Arrested after video showed young child playing with gun: This White Boy has skills! Fast on those reloads. An urban thug would have shot himself

Reptile

NES Member
An Indiana man was arrested over the weekend after a boy, reportedly his son, was seen wielding and pointing a gun outside their apartment unit.

Shane Osborne, 45, a resident of the Indianapolis suburb of Beech Grove, faces a charge of felony neglect of a child dependent. The arrest was captured on the reality TV show called "On Patrol: Live," which follows law enforcement officers on duty.

Authorities responded Saturday to a 911 call made by a neighbor in the apartment building where the child was holding the weapon in a hallway.

Usually urban yoots blow their brains out.

This kid has pretty good combat handgun skills.

An Indiana man was arrested over the weekend after a boy, reportedly his son, was seen wielding and pointing a gun outside their apartment unit.

Shane Osborne, 45, a resident of the Indianapolis suburb of Beech Grove, faces a charge of felony neglect of a child dependent. The arrest was captured on the reality TV show called "On Patrol: Live," which follows law enforcement officers on duty.

Authorities responded Saturday to a 911 call made by a neighbor in the apartment building where the child was holding the weapon in a hallway.

Usually urban yoots blow their brains out.

This kid has pretty good combat handgun skills.

Wow, talk about an overreaction!

The toddler may have had his finger on the trigger, but he never pulled it as far as I could hear. Second, and as far as we know, he may have been readying the weapon to clean it for his dad.

;)

Not gonna defend this one. Stupidity all around. Kid is too young to understand basic gun safety rules and should not be touching a gun period.

Choades like this are why we have storage laws that inconvenience and endanger the rest of us.

Before the libertarians come to yell at me, the parent doesn’t trust the kid not to shit himself, so no, the gun is not cool.

Wow, talk about an overreaction!

The toddler may have had his finger on the trigger, but he never pulled it as far as I could hear. Second, and as far as we know, he may have been readying the weapon to clean it for his dad.

;)

I saw this live on tv Saturday night on On patrol live.

The kid did pull the trigger multiple times and he was walking around in the hallway of the apartment complex pointing the gun at neighbors walking down the hall. The woman who called the cops works at a gun store and had the kid point the gun at her as she was in the hallway a floor below the kid.

The father is a convicted criminal who has been in and out of jail and his mother suggested he has had substance issue too. He’s probably a PP. the cops were called to the scene and talked to the reporting party who explained the kid had a gun, was pointing it at her, etc. the cops talked to the dad in his apartment the floor above hers and the father denied knowing anything about the kid having a gun and said he was sick and sleeping.

The cops were leaving without charging him or seeing a gun. A neighbor across the hall showed the cops her doorbell cam footage which clearly showed the boy with the gun, pointing it down to the lower level and pointing it at his own head while pulling the trigger. The cops went back to the dad and searched the apartment. The gun was located in a closed rolltop desk in a spot the kid couldn’t reach. So it seems the dad knew about the gun, took it and hid it in the desk then lied to the cops.

The dad claimed the gun belonged to a cousin. The dad was charged with child neglect and absolutely should have been.

"No rounds were in the chamber" according to the article.

Then what's the BFD? I'm more concerned about the stairway and why he's outside the apartment without a parent.

If the gun were loaded, then I'd be concerned, but it was an S&W, so it probably wouldn't work anyway.

Remember, it’s a media piece. I saw this live on tv Saturday, this was a really bad situation.

Here’s a better indication of what happened

View: https://twitter.com/danabramslive/status/1615185443674374145?s=61&t=nycJWHzl63IjkVrH7A4xGg

Dad arrested for child neglect - I have absolutely no problem with this.

Neighbors shitting their pants over a kid with a gun - get a frigging life.

