• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: et tu James

Trying to understand why its bad to earn money, or were funds embezzled ?

Nobody knows (or at least nobody's telling.) At best they failed to do any sort of due diligence to collect competitive bids for 36-someodd years.

I too have a very limited understanding of the issues at hand, but based on the responses of those who's opinions I have come to respect and appreciate, it certainly gives one reason to pause and consider... I've noticed that GOAL now seems to have taken up the NRA's habit of asking for my renewal fee early and often, which is bothersome. Though in the end, I will probably continue the minimum membership with both as this is a prerequisite for the club(s) I've belonged to, and I'm just trying to peacefully get along and get through each new day that I'm blessed to be able to wake up to. [thinking]

Trying to understand why its bad to earn money, or were funds embezzled ?

The real issues, as I see them, is not the existence of TOM or the interconnected relationships between GOAL, TOM, the GOAL Foundation or the Yacino's. The current arrangement may have been ideal for GOAL many, many years ago. The concern is it's value TODAY, not it's value back 20 years ago. Many GOAL members, myself included, are struggling to understand whether or not we are receiving appropriate worth for the dues and support we are giving. In order to understand whether there is truly value in the publication and the interconnected relationships, we (GOAL members), need current information in order to make a rational value judgement. We are not asking for the moon here.

I think it is patently obvious that a mailed newsletter was appropriate ages ago, primarily because of the lack of alternatives. There now exists a plethora of alternatives, many of which are faster and certainly cheaper!! These were the pertinent questions at the beginning. The growth in speculation and additional questions is attributable to the BoD and it's counsel essentially stonewalling. It is truly sad when our own organization will NOT be forthcoming and transparent to it's own members.

Personally, I would abide by the desires of the majority of GOAL members as to whether to retain TOM and all the rest, provided the issue is fully vetted and the members get to make an INFORMED decision. Even Yacino, a few pages in the February issue of TOM is trying to paint this as an "attack on his family". GMAFB.

It is soooooo convenient that Jim Wallace stated "CURRENT" Board members and counsel.

WHAT ABOUT THE RECENT PAST? HOW ABOUT IT, JIM? No conflict of interest ever?

Man up, Jim, and tell the WHOLE TRUTH not just the party line.

Back
Top Bottom