Armslist, yeah this email offer seems legit.

They should call it ScamList. [laugh]

In about three dozen tries, I've only managed to connect once with a legit seller and never with a legit buyer. [thinking]

Meh. I've sold half a dozen guns through Armslist. Bought a couple. Lots of chaff out there, but the "delete" button costs me nothing.

Armslist is like Craigslist but not quite as bad. I'd say 50% of the people who email me or text me or call me (I have dealer account so my business phone is listed) turn into sales.

Yes, I get the certified check send to my FFL in a free state scam emails once a week a week or so. Both because I mostly post MA premium guns that are easy to get in free states and because I get 5 copies of the same email for multiple ads, hitting delete is automatic.

Armslist people are not NES people so they do ask more questions, are more ignorant of the law and in general will pay $100 more per Glock frame/slide combo.

All scammers? No. Real world filled with unscrupulous, unethical, lazy, etc? Yes. Since I sell many guns, it is worth weeding out the good buyers.

NES still better people but filled with skinflints

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've gotten emails like that. I just ignore them. On the same token, I've sold everything I ever listed on armslist to real, legit, LTC holding people, so its clearly not all scammers.

In about three dozen tries, I've only managed to connect once with a legit seller and never with a legit buyer. [thinking]

Just do in person sales and you will have no problems. It's easy to tell who the scammers are.

I hate to say this but 3 of my last 4 sales have been through Armslist. Item posted on both sites, NES sales have not been good at all. A few years ago the opposite was true.

Last edited:
My son sold something on Craigslist the other day.The guy tried to give him a fake $50.The guy kept telling him it was not fake until my son told him to go over to the store,and change it.He happened to have another $50 in his pocket that was real.

Just do in person sales and you will have no problems. It's easy to tell who the scammers are.

I hate to say this but 3 of my last 4 sales have been through Armslist. Item posted on both sights, NES sales have not been good at all. A few years ago the opposite was true.
Interesting. [grin] With you and others here reporting relatively good luck on Armslist, maybe I should reconsider and try again. And yes, the local thing is essential. Armslist even tells you that. But then they have a checkoff box for willingness to ship. Go figure. [thinking]

Like I said, I did make one impressive long distance score via Armslist, but I was biting my nails the whole time. It could have easily been throwing my money away. It was one helluva gamble. Fortunately, I had an honest dude at the other end and it all worked out fine. And now as I try to recall, I guess I did manage to sell one long gun through Armslist several years back... or was it through NES? Damn, I can't recall. [laugh]

Actually, my biggest frustration with Armslist hasn't been the Nigerian scammers. Rather, it has been sellers advertising guns that were sold off long ago. The listings seem to last forever... weeks, months and probably even years past the sale date. [hmmm]

Got rid of a piano on Craiglist. It wasn't worth much. The first taker backed out, probably because of moving cost. A music student for Boston showed up with her father and grandfather. The three of us humped it up a ramp into their U-Haul. Saved me a bundle getting rid of the thing (old upright with no real market value). The father asked me "how much" when it was done. I told him it was free, and the only reason I had a price in the ad was that I figured no one would want if I advertised it had no value.

Last edited:
Interesting. [grin] With you and others here reporting relatively good luck on Armslist, maybe I should reconsider and try again. And yes, the local thing is essential. Armslist even tells you that. But then they have a checkoff box for willingness to ship. Go figure. [thinking]

Like I said, I did make one impressive long distance score via Armslist, but I was biting my nails the whole time. It could have easily been throwing my money away. It was one helluva gamble. Fortunately, I had an honest dude at the other end and it all worked out fine. And now as I try to recall, I guess I did manage to sell one long gun through Armslist several years back... or was it through NES? Damn, I can't recall. [laugh]

Actually, my biggest frustration with Armslist hasn't been the Nigerian scammers. Rather, it has been sellers advertising guns that were sold off long ago. The listings seem to last forever... weeks, months and probably even years past the sale date. [hmmm]

Just so you know, when selling the very fist email will probably be a bot scammer. You'll get the is this still available right after posting, key words for a scam are, regards and kindly. Just be clear in your add no shipping. I would also state the area and best time for the sale in the add. This helps ween out tire kickers and lets the buyer know your not a scammer.

I listed a gun on Armslist yesterday. Got an email from a buyer this morning. "I'll take it. Can we meet today?" While I was driving to meet the buyer this afternoon, got an email from some other guy asking if I'd take $50 less. I resisted the temptation to ask if he'd pay $50 more, and just said "Gun's sold." Completed the sale in the Walmart parking lot 45 min ago.

It's not without warts, but it's not a bad service.

I listed a gun on Armslist yesterday. Got an email from a buyer this morning. "I'll take it. Can we meet today?" While I was driving to meet the buyer this afternoon, got an email from some other guy asking if I'd take $50 less. I resisted the temptation to ask if he'd pay $50 more, and just said "Gun's sold." Completed the sale in the Walmart parking lot 45 min ago.

It's not without warts, but it's not a bad service.
I notice you are up in the glorious "Live Free or Die" state where life is far less complicated than it is here in the PRM. [grin] But your point is taken. I will list one of my guns for sale within the next week and see how it goes. I'm up for dealing with a few Nigerian scammer dudes anyway. It's been a while. [laugh]

I hate to say this but 3 of my last 4 sales have been through Armslist. Item posted on both sites, NES sales have not been good at all. A few years ago the opposite was true.

+1. Recently sold a pistol through Armslist pretty quickly. The buyer did ask more questions, but was a solid person. Of course, without a feedback mechanism, every new listing is like a new game of guess-the-scammer.

Makes life more fun, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom