Ask RUGER to bring back the PC9

Looks like a garbage dinosaur to me that is far eclipsed by modern developments. What advantage does it offer over modern PCC's & sub guns?

most PCC's are direct blowback such as keltec sub2k or beretta CX4 storm. For 9mm pressures direct blowback is probably most cost effective and sufficient design.

also the PC9 runs of P89 or P95 mags if i recall correctly?
i've never shot a PC9 but i've fondled one and it looks quite nice. i would pick one up in 9mm in a heartbeat if they weren't so pricey nowadays.

I was saving my pennies for a Ruger PC9 or Marlin Camp9 but in the end settled for the Hi-Point. Like Squib308, I would own one if they weren't pricey.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WHY? Because they like it, no other reason needed. I had a camp 9 years ago and loved it, i had a 9mm AR and loved it, i had a Beretta Storm and loved it. Would i buy a PC9 if Ruger brought them back, ABSOLUTELY.

WHY? Because they like it, no other reason needed. I had a camp 9 years ago and loved it, i had a 9mm AR and loved it, i had a Beretta Storm and loved it. Would i buy a PC9 if Ruger brought them back, ABSOLUTELY.

Clearly not and that is my point. If enough people liked it then Ruger would still make it. If you want to convince Ruger to make a gun then it might behoove you to have a better line of reasoning than "because I like it".

I had a PC9 and the trigger was not good at all. The rifle was very sturdily built, no question, and it took high cap S&W mags. But if I wanted to get a 9mm carbine today I would try the Chiappa M1-9 m1 carbine replica, it takes 92FS mags...

But I ask again: Why?

What does it offer over the alternatives?
Because it came from a time of some great memories, just like the Camp 9 or when my Ruger #1 130 serial from 1977 in 7mm Mag is shot, their fun guns and effective, but they not bought, owned, shot and loved for the competitive and what's better nature. Why do I own Garands and M1 Carbines, there's better, but not all that much!!!

I also wish ruger would bring back their .44mag carbine. got to shoot one at my outdoor club last year thing was a beast.

seems like ruger is making rifles only for either new AR-15 people or the fudds with every possible chambering in a bolt gun. Homestly Im surprised they havent chambered the american bolt rifle in 380acp yet.

Love my PC4 and would really like to get a PC9 to go with it. These rifles are hands down my favorite to shoot when it comes to pistol caliber carbines.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1451528096454.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451528096454.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 69
I wanted a PC9 for long time, but never found one for the price I was willing to pay.
I fondled a few, they seemed well made, but they're just too heavy for what they are.
They take P85/P89 mags, I had a P85 and a 20 round mag for it. I sold the P85 but kept the mag, hoping to use it in a PC9 someday.
I'm not sure I'd petition Ruger to start making them again, unless they dump the PC4 and make a .45 instead.

I also wish ruger would bring back their .44mag carbine. got to shoot one at my outdoor club last year thing was a beast.

seems like ruger is making rifles only for either new AR-15 people or the fudds with every possible chambering in a bolt gun. Homestly Im surprised they havent chambered the american bolt rifle in 380acp yet.

Not quite, they're doing away with the #1 rifle (now just limited runs) and they technically don't make a M77 rifle, just the Hawkeye. My dad's mentioned the 10/.44 and it seems like a great idea. I just can't get too excited about buying any Rugers though because of what Bill did in the 80s and 90s and because their guns are... welll... ugly to me.

jesus, add another to the list of stuff to boycott. we're gonna gun control ourselves right out of business. [laugh]

^^this

We all agree Bill Ruger was a douchenozzle. But seeing as he has passed away and the company has moved along, Bill Ruger is irrelevant today. time to move on.

I'd like to try one. Considering the mechanism, it might be fairly easy to design a stock that can use multiple different mags. Maybe replaceable mag well blocks in the same stock. Also, it's an interesting candidate for a 9mm bulpup PCC.

Looks like a garbage dinosaur to me that is far eclipsed by modern developments. What advantage does it offer over modern PCC's & sub guns?

