• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: MA house speaker Rober DeLeo expects to pass new gun laws.

When do we proles get to see these newly proposed gun laws? What's the purpose of withholding the details of the proposals already given to him?

A panel of experts is currently examining a number of issues relating to the state's gun laws, and the House Committee on Public Safety is expected to come out with a comprehensive bill on gun laws within the next couple of months. DeLeo said passing that bill would be a priority.

DeLeo said the House will also unveil comprehensive domestic violence legislation. He did not discuss details of either the gun bill or the domestic violence bill.

Not to be outdone by Ct or NY no doubt.

When do we proles get to see these newly proposed gun laws? What's the purpose of withholding the details of the proposals already given to him?

Look at the history of the 1998 bill and how it was railroaded through the General Court (legislature). Although there are other aspects of the story (it's complicated) GOAL was blindsided to a degree.

If DeLeo plays his cards right, the bill will come up swiftly and decisively giving us minimal opportunity to respond. Deval signs it into law as a crowning glory of his illustrious reign because he made Massachusetts safer "for the children."

This shit sounds like a cry for attention, the guy probably sees all the attention that the others have gotten from saying gun control, and wants his chance in the spotlight,

Kinda like a hay look at me I'm on TV, I'm doing something

They are keeping it quite to 'doctor' the recommendation to what they really want, then will put it into a bill. The actual report will never be seen, just the bill they say is based on the report. Yes, it will probably be a midnight affair, that wasn't on the schedule, added last minute, by hand, and slow walked to the press pool.

New gun laws? I think we have enough, I would respect them more if they just came out and admitted they will not stop until all guns are banned. Actually I wouldn't respect them either way.

Good. Me gun laws to ignore. Bet the criminals are all running skerred now! My reps will be getting calls Monday about this. I don't care what laws they want-they selectively enforce, or simply dismiss, 70% of them now. What difference does it make?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

A panel of experts is currently examining a number of issues relating to the state's gun laws, and the House Committee on Public Safety is expected to come out with a comprehensive bill on gun laws within the next couple of months. DeLeo said passing that bill would be a priority.

"It's TIME 2A" to rally again. Start making signs.

Good. Me gun laws to ignore. Bet the criminals are all running skerred now! My reps will be getting calls Monday about this. I don't care what laws they want-they selectively enforce, or simply dismiss, 70% of them now. What difference does it make?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The only problem with that is that you are not a career criminal and you don't know how to play the system. As a middle aged white guy (I'm assuming here, bad thing to do) who is law abiding with no criminal record they will throw the book at you and you will rot in an MCI somewhere. You gotta be a dirtbag or a douche to beat a gun charge.

The only problem with that is that you are not a career criminal and you don't know how to play the system. As a middle aged white guy (I'm assuming here, bad thing to do) who is law abiding with no criminal record they will throw the book at you and you will rot in an MCI somewhere. You gotta be a dirtbag or a douche to beat a gun charge.

QFT

He won't care. Politicians want headlines, not results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I know Bob DeLeo. I consider him a friend. He's a good man and I owe him a lot. I would like to see what's in the proposal. I will express my displeasure to him then.

It'll be too late then. He's already said that passing the new comprehensive gun bill (whatever happens to be in it apparently) is a priority to him. You may consider him a friend, but from where I'm sitting he looks like a corrupt, antigun douchebag.

Back
Top Bottom