• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: MA Gov. Patrick tags gun lobby with lack of progress on gun bill.

Hours after speaking with the mother of Jaewon Martin, the 14-year-old murdered on a Boston basketball court
Saturday, Patrick told reporters, “Look, there’s a lot of volume that the gun lobby has in this building, but it seems to
me that people in neighborhoods, those mothers that are losing their children on the streets of our cities, the law
enforcement who are having to deal with the proliferation of illegal firearms out there, used in the course of crime –
those voices need to be raised, and those voices are greater in number, and I think at the end of the day greater in
significance than the gun lobby.”

Actually, he's got it exactly backwards. There are hundreds of thousands of legal gun owners who don't commit any crimes, and there a couple of hundred hard core thugs in a few square miles of Boston who cause the majority of serious violent crimes in the state. It's just that being responsible and law abiding doesn't make any headlines for politicians to profit from.

Thanks again to Sen. Brewer for telling the truth about the shams that some on Beacon Hill are trying to pull. I can only imagine where our gun laws would be if we didn't have his voice in the State House. I plan to send him a letter of thanks on this issue.

“Give me a kid who’s got a hunter safety [license] and for hunting and fishing, and I give you a kid who’s not downtown doing crack cocaine. It’s true in my district.”

Can I get an Amen!?

"Deval Patrick is blaming GOAL for holding up his bill, H.4102"

Excellent! It is a POS pandering bill anyway. He obviously never asked any cops about how they feel about law abiding citizens owning guns. I have, and they all say they don't have a problem with it. Maybe he should actually discuss the issues with real citizens and not the know it all intellectuals who perform creative interpretive dance routines with facts because they just know they are right about everything.

BEAKER!! THAT IS THE COOLEST AVATAR IN A WHILE!! I miss starblazers alot!! I have two plastic models at home just waiting to be built, the yamato and the andromeda.?? Good to see someone else old enough to remember that show!

I hate to say it, but this is one of the best endorsements I've seen for GOAL in a long time. There's a fine line between 'blame' and 'credit'. While the Governor uses the former, most readers will infer the latter.

Of course the Gun Lobby is trying to hold up a bill designed to punish legal gun owners... Said lobby is, after all, made up of legal gun owners.

If the Governor is concerned about getting more voices raised in support of his bill, he should look not to
people in neighborhoods, those mothers that are losing their children on the streets of our cities, the law
enforcement who are having to deal with the proliferation of illegal firearms out there, used in the course of crime
, but rather to those who will actually benefit from his bill. Like the people killing those children, and distributing those illegal firearms.

We need to change this picture. Everytiume I come to NES latly, and see this picture of deval I want to barf.

Back
Top Bottom