I have no issue with a kid running around with an unloaded gun under supervision. I'd prefer a double action revolver so that he can build hand / arm strength as he plays. First step is getting kids to realize a gun is just an object, so they don't play with them at their friend's house without supervision, and work on muzzle control and trigger discipline later. Kids who aren't exposed to guns are the ones who screw around with them, resulting in tragedies (this is my opinion, I have no facts, or statistics but I know how I was raised, and how my kids were raised, and it seems to be true enough for the internet).

No one seems to care about a toddler playing near a staircase. No one cares about a toddler playing in the hallway of an apartment building unsupervised. Those are the issues where I have no problem throwing the dad into traffic. I'm not a helicopter parent (unless you count: transportation, medevac, gunship, etc) but there's an age where kids need to be supervised, playing with guns, public spaces and metal stairs being pretty high on that list. Dad's a complete fail.

I have no issue with a kid running around with an unloaded gun under supervision. I'd prefer a double action revolver so that he can build hand / arm strength as he plays. First step is getting kids to realize a gun is just an object, so they don't play with them at their friend's house without supervision, and work on muzzle control and trigger discipline later. Kids who aren't exposed to guns are the ones who screw around with them, resulting in tragedies (this is my opinion, I have no facts, or statistics but I know how I was raised, and how my kids were raised, and it seems to be true enough for the internet).
Seriously? You think the neighbors over reacted to a toddler wandering around with a real gun? Dad is a retard and I’m glad the neighbors cared enough about the welfare of the child to do something.

I waited until my son was 9 before showing him how guns work and doing more than telling him to never touch one unless I was there.

A toddler is only going to think it’s a toy and since he is allowed to play with them at home, he is more likely to pick up a gun if he sees one somewhere else. Nobody ever taught him not to.

And yes I would be just as concerned if he was running around with a K-Bar, but at least then he is only likely to hurt himself.

Different kids mature at different ages so gun time might be different for each. It’s safe to say that none of them are wearing diapers when that time comes though.

No one seems to care about a toddler playing near a staircase. No one cares about a toddler playing in the hallway of an apartment building unsupervised. Those are the issues where I have no problem throwing the dad into traffic. I'm not a helicopter parent (unless you count: transportation, medevac, gunship, etc) but there's an age where kids need to be supervised, playing with guns, public spaces and metal stairs being pretty high on that list. Dad's a complete fail.

Did you miss the part where the kid, who is in diapers and I believe 3 yrs old, was pointing the gun at the neighbors. Yeah the stairs and unaccompanied toddler in the hallway is an issue but no one is talking about that because it’s such minor issue compared to the toddler pointing a real pistol at people and pointing it at his own head while pulling the trigger.

The toddler is big for his age and looked to have fully pulled the trigger. If that guy were loaded, it’s possible the kid or a neighbor would be dead right now.

Seriously? You think the neighbors over reacted to a toddler wandering around with a real gun? Dad is a retard and I’m glad the neighbors cared enough about the welfare of the child to do something.

I waited until my son was 9 before showing him how guns work and doing more than telling him to never touch one unless I was there.

A toddler is only going to think it’s a toy and since he is allowed to play with them at home, he is more likely to pick up a gun if he sees one somewhere else. Nobody ever taught him not to.

And yes I would be just as concerned if he was running around with a K-Bar, but at least then he is only likely to hurt himself.

Different kids mature at different ages so gun time might be different for each. It’s safe to say that none of them are wearing diapers when that time comes though.

If you watch the video, that kid absolutely thought the gun was a toy. He was waving it around and pulling the trigger, etc like a kid would with a cap gun or squirt gun. Dad seems to be a felon so he’s not teaching anyone safe firearm handling.

I don't know if you're serious. I'd be worried about a round sailing through my exterior wall and into where I keep my kids safe. The kid in the video is probably 3 1/2 to 5 years old.

And yes, the toddler near the staircase was the part that made me nervous.

Indiana man arrested after video showed young child playing with gun in apartment complex hallway​

Beech Grove, Indiana, man's arrest was broadcast on 'On Patrol: Live'

I see your points, but I still think the neighbors, news and police chief over-reacted.

I don't encourage kids to run around willy nilly with real guns, and I did say that I have no issue with kids playing with an empty gun under supervision. That supervision was really lacking in this case, any and all supervision was lacking in this case. I'm thinking this family is going to have a lot bigger problems than the kid playing with an empty gun.

Supervision to me means letting the kid play with a gun, and gently correcting when safety rules are broken. You are there, right fricking there, to make those corrections and praise when things are done right. I'm probably projecting how I treated my kids and guns, and thinking that everyone else is the same.

I saw this live on tv Saturday night on On patrol live.

The kid did pull the trigger multiple times and he was walking around in the hallway of the apartment complex pointing the gun at neighbors walking down the hall. The woman who called the cops works at a gun store and had the kid point the gun at her as she was in the hallway a floor below the kid.

The father is a convicted criminal who has been in and out of jail and his mother suggested he has had substance issue too. He’s probably a PP. the cops were called to the scene and talked to the reporting party who explained the kid had a gun, was pointing it at her, etc. the cops talked to the dad in his apartment the floor above hers and the father denied knowing anything about the kid having a gun and said he was sick and sleeping.

The cops were leaving without charging him or seeing a gun. A neighbor across the hall showed the cops her doorbell cam footage which clearly showed the boy with the gun, pointing it down to the lower level and pointing it at his own head while pulling the trigger. The cops went back to the dad and searched the apartment. The gun was located in a closed rolltop desk in a spot the kid couldn’t reach. So it seems the dad knew about the gun, took it and hid it in the desk then lied to the cops.

The dad claimed the gun belonged to a cousin. The dad was charged with child neglect and absolutely should have been.

Good background information to know, thanks for sharing, but nonetheless it was an overreaction.

No one was hurt, the gun wasn't loaded, and so what if the dad was a PP?

;)

I see your points, but I still think the neighbors, news and police chief over-reacted.

I don't encourage kids to run around willy nilly with real guns, and I did say that I have no issue with kids playing with an empty gun under supervision. That supervision was really lacking in this case, any and all supervision was lacking in this case. I'm thinking this family is going to have a lot bigger problems than the kid playing with an empty gun.

Supervision to me means letting the kid play with a gun, and gently correcting when safety rules are broken. You are there, right fricking there, to make those corrections and praise when things are done right. I'm probably projecting how I treated my kids and guns, and thinking that everyone else is the same.
I'm surprised you were serious. There was no supervision, no way for neighbors to know the gun wasn't loaded, and the little man was playing in an area that really was not safe for him.
This situation isn't the same as how you raised your kids and is different from how my kid around the age as the one in the video knows to act around guns (I've taught him to ask Mom or Dad for the okay before pointing his nerf rifle at things).

Not gonna defend this one. Stupidity all around. Kid is too young to understand basic gun safety rules and should not be touching a gun period.

Choades like this are why we have storage laws that inconvenience and endanger the rest of us.

Before the libertarians come to yell at me, the parent doesn’t trust the kid not to shit himself, so no, the gun is not cool.
Stupid people are going to do stupid shit.

The father is a convicted criminal who has been in and out of jail and his mother suggested he has had substance issue too.

Good background information to know, thanks for sharing, but nonetheless it was an overreaction.

No one was hurt, the gun wasn't loaded, and so what if the dad was a PP?

;)

The media will hype it, I’m sure the tv show will assist since it publicizes the show but a toddler running around pointing a rear gun at people isn’t a small thing. No one was hurt and the gun wasn’t loaded but if someone pointed gun at you and later you found out it wasn’t loaded, you people still would want to beat the bleep out of that person.

If he mag was loaded so it could have been real national news if the toddler managed to rack the slide.

Is there a video?

I posted it

I'm calling the cops if a grown adult is waving a gun around and randomly pulling the trigger outside my door. Nevermind if a toddler is doing it.

Back
Top Bottom