• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armslist Translations

Don't forget this one:

"$1200 for a Glock 19" = I don't care if you are a felon so if you pay my asking price you got a deal.

"What's the lowest you will go"

If I was going to firesale this thing I'd have posted it as a firesale.

"What's your rock bottom price?" and "What's the least you'll take?" get automatic responses of "What's your top offer?" and "What's the most you'll pay?"

It's actually a game if you do it right.

Actually I've had mostly great experiences selling on NES. Even had a trade that worked out great for both parties. After a while you get a sense for who will be a stand up person to deal with. I agree that there are usually warning signs in the communication if you just pay attention.

I won't even bother to make an offer if I want a gun that someone has listed at a ridiculous price, such as way more than typical pricing at a LGS. Sorry, but one gripe about NES is that there are way too many listings at stupid pricing. Stuff that's priced fairly will usually move.

way too many listings at stupid pricing.

They may not move fast, but they generate nibbles.

Someone who got their LTC yesterday is going to be more likely to pick up that $1200- 1400 Pre-healey AR than one of us would, but it'll sell. More importantly though- some of y'all will put out feelers for trades, and sometimes there's interesting stuff.

Are you guys implying that there may be some scammers selling stuff on ArmsList ??? [shocked]

Does that mean there's a chance that my Second Model 1903 .32 Colt Pocket Hammerless may not be the very one that Al Capone kept stashed in his sock drawer ???

Are you guys implying that there may be some scammers selling stuff on ArmsList ??? [shocked]

Does that mean there's a chance that my Second Model 1903 .32 Colt Pocket Hammerless may not be the very one that Al Capone kept stashed in his sock drawer ???

No chance, because I have it. [laugh]

I've sold tons more on armslist than NES. And I've also got more no shows/tire kickers on here than Armslist... Sure there are attempted scammers but you just ignore the email and move on...

They may not move fast, but they generate nibbles.

Someone who got their LTC yesterday is going to be more likely to pick up that $1200- 1400 Pre-healey AR than one of us would, but it'll sell. More importantly though- some of y'all will put out feelers for trades, and sometimes there's interesting stuff.

Agreed regarding the interesting stuff and trades. I'll stand by my comment that the ridiculous used prices are annoying and clutter up the classifieds forum. Not going to name names / rifles but I see used prices for NES dealer listings of my local large LGS and they are WAY better than the average dolt is listing a price for private sale. Their gun, their price, blah blah blah; and no reasonable way to prevent such inflated listings. Maybe they will occasionally see some of us criticizing them for the stupid pricing.

Depends. Does it have Geraldo Rivera's fingerprints on it???

I've only ever regretted about maybe? 6 out of all I've sold.... and of course, those were ones I had to do under duress, to get the cash I needed at the
time... otherwise I wouldn't have sold them. The other guns I've sold... don't miss them at all.

-Mike

I'm about the same .One I miss. Two I honestly don't. One of those that I did sell I sort of wish I didn't, but for all but one of them, I just efing needed the cash last week.

Regret was a fully functional never failed Ruger Mk 3 Hunter. With a ton of extra mags. I maybe had 1k rounds through it and I only used minimags.

Ah well.. hopefully my 22/45 back from Ruger will actually work. (It never ran )

I picked up a Carbon15 (Bushmaster era) off of. . . . I think ARF many moons ago. The guy had COVERED the thing in spray-on tacticool paint. Mostly FDE. Took a few cans of brake cleaner to get it all off.

Then I went to shoot it. FTE. At the time I called Bushy. Was going to send the Upper to them. They f'd up the FedEx label and I wound up not doing so. I still have to get that taken care of. That thing is SCARY light. If it worked, it'd be a fun gun to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom