• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ashamed of my hometown newspaper...

Kristin Palpini is clearly a clueless fearmonger. The title of that article says it all. Just another liberal dolt with an agenda.

It's the media...what did you expect? People writing about something they clearly know nothing about.

If the shamefulness ended in the newsroom of that newspaper, we'd be a lot better off. The problem is, it seems to go on and on... local, state and national government. Local, national, and even international news media.

The individual writers - like Kristin Palpini - need to be shamed for their blatant disregard for journalistic standards. Keep dragging their names out on the internet and they'll hopefully have trouble landing future employment.

People who are moving to Massachusetts, they’re supposed to register their guns in this state and sometimes that happens and sometimes it doesn’t,” Livingstone said.

FAIL!

Amherst Police Chief Scott Livingstone is clueless and doesn't understand the laws he's charged with enforcing. Sad.

"The registry tracks sales by gun dealers and transfers, but does not account for undeclared or informal gun transfers or sales, straw purchases — when someone buys a gun for a person who is not legally able to own such a weapon — or any illegal transaction."

I love how the media states the obvious and acts as though they have made an astounding revelation.

This woman is a complete idiot. So typical of the local media.

The lunatics in the hamp/Amherst area will eat this right up too...the worst part is that someone who was not familiar with firearms and the like before, now thinks they are.

This article is just chock full of false information, BS and FAIL:

The registry tracks sales by gun dealers and transfers, but does not account for undeclared or informal gun transfers or sales, straw purchases — when someone buys a gun for a person who is not legally able to own such a weapon — or any illegal transaction.

How is ANY gun registration system supposed to record an illegal transfer ???
Maybe we can pass a new law making it mandatory for criminals to report their illegal activities. [rolleyes]

Almost a quarter of the 118 seized firearms were guns that cannot be sold in Massachusetts.

And how many were purchased legally here in Mass before the law changed in 1998, and still legal to own and sell privately today ?????

Amherst Police Chief Scott Livingstone said he’s not surprised guns banned for sale in Massachusetts are found in private collections. There are many legal ways residents can purchase guns not allowed for sale in Massachusetts, such as pistols and revolvers that don’t meet the state’s handgun safety requirements. Handguns can be bought out of state and owned legally in Massachusetts as long as the sale is reported to the registration system within seven days of purchase,

Really Chief ???
Better read the law again, handguns bought outside of a persons legal state of residence must be shipped to, and transferred by, an FFL in the persons home state. You can't legally buy a handgun in another state and carry it home.
Also, it's NOT illegal to own a non-AG list compliant handgun in Mass. The law pertains to the dealer who transfers it to you, not the buyer.

Residents can also own “assault” and large-capacity weapons if they were manufactured before September 1994, when the state’s assault weapons ban on such guns went into effect, and in other special circumstances.

Wrong again.
You can own one that was manufactured yesterday, as long as it doesn't have any of the "evil" features outlined in the 94' AWB, such as a folding or collapsable stock, bayonet lug or flash hider.

Amherst Police Chief Scott Livingstone is clueless and doesn't understand the laws he's charged with enforcing. Sad.

I am finding that is not at all uncommon

- - - Updated - - -

This article is just chock full of false information, BS and FAIL:

How is ANY gun registration system supposed to record an illegal transfer ???
Maybe we can pass a new law making it mandatory for criminals to report their illegal activities. [rolleyes]

And how many were purchased legally here in Mass before the law changed in 1998, and still legal to own and sell privately today ?????

Really Chief ???
Better read the law again, handguns bought outside of a persons legal state of residence must be shipped to, and transferred by, an FFL in the persons home state. You can't legally buy a handgun in another state and carry it home.
Also, it's NOT illegal to own a non-AG list compliant handgun in Mass. The law pertains to the dealer who transfers it to you, not the buyer.

Wrong again.
You can own one that was manufactured yesterday, as long as it doesn't have any of the "evil" features outlined in the 94' AWB, such as a folding or collapsable stock, bayonet lug or flash hider.
you should post that at the end of the article

I am finding that is not at all uncommon

- - - Updated - - -

you should post that at the end of the article

And/or send it to the author, editor, police chief, mayor (or selectman, whatever they have), city council, etc. Spreading lies like this not only shows their ignorance, but it is just plain irresponsible. I got too mad at the article that I stopped reading, but from what I read it was just chock full o' BS.

umm the very first line of the article in wrong. That shows how much of a "journalist" that person is.

Wouldn't a second barrel make it twice as dangerous as one barrel? I just don't get some people's logic

i wish i could post a comment, sombody got shot by a 92FS we need to ban all 92FS's! OK sombody got killed by a drunk driver in a 2010 Toyota Camry shoudl we ban all 2010 Toyota Camry's? same stupid shit it never ends there dumb and its contagious

Ah, Yep... the "Happy Valley" liberal utopia hippie commune...[puke]

You beat me to it, the Happy Valley.

People are probably sitting around at the Blue Wall or The English Pub reading this article in horror.

Why are there guns in our community, we don't need that [puke]

I'm using the puke smiley too because I couldn't find a limp dick smiley

People of weak character are like tofu, they take on the flavor of those they are surrounded with.

from the article “I do have the subjective ability to terminate a person’s license for unsuitability, but that just means they can’t buy a handgun,” he said. So does this Chief of a police agency even know how the firearms licensing works in MA? No, bud if you take someone license away from them they can't possess anything in MA anymore.

Back
Top Bottom