Most PCCs by definiton are garbage dinosaurs, but as a range toy I can see it probably being more reliable than a Sub2000 or a ShitPoint. Still not as sexy as an Uzi or an MP5 clone though.

Even back when Ruger made those things, they never made enough of them and the product was pretty scarce. Either thats because demand was low or they just didn't make enough. I don't know what the deal is though. Even when Beretta had the Storm out (do they still make it?) it was hard to get the 9mm version of that gun. I asked around a few places but all I could find was .45s and .40s, and gave up.

-Mike

OP, you might have a better chance if you put together a big group buy and offer Ruger enough money to make a limited number.

I have always been fond of carbines. The PC9 was conceived with LE sales in mind. The market wasn't there so Ruger discontinued it. In this day and age ARs in 5.56/223 are all the rage in LE circles and fears of over penetration by these rounds have not materialized negating the pistol caliber carbine concept. I like pistol caliber carbines: I have a Model 94 Winchester Trapperin Model in 45 LC, a CX4 in 45 ACP, a Plainfield M1 Carbine (arguably the best civilian marketed one) in 30 Carbine which approximates a .357 Mag hot load and I just picked up a Hi Point 9mm in a group buy. I like the idea of interoperability of pistol and rifle ammo like the 1873 Winchester and The Colt Single Action Army in 44-40. If Ruger has continued with the PC9 I would have purchased eventually but they did not. I recommend that you want a 9mm carbine depending on your wallet, you need to look at Hi Point or Beretta.

The CX4 can be configured to accept M92 mags so a Mass Resident can use hi cap pre bans. For the price of one CX4 you can probably get two Hi Points. Then there are Just Rights and a slew of others including some AR type platforms. I am familiar with these two. Shop around, there are viable options. Highly doubtful Ruger will bring back the PC9 because it wasn't a money maker and I say this FWIW as a Ruger Stockholder.

My understanding is that the CX4 has been discontinued in .45 but still available in 9mm.

Last edited:
OP, you might have a better chance if you put together a big group buy and offer Ruger enough money to make a limited number.

I think the chances of getting Ruger to run off a batch would be much better if it came from a distributor who would guarantee purchasing several thousand.
And if that distributor had such an intention, they'd surely spec it a bit differently than the original PC series and put their logo on it.

While we are asking for things that aren't going to happen, can I get Marlin or Winchester (heck even an Italian outfit, I don't care) to make a 9mm lever action?

RUGER, How bout something similar to the 10/22TD rifle in 9mm.... "Wishful thinking..."

Seems like it would be easy for them to make a 9mm version of the Deerfield, since they were making that only 10 years ago. I think the crucial problem for pistol caliber carbines is what mark056 pointed out. In general it will be close to as expensive for a company to produce a pistol caliber carbine as it is for them to make an AR or something similar, and 223/556/300 is really dominating the market right now.

I have always been fond of carbines. The PC9 was conceived with LE sales in mind. The market wasn't there so Ruger discontinued it. In this day and age ARs in 5.56/223 are all the rage in LE circles and fears of over penetration by these rounds have not materialized negating the pistol caliber carbine concept. I like pistol caliber carbines: I have a Model 94 Winchester Trapperin Model in 45 LC, a CX4 in 45 ACP, a Plainfield M1 Carbine (arguably the best civilian marketed one) in 30 Carbine which approximates a .357 Mag hot load and I just picked up a Hi Point 9mm in a group buy. I like the idea of interoperability of pistol and rifle ammo like the 1873 Winchester and The Colt Single Action Army in 44-40. If Ruger has continued with the PC9 I would have purchased eventually but they did not. I recommend that you want a 9mm carbine depending on your wallet, you need to look at Hi Point or Beretta.

That totally explains the SIG MPX, CZ Scorpion, and 9mm AR's. ???

Shit Point & Beretta are the two WORST examples of PCC's on the market.

Back
Top Bottom