Article: Trump Bypasses Congress to Open Up World Markets to U.S. Gun Makers

I read that on One America News yesterday. Stocks soared 18%.
Anothwr opportunity wasted.

I like this a lot. Lets give gun manufacturers some extra scratch to start fighting back against all of this Un-Constitutional crap that these commie states are throwing against them!!

EAR will apply rather than ITAR.

Correct, but non-exporting 07FFLs were already required to register with ITAR even though they had no export event. I lack faith that they will make the correct decision that ITAR registration is no longer required because products are subject to EAR given past interpretation. The logic will be "How can you know that it is EAR with out being up to speed/date/trained on ITAR and proving that requires ITAR registration. How can you do a CJ on the product and rule EAR w/o know ITAR so you must be ITAR registered." See? I can make the bogus arguments for them on why ITAR registration tax collection is still required

Correct, but non-exporting 07FFLs were already required to register with ITAR even though they had no export event. I lack faith that they will make the correct decision that ITAR registration is no longer required because products are subject to EAR given past interpretation. The logic will be "How can you know that it is EAR with out being up to speed/date/trained on ITAR and proving that requires ITAR registration. How can you do a CJ on the product and rule EAR w/o know ITAR so you must be ITAR registered." See? I can make the bogus arguments for them on why ITAR registration tax collection is still required

We need congress to explicitly state cases in which itar is not required. Congress needs to start pulling back power from these bureaucracies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course Trump does this but won't rescind the 1989 import ban or any of the other import bans that have been put in place by EO or admin fiat (like the AK barrel/kit ban from ATF) that he could legally rescind with a swipe of a pen. Because that's not jingoist or protectionist enough. [rolleyes]

-Mike

I like this a lot. Lets give gun manufacturers some extra scratch to start fighting back against all of this Un-Constitutional crap that these commie states are throwing against them!!

Or give them no need/motovation to sell in the states because they can get fat off foreign gun sales.. :)

Back
Top Bottom