• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

As the coronavirus pandemic grows, gun sales are surging in many states

Reptile

NES Member
TULSA, Okla. —

David Stone snagged a cardboard box of .223-caliber ammunition from the shelf and slid it across the glass countertop, offering his go-to sales pitch: “Welcome to the biggest selection of ammunition in all of Oklahoma.”
“I’m not sure I can keep on saying that,” Stone said, explaining that the supply of goods at Dong’s Guns, Ammo and Reloading has been seriously depleted over the last few days.

Dings bell emporium.

b2a21050bac9fd37b4027d8513e4e4d0.jpg

DING!

Better get it all now, because this shit is going to get Biden elected (by design?) and Individual Freedom will be a thing of the past.

Better get it all now, because this shit is going to get Biden elected (by design?) and Individual Freedom will be a thing of the past.

Very Unlikely.

People will be tripping over corpses in the streets in every square mile of America before guns are removed from the population. Politicians will be locked in bunkers unable to view the morning sun.

‘Craziest I Have Ever Seen It’: Gun Sales Surge Amid Coronavirus Fears
Industry says background checks surged 300 percent on Monday

The coronavirus pandemic has put a strain on the gun and ammunition industry, as well as the FBI's background check system, due to surging demand.

So many Americans are flocking to local gun stores to stock up on firearms and ammunition in the face of the novel coronavirus that dealers say they are scrambling to keep up with demand. The surge is also causing delays in FBI background checks, forcing gun owners and first-time buyers alike to wait for their purchases to be approved. In the worst affected areas, the normally instantaneous checks could begin to take weeks.

"This is the craziest I have ever seen it. We sold out of all FMJ in the main calibers … and are only left with some high-end self-defense ammo," Scott Blick, a managing partner at Ammunition Depot, told the Washington Free Beacon. "We have ammo coming in by the truckload to restock, but it will be a long time before we are back to normal inventory."

The FBI said it only publicly releases data on the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) monthly but the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the firearms industry's trade group, said the number of gun checks tripled at one point.

"We did have a conversation with the FBI yesterday. And they told us on Monday, March 16, 2020, NICS checks were 300 percent higher than they were March 16, 2019," Mark Oliva, a spokesman for the NSSF, told the Free Beacon. "Since February 23 through present, on average, every day has been at least double what it was last year. There certainly has been a run on people buying firearms and people buying ammunition."

Back
Top Bottom