• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Asking NES for help for my Mom. Please take a moment to read. Thank you

Very happy to see you hit the goal. I threw a few more dollars into the pot anyway. I'm sure every last dollar will help. Best of luck to you and your mother!

Thoughts and prayers and a donation sent. Praying for a full recovery during this blessed season. Keep your head up, you're certainly doing the right thing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

done. I urge you to find out everything you can about medicare or whatever other services available to
help pay for home aides. I assume you asked the hospital case or social worker or whatever about what options were?
My mom paid a huge amount out of pocket to care for her dad after he had a stroke, and could have had a lot
of it paid for by medicare I believe if she had researched more.

Guys and girls. Once again i'd like to thank all of you who donated or shared our story. I am bolstered having seen the response this community alone gave, it means a lot to know there are still decent and helpful folk around.

The funniest part was my mom and her cousin asking, "what the heck is NES" and there are a lot of "anonymous" donations, I wonder why. I had to explain to them you are all my shooting buddies and we don't typically advertise ourselves on the interwebs. Very funny.

I simply cannot believe that we raised, and with your help, $8,000. After taxes what remains will be extremely helpful over the next few months insuring mom gets the proper care and I can take a few extra breaths a day. I wanted to let you all know, that I did raise the goal amount. Not out of greed, but so as not to dissuade anyone who may have donated/shared from donating/sharing now. I wanted to make sure those of you who have helped thus far know that it wasn't shady. I set that $8k as an arbitrary number thinking we'd get maybe $500, I never expected to reach the $8k.

We do not know the timetable for the divorce settlement. The process began officially in June, and here we sit with very little to show for it except for that which you all helped to create. Because much is still unknown, and for the other reason above, is why I raised the goal amount.

Thank you all again, A very merry christmas to you all. Keep your eyes on the Karma page as I am getting all my odds/ends together and would love for all of you to put your names on the list when it's up!

OscyJack -

One last thing. Dont' give the money to your mother. If its her money, it gets figured into her assets and makes it more difficult to get services at reduced cost. Keep the money and use it to buy goods and services for your mom as necessary. But don't actually put the money into her account.

I don't know how much her assets are in total, and its none of my business, but that bit of wisdom is what I've gleaned after talking with estate planning attorneys while helping my mom through a divorce.

Don

Don thanks for the input. I had assumed as much and will keep it under my name until needed. Thanks for the advice, and thank you for caring :).

Just donated; not much but it all helps. Best of luck, I fully recovered from mine and I thank God every day for letting me get better. Hope it's the same for your Mom. DW

Donated. Best wishes to your mom on her recovery. Make sure to take care of yourself through the process also. Very easy to run ragged.

Definitely running ragged at this point :). Thanks to you all again, and David, even $.01 is meaningful and helpful and we appreciate it and you!

Quick bump, I hope no one minds.

Also, reminder, first karma is up. Second will list wed night! first one is a pro mag vice block set

Thank you all again for being awesome

Just saw this and donated. Hope your mom gets stronger every day. You are a good son.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom