• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

As heard at the gun store

God forbid someone says something bad about four seasons.

Ive never been a fan of the customer service that I've gotten there.

FS has great prices and some knowledgeable people working there. It is small for the amount of traffic they get, but I always found it to be clean and well lit, and once you actually make your way to the counter most of the people I've dealt with have provided great customer service. I will say I have called twice in a row and gotten two different answers within 10 minutes, and a couple of the people who work there are clowns. But overall I've had good experiences there and referred others.

Mike

I was at a local shop while another guy wanted to trade in a glock. Unfortunately the glock was 3rd gen so the shop could not legally sell the firearm unless to LEO. After the customer was denied, an employee mentioned its illegal to own it and he can get in alot of trouble since it was made after 1997. I almost wanted to chime in but I decided to take advantage of my opportunity to mind my own business.

He did sell my rifle. Hate to throw him under the bus. He is very green being open under a year. I just hope he can figure out what pre ban means.

Throw him. It would be useful to know which shop owner is so certain in his ignorance - he probably gets other things screwed up, too.

I was at a local shop while another guy wanted to trade in a glock. Unfortunately the glock was 3rd gen so the shop could not legally sell the firearm unless to LEO. After the customer was denied, an employee mentioned its illegal to own it and he can get in alot of trouble since it was made after 1997.

I wish these guys would go take LenS's class on Mass law. They'd learn something.

no offense meant to anyone at all, but when in FS i didnt find it to be a good store...at all. They sure do great deals, but the store is small, the help is slow, and its in a shitty spot. JMO tho, take it with a grain of salt or sugar depending how you like your margarita.

I've been to A LOT of gun shops in Mass. FS is average to slightly better in terms of shop floor organization and cleanliness. Definitely below average with regard to available, shoppable square footage. I have never had anything but a positive customer experience there. Having said that, I certainly won't question someone else's opinion based on their own experiences. For me it's too far away even with their deals.

I was at a local shop while another guy wanted to trade in a glock. Unfortunately the glock was 3rd gen so the shop could not legally sell the firearm unless to LEO. After the customer was denied, an employee mentioned its illegal to own it and he can get in alot of trouble since it was made after 1997. I almost wanted to chime in but I decided to take advantage of my opportunity to mind my own business.

In the past, when I've heard people get sold complete bullshit, I've caught up with the customer as an aside (if I can do it casually) and mentioned something to the effect of "He's not right about that. My understanding is X but you should check up on it with the MGLs" I wouldn't get into a pissing match and wouldn't want to show up the shop keep. That said, that misinformed customer will then head out the door and misinform more people. If I can limit that I will.

no offense meant to anyone at all, but when in FS i didnt find it to be a good store...at all. They sure do great deals, but the store is small, the help is slow, and its in a shitty spot. JMO tho, take it with a grain of salt or sugar depending how you like your margarita.

Well, I have to disagree - FS is great, the staff take the time to be really helpful (I suppose that makes them slower), they have a good variety of consignment stuff. I have never left FS without getting what I was looking for, and that makes it a good store to me.

Here's one...

Me: That's a cool preban AR.

Employee: Yup, you can only use preban mags in a preban rifle.

Me: Really? So, I can't use my preban 30 round mags in a postban AR?

Employee: Nope

I got something like this at a local gunshop as well. The guy behind the counter basically told me that I couldn't buy the pre-ban AK mags for my WASR b/c it was a post-ban rifle and also told me that my rifle was illegal.

After that trip, I was wondering if there was going to be a PO waiting for me at my house when I got home. [smile]

The funniest thing was, this guy was selling post-ban, MA-compliant AK variants at his shop. By his logic, he was doing so illegally unless a someone from a free state was going to buy them.

i meant the literal store itself in the building, it looks shady and has a tiny ass parking lot for all the venues in the rear of the building. Yeah its in a great spot geographically in relation to the freeways and the massdyke.
Sorry fella. You are way off the mark. Not sure what your comparing FS to. I've been at this like a friggin sick puppy goin to every store I can find just too look, including Maine, Ma and NH. FS is one of the best ones around in MA. If you have something better let's hear it! I've made many great deals there in pistols and rifles. Yes it gets busy there... it really must suck cause it's busy and they sell as fast as they get the stock it in the building.

Last edited:
I took a long lunch and went to Dicks in Nashua, NH they were having buy 3 get 4th box of ammo free. I was looking for 45 or 22 no great pricing. However, customer walked up to counter and asked to see the Henry repeater lever action .22. Salesperson gets it down hands it to the customer.

Customer: Where do the bullets go?
Salesperson: (looking quite puzzled) Ahmm, in this tube thing I think?
Customer: How many does it take?
Salesperson: (Now holding the rifle and looking down the barrell) At least 30. Yup because this is so long.

Left my items on the counter and went back to work.

