Ashland police chief placed on admin. leave

Team 5 revealed the police chief used taxpayer money to buy ammunition for a trip to the firing range with family and friends.
[laugh]

I hope he didn't give anybody a hard time with getting an LTC.

Paid administrative leave = vacation.

hopefully all his guns were confiscated for the publics well being. If he will bully other cops, what would he do to the little people

Paid administrative leave = vacation.

hopefully all his guns were confiscated for the publics well being. If he will bully other cops, what would he do to the little people

I wish there was a way to recoup pay and benefits from paid administrative leaves when and if someone is fired. Seems to my simple mind that would be the fair thing for all parties (including the taxpayers).

Scotty was always a bit of a bully. Thought he'd grown up, but I guess not.

I grew up (and went hunting - well, my dad did) with Chief Gonfrade and knew Scotty from high school and when he first joined the force.

He pulled me over the day after I picked up my first new car for not having an inspection sticker. Even though he'd seen it just the night before at a mutual friend's house. He walks up and before he said a thing, I asked "jeeze Scotty, what'a ya bustin' my balls for now?"

Probably the only time I ever mouthed off to a cop on duty.

Telepathically uploaded via Google implants.

Now how about an arrest, trial and conviction if he stole money.
Oh yeah... More equal than others... That's right.
What was I thinking.

He committed a crime involving his public job. It's similar to Tom Finneran. They should take away this guys pension like they did finneran.

A bit of history of how chief Rhomer was selected -

A "secret search committee" of the well connected was out together and conducted the full process - call for applicants, interviews, etc. The stated plan (which was followed) was to announce who was on the secret committee only after the selection of the new chief had been made and the committee disbanded.

And another update from the Metrowest Daily News:

Rohmer also said he pulled papers earlier this afternoon to run for Board of Selectmen.

hopefully this commie state doesnt somehow find a way to make that affect my LTC since Ashland issued it

There have been no allegations of improper procedures in LTC or FID issuance (unlike the case in Framingham a while ago), so it is unlikely existing LTCs would be effected. The licensing officer is a by the book sort - he handles things in a "green" way, but doesn't shortcut any steps so you should be OK.

Back
Top Bottom