Article: et tu James

Perhaps I should read up on this a bit more before sending in my renewal that came in the mail today....... Perhaps my money would be better served going top Comm2A

It was wrong for them to point at NES. Your site has done a lot for growing GOAL. This site is how I found out about GOAL before I decided to join it.

Derek and his site, NES, has done a fantastic job in promoting GOAL. Whenever GOAL looked for volunteers for fairs, gun shows, stuffing envelopes, etc. or needed any help in getting our legislators involved in GOAL's behalf, NES has always been there. I can only say that even with the current controversy, that the NES community is only trying to make GOAL better and more efficient than it now is.

Derek and all the NESers are number one.

I will also say the only reason GOAL has recieved my membership money since I recieved my LTC in mass was do to the positive promotion of GOAL through NES and Derek ( who if Im not mistaken does NOT EVEN LIVE IN MASS )

I would be interested to know where this article was posted, TOM?

Last edited:
I'm a GOAL life member who learned about GOAL (the good, the bad and the ugly) through NES.

[thinking] It's too bad, the leadership of Goal has no idea of the power of the Internet; ie: NES. Countries have been toppled by 'the free Internet'. Maybe we should write letters to The Message. [thinking]

I don't understand stuff like this. My renewal comes up soon, and I am thinking now my money/support should be spent elsewhere, like Comm2a. [thinking]

Well that settles that. My renewal just hit the wood stove.

Mine hit the shredder over 2 years ago. Still waiting for the BOD's cranial rectitus to be resolved. I find it sad that Mr. Wallace has such a low opinion of such a large number of his supporters. The only positive I can see in all this is the funneling of money to Comm2A.

This is really upsetting. Whether he was 'forced' to sign this or not I'm really disappointed in him for doing so.

I learned about GOAL through NES and going to plan a day of this week to go join well now that is down the drain ill save my money and use it towards my renewal of NES and NRA membership when it comes up this year.

This is really upsetting. Whether he was 'forced' to sign this or not I'm really disappointed in him for doing so.

Add me as another disappointed GOAL Member that was pleased to see the NES goodwill and 'free press' towards GOAL.

AND then to attack the same Members for trying to shed light on some questions that are left in the dark? Sad...

Despicable. How much money have NES members donated to GOAL? How many pieces of legislation have been shot down because GOAL asked NES members to call, write, and email? GOAL clearly does not understand the ramifications of alienating its most vocal and hardest core members.

Am I misinterpreting something here? He seems to be pointing to NES merely as a place to find the comment. I don't believe he's assigning blame on NES. NES can't be considered at fault for something a member posts. That's like saying “Some jerk at work said I was lazy”. It's just context, not assignment of guilt.

Admittedly I haven't as up to date on the matter as most of you probably are but if we're considering ONLY the words in that article, I don't think it was meant in the way people are interpreting it. Has anybody talked to him to get a follow up? I always thought he was pretty loyal to us.

That being said, anytime an organization that relies on donations has to start a sentence with “We are advised as well by our counsel that it is legal for (us) to....” then they may want to think long and hard about what they are doing.

Very sad day when one bites the hand that feeds them. I am not saying we are the base or the only members but we sure jump at the calls to action. I am starting to feel like my money could be served elsewhere also, I will continue being a member but all the little extra money I send over the course of a year is going somewhere else until I feel better on how the foundation is run.

Wow....just wow.

I'm still on my 3-year membership to GOAL and have moved on to NH. I WAS planning on keeping my membership going to help out those that I left behind the wall, but I never saw this coming.....

All right, so someone help a brother out here ! So what should we do? I admit to not fully understanding the details and the entire history, but is it the opinion of the board that our money is best spent elsewhere?

I too joined GOAL after learning about them on NES. I am an NRA member but don't give anything extra because I learned on NES that they have pretty much conceded in Mass. Or is it the opinion of the forum that we should continue to support GOAL and recognize that they are not perfect, but still the group that best looks out for our 2A right here in Mass? Or is our money best spent at Comm2A because we KNOW what they are about?

I am interested in what the Mods and Senior Members have for advice. Not that I don't value the opinion of the rank and file, of which I consider my self a member, but I would really appreciate a little guidance here.

NES in general, but specifically Derek and the Mods, have done way, way more to support me as a shooter than any other group. I know what side my bread is a buttered on. Now I don't expect a public posting but if someone could take a second to shoot me a PM with some advice I'd appreciate it.

I don't have a ton of money, three kids, one in college and a mortgage, not to mention an expensive hobby, so I would really like to make sure that the few bucks I can spare do the most good

Guys, What he wrote in that letter was true. People here on NES have flat out accused GOAL of being in bed financially with TOM. It may be true that they are, but why are people so pissed of that he made mention of it? I am not a GOAL member, just calling attention to the obvious.

Very sad day when one bites the hand that feeds them.

None of the current Board members of Goal nor its counsel own stock in, are employed by, or receive dividends or income from The Outdoor Message Co-operative.

It's not about blaming the current BOD's but fixing the problem left by the past leadership, Yacino. The current BOD is dragging their feet on resolving this issue and moving on by leaving the corruption in the past. Acme has removed any GOAL membership from our store and will not be returning it until this is resolved, if it ever is.

I and several other voting members of GOAL will be voting in the upcoming election and it will not be for any current BOD member up for re-election.

Being in New Hampshire I don't have a dog in this fight, but please explain, is capitalism bad now ? [pot]

What exactly is the issue, Goal possibly turning a profit off TOM ?

Here is my understanding of the situation, and I don't have the time or energy to do any more due diligence:

1) I joined GOAL after hearing about it here on NES, and thought it was the only game in town for advocating for 2nd ammend. rights in MA.

2) I started getting "The Outdoor Message" in the mail soon after, and said "oh, I guess that comes with GOAL membership"

3) I generally use TOM for starting fires in the fireplace, as it has almost always has nothing relevant to my interests in it. Certainly it would be more useful as a web site, if they want to attract new members and younger shooters interested in competition.

4) I learned recently that some large percentage of GOAL membership fee goes to sending this thing out in the mail every month.

I don't think a paper newsletter is the best use of the limited funds from membership fees. I'm waiting to see if the GOAL organization can come up with a better plan. I'll vote for new directors if I can. If they can't, I'm out...

Back
Top Bottom