As heard at the gun store

I might have asked him what he expects FID-carrying Keltec Sub2000 .40 owners to do (I don't think they're sold with high-cap mags), but well done.

Ouch. I'd have been twitching, too, if I'd seen that. I wouldn't have assumed you'd seen it.

Yea, it was a nervous moment for sure. I'm just glad I didn't have a customer draw down on the guy.

It is a little old style. This is not bad as it keeps it fast. There is a lot of information there and a pretty good portion of their inventory is on it with pricing. There are other gun sites that have nothing but a phone number and address.

Amen to this. It *does* look like it was designed like a retarded chimp on meth, but it actually is regularly updated and has good info.

listen, having your store neat and clean and well lit has nothing to do with cost. it has to do with giving a damn about your image, i work in retail for a living. I know all about it.

Yes, but the size of your store vs. the amount of inventory you carry does. If you work in retail, I'm sure you've heard of the maxim that merchandise "has to earn it's space".

There's a reason stores like Coach and Loius Vitton can have one purse per table, Gap has huge open spaces, and Lowes and JCPenney have jam packed tables.

Part of the reason FS can keep costs down is low overhead and by using the little floor space they have to stuff it with inventory.

God forbid someone says something bad about four seasons.

Ive never been a fan of the customer service that I've gotten there.

I had a great conversation with someone, who may have been Carl, when I called there. However, when I went in to make a purchase it seemed liked I was asking the guy behind the counter for a handy j when I had the nerve to ask him to see a, gasp, second (similar) gun to compare. I've always had good service at another dealer that everyone else on here hates. I guess it's just me...

Here's one...

Me: That's a cool preban AR.

Employee: Yup, you can only use preban mags in a preban rifle.

Me: Really? So, I can't use my preban 30 round mags in a postban AR?

Employee: Nope

Oh Jesus. I've been doing this for years! I hope I haven't damaged any of the dozens of post-ban AR's I've put pre-ban mags in! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!!!!

The Powder horn in Vermont:

Customer: "you guys don't sell bow strings do you?"
Dude Behind the Counter (owner?): "No, the cowboys beat the Indians.... we sell GUNS here....."

best line i've heard in a gun shop yet! :)

Guns INC(formerly AA guns) in west springfield was kind enough to advise me that unless i had my LTC, i couldn't buy the latest issue on guns and ammo. I asked the guy if he was confusing an ammo magazine with the reading magazine and his response was "i know what im talking about". I put the issue back and walked out of the store.

Guns INC(formerly AA guns) in west springfield was kind enough to advise me that unless i had my LTC, i couldn't buy the latest issue on guns and ammo. I asked the guy if he was confusing an ammo magazine with the reading magazine and his response was "i know what im talking about". I put the issue back and walked out of the store.

You can buy guns an ammo on an FID..... That guy was a moron....

;)

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner

I was checking around the cases in a local shop and heard this:

Customer: I'm looking around because I want to get my carry permit but don't know what I really want yet.....the last time I shot a pistol was a 45 in the Navy back in the 80s
Sales guy: Well I'll show you a few different options and started to show him some revolvers.....a ruger sp101
Customer: ahh.....**** those revolvers....too old school for me!

WTF.....the guy admits he has not held a pistol in over 2 decades and the last pistol he used was a 1911.....and says revolvers a ****in old school! My thought.....don't ask for advice if you are already the expert!

The Powder horn in Vermont:

Customer: "you guys don't sell bow strings do you?"
Dude Behind the Counter (owner?): "No, the cowboys beat the Indians.... we sell GUNS here....."

best line i've heard in a gun shop yet! :)

Good one!! I think I've been in there; got some surplus M1 carbine mags from them 5-6 years back, IIRC.

I knew it - I just knew it. First they regulate the Second Amendment, now they're down to the FIRST Amendment, regulating our reading material!!

And people keep making fun of my tin-foil yarmulke. Hah. [tinfoil]

Southern NH gun store:

Guy (about 35) holding a 12 gauge pump shotty: I've never owned a gun before, can you show me how it works?
Clerk: I can tell you the basics, which end the bullet comes out, how the safety works, but you really need to take a class for that
Guy: Okay, I just want to get one now while I still can

There's a reason stores like Coach and Loius Vitton can have one purse per table, Gap has huge open spaces, and Lowes and JCPenney have jam packed tables.
Two numbers retail stores use:

- Cost per square foot/year for space (this is generally how commercial space is priced)

- Sales per square foot of floor space

and a new one:

Young guy: I'd like to sell this [Gen 4 Glock]; don't use it for work anymore
Store clerk: We can't sell that so the most we can give you is $300 but you could sell it to a friend for more.
Young guy: I want to sell it today
Me: [eyeing the pistols in the case like a man with cash in his pocket] [wave]
Store clerk: [looking at me and pointing across the room] Sir, that guy over there can help you

yes, he left it there for short money

where was this? if you let us know I'll never go there again, because that d*ck deserves a lesson in fairness. $100? how about $300 and he can sell it again for $500! d*ckhead!

where was this? if you let us know I'll never go there again, because that d*ck deserves a lesson in fairness. $100? how about $300 and he can sell it again for $500! d*ckhead!

wasn't he offered $300.00?
anyways, i think that the decision to sell was ultimately with the kid. I guess he needed the money [smile] I see no fault with the store clerk (I mean jerk)

actually, $100, but I just realized this was 5 years ago and for all I know the guy isn't around (financially or physically). duh on my part! I just see blatant fairness issues in stark black and white!

bought a used pistol and it comes with a cheap plastic trigger lock. As the clerk is boxing it up I ask if he minds not installing it since I don't want it scratching the frame.

Clerk 1: well it's store policy they stay on until you leave, then you can take it off
Me: okay
Clerk 2: are you going to carry it home?
Me: no, I'll just put it in my trunk (this was my mistake--should have just ignored him! It's at this point Clerk 1 exits the scene, now I know why!)
Clerk 2: a trunk does NOT meet Mass law, you need to have it locked
Me: I'm pretty sure a locked trunk is fine (I know it's fine but I'm trying to be polite)
Clerk 3: NO, a trunk does not meet Mass law and neither does a glove box... [the two clerks rant on about Mass law and how cops will arrest you for anything, etc., etc.]
Me: well, okay it's your store
Clerk 2: It's not our store, we just work here, but we're instructors, we teach people the requirements, so we know
Me: if you're instructors you should know
Clerk 2: right. we. do.
Me: okay, but just remember you can use a trigger lock for storage but never for transport in Mass

for the record, a glove box shouldn't be used for transport but a locked trunk is fine:

Q: How do I transport a gun in my vehicle?

A: A person with a Class "A" LTC may transport a handgun loaded or unloaded on his person or under his direct control in the vehicle. If the handgun is not under his direct control, it must be unloaded and in a locked case, locked trunk or other secure container.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/firearms-reg-and-laws/frb/frequently-asked-questions.html

Last edited:
My favorite gun store is Blue Northern in Ayer. One of the many reasons why it's my favorite store is that sometimes when you ask one of the guys - either Bill, Ron, Tom, Billy, or Dave- a question, they'll say, "I don't know". Followed up by, "I'll find out for you."

Imagine that? People at a gun store that actually won't knowingly give you bad advice.

not a fan of blue northern! went in their while i was working and asked for a magazine for a 17hmr and they bagged it! i got home and the mag they gave me was for a 17 mach2! and i couldn't return it because i lost the receipt! and their prices are on the very high side!

Back
Top Bottom