I didn't ask what it was compared to. I asked if they had it. Given that they are one of the highest volume gun shops around I figured they would. I don't expect them to be able to suit all my need and all they had to do was say no but to say that it's not a common round is just a blatant lie. I have 2 10MM's too and they had that in stock. I'm sure they would sell more 5.45 than 10mm

I work for a chain that has 11 stores in the pacific northwest and we don't have a single 5.45x39 in out current inventory. Regardless of the "popularity" of the round, most shops don't sell the rifle. I have a couple dozen boxes 5.45x39 ammo in stock and it's been here for a long time. I sell 7.62x39 and 5.56 on a daily basis.

Last edited:
AIMsurplus had a blog last year saying that 5.45x39 out sold 7.62x39 by over 10 times the volume.

You think that might be because it was the cheapest surplus round and people buy a shit ton of it in bulk and not because it's a super popular round among the vast majority of shooters? I know you 5.45 guys want to think you're special, but from what I can see in the general firearms retail market it's not a popular round. Like I said there's a pile of ammo at my ship that's been there for forever and not sold.

I wish these guys would go take LenS's class on Mass law. They'd learn something.

They typically won't take a class because they are convinced that they KNOW everything (correctly). I can only help those that are willing to learn,invest some time and willing to come with an open mind. Unfortunately in the firearms business there are many more with a closed mind than an open mind. [sad]

Had a gentleman walk up to my counter today and ask to purchase a box of ammo. I aksed for what I always ask for.... "an LTC or FID". He replied, "well ive got an LTC cuz if I had an FID you COULD'NT sell me the box of 40 ammo I asked for". I said doesnt matter the license pal, ammo is ammo. He then flashed what I think was a MASP badge, and said "I think I know the laws". I then showed him the 44mag carbine we carry, and asked what to do if a desert eagle/sw29/sw629/ruger owner walks in and ask for that ammo? Do i ask "what guns do you own" to those who ask for multipurpose rounds? he stuttered like an idiot and shut up. I dont know everything..... But I know a badge doesnt mean I know less than a cop. Felt good, im not gonna lie.....[smile]

Had a gentleman walk up to my counter today and ask to purchase a box of ammo. I aksed for what I always ask for.... "an LTC or FID". He replied, "well ive got an LTC cuz if I had an FID you COULD'NT sell me the box of 40 ammo I asked for". I said doesnt matter the license pal, ammo is ammo. He then flashed what I think was a MASP badge, and said "I think I know the laws". I then showed him the 44mag carbine we carry, and asked what to do if a desert eagle/sw29/sw629/ruger owner walks in and ask for that ammo? Do i ask "what guns do you own" to those who ask for multipurpose rounds? he stuttered like an idiot and shut up. I dont know everything..... But I know a badge doesnt mean I know less than a cop. Felt good, im not gonna lie.....[smile]
Rep inbound!

Nice comeback. I usually just let them talk. My big mouth gets me in trouble so I try to avoid conflict with customers. Like the guy that said he could hit a BG in the eye with a Ruger MKIII from 100ft with oven mitts on. "But that's because I used to shoot 4 hours each day a few years back".

What really gets me is customers who think its okay to criticize my other customers whatever. "That guy had really bad muzzle discipline". No shit Einstein, there's a reason why I check each and every gun before I hand it to someone.

I had this crazy asian kid today who was only 22 pull a mag out of his pocket and stick it into a PX4 I had just handed him. "Did that guy just stick his own mag in that gun?!" Chill buddy, I glanced quick at the mag to see it was empty or I would have been diving over the counter to grab it out of his hands. Also notice my coworkers sitting at the computer had stood up with his hand on his pistol. Let us worry about the looney customers. Even weird people have the right to buy guns. Hell they pretty much support the industry.

Last edited:

No experience in the store itself, but what has bothered me about them is their website... they had to have gone back in time and stolen it from someone in 1995.

Good for you! +1 rep

Badge don't mean squat when it comes to gun laws.

It was nothing more than my opinion, you can feel free to disagree. I found their pricing to be very good and in good relation to the freeway, Im not dogging the whole thing, seems like folks love to center around the negative [thinking]

No experience in the store itself, but what has bothered me about them is their website... they had to have gone back in time and stolen it from someone in 1995.

It is a little old style. This is not bad as it keeps it fast. There is a lot of information there and a pretty good portion of their inventory is on it with pricing. There are other gun sites that have nothing but a phone number and address.

I might have asked him what he expects FID-carrying Keltec Sub2000 .40 owners to do (I don't think they're sold with high-cap mags), but well done.

I had this crazy asian kid today who was only 22 pull a mag out of his pocket and stick it into a PX4 I had just handed him. "Did that guy just stick his own mag in that gun?!" Chill buddy, I glanced quick at the mag to see it was empty or I would have been diving over the counter to grab it out of his hands. Also notice my coworkers sitting at the computer had stood up with his hand on his pistol. Let us worry about the looney customers. Even weird people have the right to buy guns. Hell they pretty much support the industry.

Ouch. I'd have been twitching, too, if I'd seen that. I wouldn't have assumed you'd seen it.

Back
Top Bottom