• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: California Considers Ban on All Gun Dealers

Would 2,3 4 also apply to all police stations? Seems to me that while a police station may not be in the business of selling firearms, they certainly could be ripe for theft, transfer and offering and the video requirements absolutely should apply.

First stop the sale of firearms. Then ban the ownership of them.
California will be the model of safety for the whole country to witness!
Sounds like Nazi Germany!

OMG, how f_kin retarded are they?
Murder and violent crime numbers will continue to go up and the average citizen will be less safe!
This will not affect the number of people that illegaly purchase them out of the trunk of a car.
In fact those sales of those would go up in numbers!

Thank god we have the 2nd amendment "Shall no be infringed!.LOL

Oh well, as they do anywhere there is a lot of murders by criminals that illegaly have guns..
Disarm the innocent in the name of public safety!
That worked out so well in Germany, Russia and other countries where they wanted to slaughter people it will surely work here as well. Accept this time it will be the unarmed honest citizen vs the illegally armed criminals!

Smart move dumb asses!

These guys are clever... it's almost looks as if they have learned from the anti-abortion people.

> 1. ​​​​A prohibition on licensee business premises being on a residential property.

MA doesn't allow home FFL's either. I can't see how this would be overturned.

>
2. A clear statement that localities may impose more restrictive requirements on licensees than those imposed by state law.

I'm not sure this carries any weight. I think localities can impose local bylaws provided that they do not override state or federal law. But this will encourage them to do that..

> 3. A requirement that licensees maintain full color video surveillance that is of sufficient
> quality to provide for facial recognition and records all firearm transactions on the premises

They're going to argue that this will help enforce existing laws and doesn't infringe on anyone's rights. If the store doesn't want to provide the video to law enforcement, a judge would have to issue a warrant to get the video.

> 4. ​​All licensees would be required to have a liability policy of a minimum of $1M per incident to
> cover liability arising from “theft, sale, lease or transfer or offering for sale, lease or transfer of
> a firearm or ammunition, or any other operations of the business and business premises.

Just about every real business carries liability insurance anyway, and I would bet that most gun stores with stores already carry such insurance. So I don't see how that could be argued as being unfairly restrictive.

.. very clever.

I wonder where the police will buy their guns? Oh I guess when this causes all the shops to close the police won't need guns because no one else will have them [rofl]

These guys are clever... it's almost looks as if they have learned from the anti-abortion people.

> 1. ​​​​A prohibition on licensee business premises being on a residential property.

MA doesn't allow home FFL's either. I can't see how this would be overturned.

>
2. A clear statement that localities may impose more restrictive requirements on licensees than those imposed by state law.

I'm not sure this carries any weight. I think localities can impose local bylaws provided that they do not override state or federal law. But this will encourage them to do that..

> 3. A requirement that licensees maintain full color video surveillance that is of sufficient
> quality to provide for facial recognition and records all firearm transactions on the premises

They're going to argue that this will help enforce existing laws and doesn't infringe on anyone's rights. If the store doesn't want to provide the video to law enforcement, a judge would have to issue a warrant to get the video.

> 4. ​​All licensees would be required to have a liability policy of a minimum of $1M per incident to
> cover liability arising from “theft, sale, lease or transfer or offering for sale, lease or transfer of
> a firearm or ammunition, or any other operations of the business and business premises.

Just about every real business carries liability insurance anyway, and I would bet that most gun stores with stores already carry such insurance. So I don't see how that could be argued as being unfairly restrictive.

.. very clever.

1. MA does allow a home business, the actual location can be a detached shed next to the residence.

2.. if they are making it a state law allowing more restrictive license conditions then there is no state law to over rule

3.All transactions are probably already on some sort of media

4. this is one where the insurance would certainly put all but the largest dealers out of business and then even they would hurt very badly. Sort of like the $1000 per handgun tax that has been suggested, by itself it is discrimintory against anyone in the middle and lower economic classes.

I wonder where the police will buy their guns? Oh I guess when this causes all the shops to close the police won't need guns because no one else will have them [rofl]

FACT: Most PDs buy their guns direct from the mfr or LE Distributor. They don't run into Joe Bob's Gun Shop to buy their guns. The stuff gets shipped direct to the agency as well.

The real killer in this proposal is the demand to keep video for 5 years. All commercial systems over-write the HDD after 1-2 weeks. The old tape systems that PDs used for 911 you would remove and replace the tape, but technology has moved on and those old systems filled a computer rack!

FACT: Most PDs buy their guns direct from the mfr or LE Distributor. They don't run into Joe Bob's Gun Shop to buy their guns. The stuff gets shipped direct to the agency as well.

The real killer in this proposal is the demand to keep video for 5 years. All commercial systems over-write the HDD after 1-2 weeks. The old tape systems that PDs used for 911 you would remove and replace the tape, but technology has moved on and those old systems filled a computer rack!

Understand that large PD buy direct, buit the local departments usually go through a local dealer. Just a question though, do you know if these larger PDs do their own transfers or do they go through a FFL?

Understand that large PD buy direct, buit the local departments usually go through a local dealer. Just a question though, do you know if these larger PDs do their own transfers or do they go through a FFL?

My former department (26) went to the Greenfield, MA LE distributor and I was told they were shipped direct. Distie is an FFL but they don't have to do NICS or any state paperwork. When they swapped 3 smgs for 8 M-4s with a NH FFL, it was direct as well. Ownership of the guns is the PD itself so there are no "transfers".

In MA they need a store front (e.g. detached building), right? The goal was to prevent individuals for using FFL's for personal use only.
On the liability insurance, that almost looked like standard business liability insurance, no? There's no way a ridiculous tax on each gun would pass.

In MA they need a store front (e.g. detached building), right? The goal was to prevent individuals for using FFL's for personal use only.
On the liability insurance, that almost looked like standard business liability insurance, no? There's no way a ridiculous tax on each gun would pass.

In Komiefornia, anything is possible. The nuttier the better

Won't ban dealers but it will make guns more expensive, and CA is already full rape level compared to MA prices even.

Friend of mine out there was trying to buy an M1A Socom and get it inbounded, the 2 locals that were willing to get him the gun wanted like $200-$300 over what FS was selling the thing for when it was a hot item.

-Mike

A shopping mall surveillance video of six or seven ISIS-wannabes locking down the mall and then stabbing, beheading and slaughtering hundreds of innocent disarmed civilians, including crying, begging soccer moms and helpless teeny-boppers (God forbid) as they're begging for their lives... and these nitwits in CA just MIGHT re-think their position on guns....ya think??
It's gonna happen, just a matter of when and where, and if I'm one of the wannabes and want to do the mass-slaughter in the place with least chance of armed resistance?....California here I come!

Allahu Akhbar!!

A shopping mall surveillance video of six or seven ISIS-wannabes locking down the mall and then stabbing, beheading and slaughtering hundreds of innocent disarmed civilians, including crying, begging soccer moms and helpless teeny-boppers (God forbid) as they're begging for their lives... and these nitwits in CA just MIGHT re-think their position on guns....ya think??
It's gonna happen, just a matter of when and where, and if I'm one of the wannabes and want to do the mass-slaughter in the place with least chance of armed resistance?....California here I come!

Allahu Akhbar!!

Never happen. They already had some knucklehead shoot up a school there a long time ago and all it did was make them bray out to save the orphans, wah wah wah wah, etc.

-Mike

The detached building can be a shed. The FFL I use has a little she'd like building in his yard where he does the transfers.

if they ban dealers by using onerous regs, then the people will be within their rights to use other means to obtain firearms.

OMG, how f_kin retarded are they?
Murder and violent crime numbers will continue to go up and the average citizen will be less safe!
This will not affect the number of people that illegaly purchase them out of the trunk of a car.
In fact those sales of those would go up in numbers!

I'm willing to bet you'll find this is the exact goal to some of the higher up people involved in pushing this.

Sure, the "useful idiots" are doing this out of irrational fear, but the real people pushing it want exactly this.

They want to control people using fear as a motivator.

Too bad for them that will almost certainly backfire on them, with unintended consequences totally unlike what they want.

Contrary to popular opinion, you can't stick a frog in room temperature water, then start boiling it. Truth be known, when it gets hot enough, he'll jump out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog

Read on ARF last night the bill is dead.

It may be dead, but I just saw today that the A**hole LT Gov Gavin Newsome says he has gathered enough signatures to put a huge omnibus anti gun referendum on the ballot for this November. I guarantee the idiots (unfortunately the majority of Californians) that elected him and all of the other communists into state office will vote yes for all of the proposals. I wish I had more faith, but I feel California is truly lost.

It's been the land of fruits and nuts since I was a kid.
It's one jiggle of the handle from going down the shitter completely.
Trump's fence needs to be put up a little further north to stop the spread of whatever creeping crud possesses that place.

Back
Top Bottom