Article: Railey: The day I didn't stand my ground

Is this for real? He was attacked by two men with weapons, was knocked into the river, and is glad he did not defend himself? What if the water was cold, or a snake bit him, or the current was strong, or he inhaled as he hit the water, and he drowned? What if he did not fall in the river, and they beat him to death, or brain damaged or maimed him? If this is real, the guy is pathetic. I guess he feel it is better to be carried by 6 than judged by 12

Not how I expected that one to end [puke]

He was lucky it ended well for him. I'd rather have my gun than depend on luck.

He would have needed to get out of the water, past the first guy, to his car...the second guy was at their car. He was in no position to take on anyone from the water, never mind think about it umteen years later, as being glad he didn't have his shotgun. clueless liberal who wasn't ready for an encounter.

Written by someone who obviously is not mentally prepared to defend himself; maybe he should realize that other people aren't as weak as he is in that department and shouldn't be denied that choice.

-Mike

He would have needed to get out of the water, past the first guy, to his car...the second guy was at their car. He was in no position to take on anyone from the water, never mind think about it umteen years later, as being glad he didn't have his shotgun. clueless liberal who wasn't ready for an encounter.

All of the criminals that read this article are thinking to themselves what an easy mark this guy is.

It is his right to choose not to own a gun. I have no problem with that what-so-ever, just don't tell me that I can't have whatever gun I want!

Horrible
"It is his right to choose not to own a gun. I have no problem with that what-so-ever, just don't tell me that I can't have whatever gun I want!"

BINGO !! could not have said better

Hey cut the guy some slack. If he brought his shotgun that day they wouldn't have had to go to the truck.

Not a single thing to do with 2A though. Just a lucky me story...

I think we all are on the same page here, as in he was a lucky bastard he did not die in the five ways he described,

One, he did not die from getting hit by the ore

Two, he did not get knocked out and drowned in he river

Three, he was not killed by the dangers in the water

Four, he was not far fron the other shore so he actualy could swim there and not get pulled down stream and drown

Five, he was not shot in the back on his way to the other shore, and was not pursued by his attackers,

In conclusion, he had no options because he was unarmed, he ended up at the mercy of his attackers as they ran the show

He let them decided his way out, that just happened to be riddeled with more danger and more posssible death as he made his escape,

And you cant intimidate mother nature or wild life like a human can be, so a shotgun could have scared off the attackers, but not any thing in the river,

had he had his shot gun he would have had options to back off in his own way, or let them escape from him,

A good defence is a good offence, and he had none

Last edited:
A person can have all of the weapons and ammunition in the world, but if they are not willing to use them, then they are useless. Unwilling people with a weapon in their hands are the ones that criminals overpower and shove the weapon up the ass of. This guy is one of those people.

A person can have all of the weapons and ammunition in the world, but if they are not willing to use them, then they are useless. Unwilling people with a weapon in their hands are the ones that criminals overpower and shove the weapon up the ass of. This guy is one of those people.

Well said, I laughed as I read it.

49456461.jpg

If the guys girlfriend had a back bone she would have defended the poor kid. Two against one and unarmed heading to get a gun, i would have treaded water too. Then i would have taken down his license plate # hunted him down and make him squeal like a pig...[horse][laugh2]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom