• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: House GOP Shuts Down Nancy Pelosi’s Efforts to Force Gun Control Vote

Now we have a "terrorist gun loophole" according to Ms. Pelosi. I guess that she selectively forgot that the two San Bernardino shooters weren't on any lists.

It is unconscionable that a suspected terrorist can enter a store and leave with the gun of his choice

I always have to complete the paperwork and wait until the Feds approve me for a gun purchase before I can take it home from the store. What country is she talking about?

How about background checks to be in congress? And if you don't pay your taxes ,you can't raise ours. There will be more in our Bill but she'll have to pass it to find what's in it .

Now we have a "terrorist gun loophole" according to Ms. Pelosi. I guess that she selectively forgot that the two San Bernardino shooters weren't on any lists.

What a crock of $hit from the lead $hit crocker in our nation's history!

The only good news that would come from this law passing would be that it would disarm 71 HLS employees [smile] At least in theory.

Did all dems (that voted) vote for this across the board? Do they need a remedial course in the Constitution? Is due process still a thing? It's in both the 5th AND 14th Amendments, for #@%!$ sake!

We need a 28th Amendment that defines a process for prosecuting anyone holding an office or contract job associated with any branch of the government or intelligence agency, whether federal, state or local, for violating the Constitution or the civil rights of any individual or group, and prescribes prison sentences and lifetime prohibition from such jobs if found guilty.

Last edited:
Did all dems (that voted) vote for this across the board? Do they need a remedial course in the Constitution? Is due process still a thing? It's in both the 5th AND 14th Amendments, for #@%!$ sake!

We need a 28th Amendment that defines a process for prosecuting anyone holding an office or contract job associated with any branch of the government or intelligence agency, whether federal, state or local, for violating the Constitution or the civil rights of any individual or group, and prescribes prison sentences and lifetime prohibition from such jobs if found guilty.

It's hard to say what happened here, but sometimes in a vote like this where both sides know the outcome, politicians who would dissent in a real vote go along with it to keep their party happy. It's just one example of how the .party system corrupts the outcome of our representative government.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the 28th amendment you suggest would be either unenforceable or enforceable on basically everyone due to the morass of case laws and decisions (often contradictory) built up around the constitution.

It is unconscionable that a suspected terrorist can enter a store and leave with the gun of his choice

I always have to complete the paperwork and wait until the Feds approve me for a gun purchase before I can take it home from the store. What country is she talking about?

additionally, the person she is talking about has committed no crime....not convicted of anything...just oppressing rights becuase he "might be suspected of being a terrorist" yet no hard facts or evidence.

Isn't that contrary to our constitution?

She doesn't have a clue on how things work. She just makes things up as she wants.

She is clueless on guns and has no understanding. Good job people of California for keeping this mind numbing idiot in office.

she was govt approved grade A by five agencies that were involved in vetting her.

How about background checks to be in congress? And if you don't pay your taxes ,you can't raise ours. There will be more in our Bill but she'll have to pass it to find what's in it .
How about one for potus. The current one would not pass one to clean toilets there, yet he is in charge of our nation's security.

The people who Nancy is talking about is the armed law abiding citizen. They scare the cultural Marxist Progressives more than anything else in the known universe.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

C'mon - this was all about being able to put people on a list with no due process in the matter. We don't like what you said ... BAM - youre on the list. We don't like what you wrote on facebook .. BAM - youre on the list. We don't like your party affiliation ... BAM - youre on the list. This is the same BS that is HD4331 in MA that I wrote Gov. Baker about today. Its totally counterintuitive to our legal processes but that doesn't matter to the libs. They are the picture of "by any means necessary" and "the ends justifies the means". What a horrible disease liberalism is.

C'mon - this was all about being able to put people on a list with no due process in the matter. We don't like what you said ... BAM - youre on the list. We don't like what you wrote on facebook .. BAM - youre on the list. We don't like your party affiliation ... BAM - youre on the list. This is the same BS that is HD4331 in MA that I wrote Gov. Baker about today. Its totally counterintuitive to our legal processes but that doesn't matter to the libs. They are the picture of "by any means necessary" and "the ends justifies the means". What a horrible disease liberalism is.

You sir have won the internet for today!!

when the Boston Globe agrees that this is junk and nothing but grandstanding you know the libs are in trouble....I hope they DO make the focus of the election gun control.

Too, bad. Part of me really wants to call Pelosi's bluff and see this go through. The ONLY reason they're pushing the 'terrorist loophole' crap is for a "the gun lobby supports terrorists" sound-bite. They don't WANT it to go through because they don't want any scrutiny of the terrorist watch list.

Too, bad. Part of me really wants to call Pelosi's bluff and see this go through. The ONLY reason they're pushing the 'terrorist loophole' crap is for a "the gun lobby supports terrorists" sound-bite. They don't WANT it to go through because they don't want any scrutiny of the terrorist watch list.
+1

Back
Top Bottom