• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

As Good As Tuesdays Get (A little long, sorry

With my wife on vacation from work this week and I on a day off, I dreaded the loaded question "what do you have planned for Tuesday?". When I responded that I planned to go put some rounds down range she conveyed that she had hoped we would do some things together this week, this is where my life changed possibly forever. Let's get a baby-sitter and go shoot together was my bright idea. Much to my surprise she agreed, thinking it would prep her for the upcoming significant other LTC Class.
So I adjusted my plans slightly, instead of my normal club we would head to AFS in N. Attleboro a bit of a drive but worth it to make her day less cold and more enjoyable, However far be it from me to drive to N. Attleboro and no go to N.E. Trading for the requisite gun browsing. Here is where my day starts to look up, on my way out the door of N.E. I am struck by the urge to talk AR-15's so being that I can't currently justify $900 plus for one I inquire about complete lowers, after a brief exchange we exit and get in the car to head to AFS. At this point my wife asks what an AR lower is and why would I want one (insert light bulb over Ripach's head here), after a brief explanation I say I think they rent them at AFS maybe we will shoot one today.
Long story short we get a lane at AFS with the two pistols I brought(Makarov and glock 22) and the rented AR-15 my bride shows little interest in the pistols, but handles the black rifle like she was born with it in her hands. So after an hour and a half of shooting (I got very little practice in with my handguns) We are back in the car looking for somewhere to have lunch when my wife say's out of the blue
"I want one of those"
"one of what" I ask
"One of those black guns we shot, you know the rifle"
So to sum it all up I never knew a Tuesday could turn out so good, and needless to say I am very confident that the next adopted child to take up residence in my safe will be of the evil black rifle variety.[grin]

Last edited:
"I want one of those"
"one of what" I ask
"One of those black guns we shot, you know the rifle"---RIPACH
Looks like you have a future terrorist on your hands, congratulations! :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

Back
Top Bottom