AR's with a fixed mag can be sold in MA.??

Reading this thread got me thinking (which is always dangerous). The current AWB on pistols is:

a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—

1. an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
  2. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
  3. a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
  4. a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
  5. a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm

If any of the first two features were not present, the rest would not apply correct? For example, a non-semiautomatic pistol could have line 1 & 2.

What if a pistol was semiautomatic but no longer could accept a detachable magazine? Is it exempt?

Reading this thread got me thinking (which is always dangerous). The current AWB on pistols is:

a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—

1. an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
  2. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
  3. a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
  4. a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
  5. a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm

If any of the first two features were not present, the rest would not apply correct? For example, a non-semiautomatic pistol could have line 1 & 2.

What if a pistol was semiautomatic but no longer could accept a detachable magazine? Is it exempt?

I feel like it would hinge on the way they define "Ability to accept a detachable magazine." I'm sure unless it was permanent they would say it can be "Easily modified" into an assault weapon.

Back
Top Bottom