• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: CONCEALED PERMIT HOLDER STOPS ATTEMPTED MASS SHOOTING IN CHICAGO

Wow:

Chicago Tribune said:
Authorities say no charges will be filed against an Uber driver who shot and wounded a gunman who opened fire on a crowd of people in Logan Square over the weekend.

In Boston it wouldn't have worked out that way.

I haven't heard anything on Boston area news stations or in the national news. In fact this is the first that I'm hearing about it. With some of the more recent mass shootings, the national media was putting out body counts before the first victim had died.

reading some of the comments on the Chicago tribune was enough to make my head spin. they accused the Uber cabbie of being a vigilante, that only the police could protect the lives of others and that he should be charged.

stupid fools. they don't deserve to be saved.

It's OK. The civilian CCW hero spent a summer as night security at a KMART 15 years ago so he wasn't really just a civilian.

Comment from Chicago Tribune article:

this incident is a good example of the hazards of the 2d amendment and subsequent soft-headed laws like concealed-carry permits in a densely populated environment:

while a private citizen may use deadly force to protect himself from the threat of deadly force--a private citizen is not entitled to use deadly force in defense of others--that is the job of the police only--instead, the Uber driver acts as a vigilante that unnecessarily adds to gun violenceon our streets-- the States Attorney's office is WRONG to not charge the driver with attempt murder, the result of which encourages other under-educated,trigger -happy nitwits to try to try their hand a t more public gunplay
Concealed carry laws are counterproductive--the 2d amendment should be repealed!

[banghead]

Comment from Chicago Tribune article:

[banghead]

Wow! This Uber driver saves god knows how many lives and there are people criticizing him and saying that the COPS are the only ones that should be able to protect people?

Unreal. Was anyone else beside the shooter injured? Nope. More than I can say for several police encounters where innocent bystanders were shot.

I can't believe that comment from the Chicago tribune. It's appalling. So inexplicably asenine that I actually feel slightly sick to my stomach knowing there are people who honestly believe that.

I can't believe that comment from the Chicago tribune. It's appalling. So inexplicably asenine that I actually feel slightly sick to my stomach knowing there are people who honestly believe that.

Well trained Statist Sheep, threatened by self-reliance.

We the people are the authority and we have every right to defend our lives and the lives of others.
To refer to someone as a vigilante that has saved others lives just goes to show how warped these peoples minds are.

They prefer a high body count so they can push for more gun control.

So? There was never really any question of this guy getting charged. Granted, the case was open for a long time, but that's it. I haven't seen an actual evidence that people legitimately exercising the responsible use of deadly force in Massachusetts are any more likely to be charged than they are anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom