Article on how Chinese view guns in the US.

The reason why America allows the ordinary people to possess guns is to prevent dictatorship…when that happens, the people can revolt…
Over time, Americans have developed the habit of not using guns even if they have them. Or maybe they are bound by ideas of individual heroism, believing that men should use fists to fight it out, and not relying on guns.
But in our country, the once proper so quick to resort to taking up knives, if there were guns, definitely within 10 years, the population of Chinese people would probably be reduced by half…haha.
PS: America as a country has the highest penetration of firearms in the world, with one gun per capita, but the number of Americans that die under the barrel of a gun are only a trivial 30,000…

So the average Chinese citizen grasps something our personal dictators-in-training do not?

wow that was pretty interesting.... how is it that they understand things Americans don't?

Also I'd like to disagree with this guy:

America’s president is chosen by the American citizens, so this type of government is not afraid of the common people harming society and rebelling, because don’t need to resort to guns [violence] and only need to demonstrate and protest to make the president step down~~

wow that was pretty interesting.... how is it that they understand things Americans don't?

Also I'd like to disagree with this guy:

Sometimes when you're on the outside looking in you can be much more perceptive than the people directly involved; plus the average American view China as a very monolithic culture, with maybe just some variation in cuisine due to geography.

That was very interesting, I had no idea their population had such a grasp on the concept of firearm ownership. Our local moonbats could learn a lot from them (and China in general). Thanks for sharing!

The comments look fake to me. All well educated and exactly to do with the subject.

Well, that is because the website itself is simply a collection of translated Chinese posts...

chinaSMACK is a daily-updated collection of translated internet content from the Chinese-language internet.

I find the comments kind of cute, especially this one that made me chuckle...

"If you carry a gun illegally, the police have the right to kill you. Americans’ tradition highly values life…" [rofl]

That was very interesting, I had no idea their population had such a grasp on the concept of firearm ownership.

You seriously think that the comments are real? Not one bit of spam/trolling, dissenting opinion or any sort of typos to be seen, not to mention each "poster" has an odd amount of US .gov and history information that they are talking about, more then most of our own population knows.

Well, that is because the website itself is simply a collection of translated Chinese posts...
So at best, its regulated and censored to show one point of view. Not exactly a good thing. In a country of over 1 billion, you can find people that will say anything about everything, get the side you like and post it up. That doesnt say a damn thing about the general Chinese public.

Either way, I still think its fake.

Last edited:
From what I understand, Israel's gun laws are a lot like MA... Their ownership/licensing reflects that with a ratio of people-to-licenses about the same as MA (seen various quotes of ~7M:~200K vs MA of ~6M:~200K)

It's worse, far worse. They have limits on how much ammunition you can buy every year (as a civilian) and it's some stupidly small amount of ammo that you can bring home. My guess is however that such rules/laws are frequently ignored. (There are major black markets there, and since the ranges let people shoot as much as they want, people probably smuggle ammo out of those facilities, too. ) There are probably other limits I'm forgetting here (eg, like the number of guns you can legally own) etc.

Israel only gets a rep for "gun friendliness" because there are a lot of people with creds carrying guns around, but that isn't a blanket concept which is extended to all citizens.

-Mike

I found the comments credible, but also obviously culled from many others, so I'm pretty sure dissenting opinion was removed.

The tone of the comments, particularly in reference to the government, also tell me some of the commenters were either quite foolish or living outside mainland china. You can get away with some stuff, but anything that remotely smacks of counter-revolution is not tolerated at all.

Other than that it's about what I would expect from people living in an actual dictatorship looking at us from the outside. This isn't Mao's China. The people aren't totally cut off from all information, regardless of government efforts. They're just totally politically repressed and the corruption has people in fits. For people living in an actual dictatorship, the U.S. warts and all, looks like a paradise.

I really envy having such a nice gun. If I had that, it would be so nice. Whoever bullies me, I will take the gun and go kill his entire family.

This comment was a hoot! No wonder they can't have guns. They get pissed and want to cut of the entire blood line

Back
Top Bottom