• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Army vet accused of shooting her service dog found dead

Zeo

North Carolina police say they're investigating the possible suicide of an Army veteran charged with shooting her service dog as she laughed.

Fayetteville Police Lt. Todd Joyce on Sunday said investigators believe that 23-year-old Marinna Rollins killed herself. Joyce declined to explain what evidence detectives found. He says police were called to her apartment early Sunday after her body was found by friends.

Rollins and 25-year-old Jarren Heng, her active-duty boyfriend, were charged last month with cruelty to animals after investigators say they tied the dog to a tree and shot it multiple times with a rifle.

https://www.armytimes.com/articles/army-vet-accused-of-shooting-her-service-dog-found-dead

WTF? I don't understand any of this. If she tied the dog to a tree and shot it, though, then good riddance. She should killed herself beforehand and saved the dog the trouble.

It doesnt sound like a case of old yeller to me.
I wish we could bringer her back from the dead to continue her misserable existence, but ill settle for just the dog.

Edit. Wow read some of the comments on that link.. people will make excuses for anyone i guess.

Last edited:
For your consumption:
Marinna-Rollins.jpg

Karma. It's a bitch...

Last edited:
WTF? I don't understand any of this. If she tied the dog to a tree and shot it, though, then good riddance. She should killed herself beforehand and saved the dog the trouble.

I remember reading about this POS. Boy friend recorded her tying poor dog to tree and shooting it. I believe they gave her the dog to help with her PTSD. F her good riddance...

well...she obviously had something mentally wrong with her, maybe PTSD, maybe worse. sad all the way around. Hope her pos BF gets jacked up good though

I reject that she had "PTSD." She was just messed up in the head.

She was a "trainer". Taught other soldiers how to use PowerPoint and Photoshop. LIkely never engaged in battle (neither shot by or shot at anyone).

Good riddance. She should've offed herself before taking it out on a defenseless dog.

I suspect she didn't have a problem until the entire world started hating her b/c she shot her dog.

For your consumption:
Marinna-Rollins.jpg

Karma. It's a bitch...

Nothing says "classy" like a cleavage tattoo. Yikes!

I reject that she had "PTSD." She was just messed up in the head.

She was a "trainer". Taught other soldiers how to use PowerPoint and Photoshop. LIkely never engaged in battle (neither shot by or shot at anyone).

Now come on. Have you never gotten frustrated using PowerPoint?? I'm pretty sure I've got PTSD from multiple MS Office products.

WTF? Obviously she had issues so why did she have to kill the dog? Hmm, what trouble is the boyfriend in?

Sound like he participated in killing the dog.

Plus, depending upon the local PD policies, they may be investigating him in connection with the "suicide".

Just goes to show that simply donning a uniform and a patch does not instill character.

And while I do believe PTSD is a real issue, I also believe it's becoming the new race card for anyone that's been deployed, whether they actually experience the two way range or not, and then steps on their dick with drugs, booze or roids after they get home. I see a lot of people using it as an excuse for their ****ed up behavior, a quick 100% paycheck so they can watch Maury all morning, and it takes away from those that actually struggle with it.

Last edited:
With that said, she does have a great set of, tattoos. If I only had a chemlight, an E-tool, and an 8 digit grid...

I only wish she had killed herself before doing that to the poor dog....I know it's cold but the dog didn't deserve that....

Just goes to show that simply donning a uniform and a patch does not instill character.

And while I do believe PTSD is a real issue, I also believe it's becoming the new race card for anyone that's been deployed, whether they actually experience the two way range or not, and then steps on their dick with drugs, booze or roids after they get home. I see a lot of people using it as an excuse for their ****ed up behavior, a quick 100% paycheck so they can watch Maury all morning, and it takes away from those that actually struggle with it.

This

Oh, did not see THAT!
It kind of brings up the whole service dog issue...maybe there should actually be vetting on WHO gets to have one? Like only people with actual PTSD?

Oh, did not see THAT!
It kind of brings up the whole service dog issue...maybe there should actually be vetting on WHO gets to have one? Like only people with actual PTSD?

We too often focus on PTSD but there are other reasons for getting a service dog.

But your basic premise of vetting to get a service dog is correct.

Back
Top Bottom