.5 gallons of fuel) that was manufactured after april 29th 2012.

Any modification to increase speed or fuel capacity is strictly prohibited unless carried out by licensed vehicle maintenance personnel

any limiting criteria may be placed on the licence by the police chief identifies when and where you can operate your motor vehicle (aka only to and from grocery store)

any assault class vehicles (formally known as SUV's) are banned completely from ownership in Ma (see attached list)

no sport class vehicle (see attached list) may be purchased out of state. cars must be transferred to a licensed Ma motor vehicle sales office.

while operating your motor vehicle, if anyone feels 'threatened' enough to call the police your motor vehicle will be confiscated and destroyed, your license will be revoked (for a motor vehicle crime), and further licensing will be impossible

Out of state licenses will no longer be recognized in the state of MA. you must complete a $100 driver safety course from a licensed driver safety teacher and present your certificate at the time of your licensing

there is also a $100 (non refundable) application fee for you motor vehicle licence

said licence must be renewed every 5 years and may not necessarily be reissued

is is illegal for anyone to purchase fuel with out a valid motor vehicle licence. this includes lower level such as 'scooter' licenses that limit what kind of motor vehicle you may purchase

special electric car only licenses may be obtained, all criteria for standard licensing remain.

when not in use motor vehicle must be securely locked and efforts must be made to keep unauthorized users from gaining access

if vehicle is being transported it must have all fluids drained and transported in a locked container

T

You forgot pick up trucks. You know, the ones that carry illegal immigrants that crash into a tree killing 14 of them in one accident.

dont forget a car cannot have two evil features you can have a racing stripe or a spolier but not both this would make it a assault vehicle no combination of two of the following

banner stickers
spoilers
wheels over 16 inchs
racing stripes
Japanese lettering
carbon fiber hoods

turbk chargers are strickley prohibted
the attorny genral will review all new cars and decide you cant own them buy staring at them and asking her breakfast cereal

Said model t cannot be started with one of those things that goes up in the front.... it also cannot have a hood orniment they stab people........ your avatar is a violation.....

Maybe not , but no one needs a vehicle that will travel at over 70 mph . Time to set limits on horse power .

One can use the same logic that "...military style assault rifles have no place in the hands of the general population.." to argue "...racing style cars (ie Porsche, Ferrari, that are designed for the racetrack, have no place on public roads..."

Don't get me wrong, I like fast cars and motorcycles as much as the next guy, but we need to hit the pundits and lawmakers where it affects their interests. How many of you own a Porsche (OK, lucky you!)? So why not use this logic to ban "race cars" from the street as devil's advocate argument?

Back
Top Bottom