• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR's at Four Seasons

Hello,

Anyone been recently that can tell me what AR's they have? I am assuming they don't carry Colt M4's because I never see them in the email announcements or on their page. I suppose their cheapest option would be the M&P but if there is anything else in store that they haven't put on their site you think are good choices, I'd appreciate it.

JB

They had one new Colt AR model in stock tonite. I'm not up to speed on their catalog but it had a carry handle and no muzzle device. I seem to remember it being about 900 bucks.

i saw the M&P sport and Tacticsl at good prices.

didnt notice what else if anything.

I got this email a week ago.

colt_124.jpg

There are better options for ARs in mass though. Try Northeast Arms, they can get you anything and make it Mass compliant for like $60 extra, their wall of rifles is incredible, SCARs, LMTs, Colt 6920MP and 6940, H&Ks, Augs etc.

They might be able to get you the new Ruger, which is $600 retail. Pin the stock, weld on a free muzzle brake, and it'll be Mass compliant.

don't settle for a neutered Mass-version, get what you want and pay a gunsmith to make it compliant.

Last edited:
Thank you! Can you tell me why I'd want a regular version that is neutered by a gunsmith versus a MA-Compliant made?

I got this email a week ago.

View attachment 121946

There are better options for ARs in mass though. Try Northeast Arms, they can get you anything and make it Mass compliant for like $60 extra, their wall of rifles is incredible, SCARs, LMTs, Colt 6920MP and 6940, H&Ks, Augs etc.

They might be able to get you the new Ruger, which is $600 retail. Pin the stock, weld on a free muzzle brake, and it'll be Mass compliant.

don't settle for a neutered Mass-version, get what you want and pay a gunsmith to make it compliant.

For one, you can pin the stock where it fits you.
You can also choose a muzzle device to be pinned.

Thank you! Can you tell me why I'd want a regular version that is neutered by a gunsmith versus a MA-Compliant made?

Take for example an M&P 15t; the compliant version has an unthreaded barrel that you'll have to pay to get threaded, get a muzzle break put on and welded but a neutered version would already have a threaded barrel with the muzzle break on it but would just need to be welded.

Also a neutered version would have the stock pinned in place where you want it and the compliant version is pinned before you even get it.

If you are really set on a Colt, another option could be buying a lower and then getting a 6920 upper separately that somebody makes compliant.
I also agree with buying a "free state" version vs a ready neutered one, as you get more options.

No -- not set on a Colt. I just noticed they had an entry M4 for ~800. The Smith for $600 seems like THE entry level option however.

If you are really set on a Colt, another option could be buying a lower and then getting a 6920 upper separately that somebody makes compliant.
I also agree with buying a "free state" version vs a ready neutered one, as you get more options.

I have a Noveske on consignment there. Cerakoted by Marshall at Paper City. I have two and decided to sell one. It's not listed on their site.

Can't go wrong with an M&P. I enjoyed mine when I had it. Windham also makes an excellent AR for the price. With that said you could also build exactly what you want at a reasonable price too. Ive noticed quite a few $50 aluminum lower options (bushmaster, Aero, Anderson, etc...) as a decent starting point.

Got my mp sport at four seasons on Black Friday for $559 cash and a free cleaning kit can't beat that deal now I can spend more on optics n assecories for it

My M&P was flawless. Best bang for your buck. But after shooting a mid length gas system, I can't go back.

I have nothing bad to say about FS (I like them a lot actually,) but if you want to see more options check out Northeast Arms. It's not very far away and for a small shop they have some pretty nice rifles.

For my first AR I ordered a BCM complete upper, and plan to get a conplete BCM lower to go with it, though you could get cheaper lowers that are just as good. Palmetto has regular deals on complete lowers for like $200.

BCM has killer deals right now, a complete upper for as low as $440, just needs the muzzle brake welded on. So you get Colt quality or better for $700 and no tax.

Back
Top Bottom