• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ashamed of my hometown newspaper...

I love how they decided to use Amherst for the mis-statements and not Hamp. Ken gives out no restrictions to everyone and anyone that can get a license. We talked at length about this and he is very pro 2a and doesn't worry about the lawful owners. I'm sure they didn't get what they wanted from him so they turned to the nuts in Amherst. Completely disgusting[puke]

Don't post here, preachin to the choir.
Write to the paper.
Be polite.
Zappa's post above is close. Use the facts, not the snide asides.

Here's their address.
Northampton Office
115 Conz Street,
Northampton, MA 01061
413-584-5000

Amherst Office
9 East Pleasant Street
Amherst, MA 01002
413-549-2000

Write to the Editor: Larry Parnass

Or here's a weblink where you can suggest a correction to an article
Suggest a correction | GazetteNet Drupal

And here is the paper's full contact info link:
http://www.gazettenet.com/contact

So, I'm 37 so I think I'm too young to remember, but did journalists actually report news without bias before? I've heard that, but not sure if it's really true or not...

I think they did at one point or at least tried to cover their bias a bit more than today. Now its like reading the daily propaganda pieces from the flaming moonbats.

Amherst Police Chief Scott Livingstone is clueless and doesn't understand the laws he's charged with enforcing. Sad.

I know Scott. He's a pretty good guy and even in the People's Republic of Amherst he gives out LTC-As, no restrictions.

I wonder if all of the people who want "universal backround checks" realize they wont work at all. A straw purchase is when someone buys a firearm LEGALLY and then sells it to someone who cannot LEGALLY own them. So this person making the straw purchases are already passing the backround check and then knowingly breaking the law so they are already criminals. I don't know why people can't wrap their dumb heads around simple concept.

well then he should e pissed off at the paper for making him look clueless to MA law

Obie didn't say that he wasn't clueless, just that he was nice. It sounds like Scott could use an education on what the laws that he's supposed to be enforcing actually say. It's only everyone in his jurisdiction's freedom at stake after all. Clueless cops = trouble.

Back
Top Bottom