• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: CONCEALED PERMIT HOLDER STOPS ATTEMPTED MASS SHOOTING IN CHICAGO

Comment from Chicago Tribune article:

[banghead]

If I were being attacked I'd wait for the police, not defend myself. If my house were on fire, I don't feel qualified to use a fire extinguisher. If I were swimming next to a drowning child, I would wait for a lifeguard to show up. I also don't change flat tires because I'm not a mechanic. And last summer when I saw that girl getting raped, I didn't feel I had the proper training to intervene.......The new America

I particularly like the official statement from Uber:
Jen Mullin said:
The Uber driver had dropped off a passenger minutes before the shooting occurred, said Uber spokeswoman Jen Mullin. She had no comment on the driver’s actions other than to say the company requires all its drivers to abide by local, state and federal laws pertaining to transporting firearms in vehicles.

The driver was still an active driver for Uber as of Sunday night, Mullin said.
Compare this response to Lyft, which bans weapons possession by drivers and passengers both.

The Police Union will be after him to pay dues.

I'm pretty sure there's a police union bylaw that will prevent that.

The guy pretty conclusively demonstrated that he's not in any way affiliated with the police by firing six shots and hitting the guy three times.

If he was a candidate to be a law enforcement officer he would have emptied three whole 15 round mags - and only hit the guy once with a grazing shot to one of his shins. But he would have probably killed at least two innocent bystanders - and a dog.

I kid - but only a little.

Back
Top Bottom