• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: Drawing a Pistol in a Car - Defensive Pistol Tip from SIG SAUER Academy

Good luck to anyone trying to reach a RH hip holster when someone is swinging at you and grabbing at your neck from the drivers window. I was involved with exactly that one night, and there was no way I was getting my gun out. Luckily the guy wasn't armed and I was able to get out of there. Lesson learned.

I have been to the Sig academy many times and learned the technique in this video, I think the most important message in this video is to practice how you are going to do. I agree with Tom79 about getting to it with someone in your face, but maybe your windows are closed instead of open, maybe you drive an F350 like me that's really high off the ground, then its not such a problem. I think its all depends on the situation, how you carry and what vehicle you are in. One last note - in the class (I didnt take the class in the video, I took Pistol 104 where we practice drawing in a vehicle for about 30mins - we were not actually in a vehicle)- they did not allow us to draw the gun and aim at the window of the vehicle in case of accidental discharge - glass in our eyes. Instead we drew, went around in front of our legs aiming at the gas/brake pedals and then out - to ensure muzzle management.

Not sure if it works with all vehicle makes and models or firearms models for that matter, but you could always unholster and wedge the firearm between the enter console and driver's seat. I guess it would only work on makes/models where the console is the same height as the seat bottom.

Back
Top Bottom