Article: Concealed Carry Permit Holder Stops Air Jordan Robbery Attempt

Nike Air Jordan sneakers are a status symbol in da hood, and it's not the first incident of people resorting to violence to obtain them. I would suggest banning them but it may sound racist.

Holy crap, it drives me crazy that they keep saying, "he was killed over a pair of sneakers."

NO! He was killed because he assaulted someone who had the means to defend himself against a deadly threat.

It doesn't matter *at all* if it was over sneakers, or an offensive T-shirt, or what someone said to someone's mother once.

The core of this is that this "good kid" chose to use a gun to assault someone, and it backfired.

Shame on every cop or news organization who essentially apologizes for scumbags like that by making the death about *sneakers*.

Holy crap, it drives me crazy that they keep saying, "he was killed over a pair of sneakers."

NO! He was killed because he assaulted someone who had the means to defend himself against a deadly threat.

It doesn't matter *at all* if it was over sneakers, or an offensive T-shirt, or what someone said to someone's mother once.

The core of this is that this "good kid" chose to use a gun to assault someone, and it backfired.

Shame on every cop or news organization who essentially apologizes for scumbags like that by making the death about *sneakers*.

Yep, and they start the story with "teen gunned down" [rolleyes] How about "Violent criminal shot in self defense by law abiding citizen."

Those shoes did not belong to him. They belong to the people. The guy that bough them obviously has too much money and need a to spread the wealth. He should have surrendered the shoes and his wallet, then should have taken the bullet like a man. Sarcasm.... Just in case. I wonder how the media would have portrayed the incident if they buyer got robbed and shot. "Society fails again, good Kid commits a crime with an evil gun. He is a good good kid worthy of the name O..." Expect candle vigils, etc because he was a good kid.

****ing media report made me puke. The school note to the media made me scream at my comp.

Yeah, he was such a good boy. He was only trying to rob someone for their kicks. It's not like he's a bad person or anything. [puke2]

StevensMarksman

Seems to me this assessment applies (first read it in an article/blog post by Massad Ayoob):

"Cause of death: sudden and acute failure of the victim selection process"

Another pillar of the community ...Everyone loved him in school....He was a great student! Schools need to stop kidding themselves and flush vermin out like this kid....instead of being sheep!..Do they really think the kid was only dirt bag perp on week ends....Opinions may Vary! [rolleyes]

Police say 16-year-old Jawaad Jabbar showed up too late to a limited sales event at Hhgregg shoe store at a mall in Dayton, Ohio where the popular $200 sneakers were being sold.
Puts new meaning into "You snooze, you lose."

Back
Top Bottom