• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

As a mass resident, can I buy ammo in Rhode Island?

Yes, but I've found in the last year if you use any thing but cash and they request ID they will want to see your permit once they see you're from MA.

Yes, but I've found in the last year if you use any thing but cash and they request ID they will want to see your permit once they see you're from MA.

Not at Foster Bear they won't. I've even talked with the owner and he knows that I'm from MA. He told me that he used to be in MA and bailed out some years ago.

Competition Shooting Supply in Pawtucket right over the South Attleboro border asks for ID anyway. And yes when I showed him my MA license he asked if I've got an LTC and wanted me to flash it too. No big deal but why worry about MA laws if you're operating a business in RI? He said some MA guys were trying to buy 'high cap' mags from his shop before so now he checks everyone's ID for all purchases.

Competition Shooting Supply in Pawtucket right over the South Attleboro border asks for ID anyway. And yes when I showed him my MA license he asked if I've got an LTC and wanted me to flash it too. No big deal but why worry about MA laws if you're operating a business in RI? He said some MA guys were trying to buy 'high cap' mags from his shop before so now he checks everyone's ID for all purchases.
How were the prices?

Except, ironically enough Rhode Island.
?

My understanding, and I'll admit I've not been following closely, it's that they officially have a short period (mid July?) to sell them out of state. If that's true, then anyone sitting on prebans in RI would have a particularly good reason to want to offload them into MA.

Am I misunderstanding your point?

?

My understanding, and I'll admit I've not been following closely, it's that they officially have a short period (mid July?) to sell them out of state. If that's true, then anyone sitting on prebans in RI would have a particularly good reason to want to offload them into MA.

Am I misunderstanding your point?
Ok Mr. pedantic, 😃 you got me on a technicality. They have 180 days to be free. Good luck finding a lgs willing to sell them.

Are you planning on selling yours?

Ok Mr. pedantic, 😃 you got me on a technicality. They have 180 days to be free. Good luck finding a lgs willing to sell them.

Are you planning on selling yours?
I'm in MA, so I'm not sure the question applies. That said, if I were a shop owner in RI, I'd be happy to help folks sell their mags out of state until the last possible minute. I'd also sell new ones until then. Not my job to police their activities after the purchase.

I'm in MA, so I'm not sure the question applies. That said, if I were a shop owner in RI, I'd be happy to help folks sell their mags out of state until the last possible minute. I'd also sell new ones until then. Not my job to police their activities after the purchase.
I don’t even want to search this, but for clarity sake, owners of magixines have 180 days to convert/sell/destroy them. I’m fairly certain the sale of them is banned immediately.

Does anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom