• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Army veteran fired from CVS after trying to stop robbery

I can understand doing something if people were in some kind of danger, but going full retard to protect a conhugeco's bottom line? Basically a waste. CVS probably bans employees from being armed so they shouldn't be shocked if the employees hold the door open for the thieves on the way out....

I can understand doing something if people were in some kind of danger, but going full retard to protect a conhugeco's bottom line? Basically a waste. CVS probably bans employees from being armed so they shouldn't be shocked if the employees hold the door open for the thieves on the way out....

"Did you find everything you wanted, today?"

[laugh]

Ah, yeah I would. The cops could collect whatever was left of them after my well armed and trained family finished treating them for a lead deficiency.

Huh ?[thinking] Thievery is thievery, and it doesn't matter who the victim is. A thief is a scumbag , and just because the target is a billion dollar company, it does not change the fact.

Here is your million dollar idea that should make you rich beyond your wildest dreams.. Someone should invent a system that instead of just locking the exit door, locks the door behind them as well. Effectively caging the perp in a bullet proof cell.
Then you could calmly wait for the police to arrive while the scumbag was locked safely in his Lexan cell with the stolen merchandise.

Problem is unlawful detainment if someone presses that button and makes a mistake. More liability BS. For a company like CVS this stuff is a rounding error. Not saying it's right but if you're not going to entrust the staff to protect the store then this is what happens.

Here's what I see in all of this and others have alluded to it already. Corporate policies like this is why these robberies happen more and more. The thieves know that nobody is going to stop them and most likely they will not get caught because it's not worth anyone's time/effort, the insurance will cover it. Meanwhile they raise rates and the store raises prices so the average Joe is the one who pays for it all.

This may work ok financially for one, two or even twenty robberies but this pussy policy is why they keep happening and in the long run it's not good for anyone's bottom line. It's not all CVS's fault, it's the way the whole system works now. If CVS took a stand and had a policy where they allow their employees to carry and defend the store they would be in so much legal trouble it's not even funny, not to mention the BLM protests everywhere. There needs to be an overall change in the system so a store/business (or homeowner, etc) can protect themselves and their assets without becoming the bad guys.

In this case I think CVS could have given this guy a warning and sent a memo out to all stores that this action, while brave, is against company policy and any further actions like this will result in termination. Again, I don't agree with turning a blind eye to crime but in this f'd up society where criminals get the benefit of the doubt and law abiding citizens get the shaft I do understand CVS policy. It just all makes me sick, that's all.

Check this clip out, the fun starts at about 1:10 in. Maybe this is how things should be. [laugh]

[video]http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=12684#.Vt2ahtIrK1s[/video]

No idea why anyone would want to trap potentially armed robbers in a store with people it.

Robbers do crazy things when they are cornered and trapped.

I would have been pissed if one of my family members was in the crossfire.

^^this
a CVS cash register aint worth a gunfight.
if my family were in that CVS i wouldnt be so proud of hero manager. That being said firing him is stupid too.

Back
Top Bottom