Armslist Scammer

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I just got this in response to a gun I'm selling:

Thanks for the reply, I`m ready to buy and the state of Gun is great likewise the price. I wont be able to come get it myself but my FFL will be doing that. I just relocated and i still have some properties which is been moved from your area. My FFL Dealer would come with the movers to move my properties and the Gun. He would come with the Copy of the FFL so you will apply signatures where necessary. I will be making payments through a cashier check and after its been cashed at your bank a local pickup will be made as explained and i will add an extra $100 to the asking price if you can secure the purchase for me till the check arrives. Please get in touch with your name and mailing address to send the check to. Include your phone # as well for fluent communication. Thanks

Seems legit. His email address is: [email protected]

Last edited:
Either that, or government schools these days are turning out increasingly illiterate morons. I only know one person who has speech patterns like that, the first guy that my retarded ex wife ran off with (yes he actually is from Nigeria).

Got similar message on ArmsList...
My reply was to send the Cashier’s Check to his FFL, so FFL can show up with cash to transfer the firearm.
Never heard back. :)

I enjoy wasting scammers time, knowing that it leaves them less time to scam others.

Reads like the [translated] instructions manual for the mandolin I bought at a Chinese grocery store. LOL

I responded to a posting on armslist for a rifle that was too good to be true price wise and received a email from armslist indicating that the poster was identified as a scam. I have since seen similar type postings. I have also made successful purchases from that site.

My FFL Dealer would come with the movers to move my properties and the Gun. He would come with the Copy of the FFL so you will apply signatures where necessary.

There are some places on an FFL that I would absolutely refuse to apply signatures to! I've bought firearms from FFLs in the past and none of them had me apply signatures to them did I miss something?

There are some places on an FFL that I would absolutely refuse to apply signatures to! I've bought firearms from FFLs in the past and none of them had me apply signatures to them did I miss something?

The guy makes it sound like you’re signing over a car title or something. Haha

That's a pretty standard scam letter for firearms. Not so far off from some of the Craigslist scams, but special is the guy with copy of the FF license who shows up. Mind you, it's a copy of a faxed/emailed license and you're handing the firearm over to some guy who happens to have a copy of it. You're supposed to send the firearm to the premises listed on the license... oh, well. Federal law enabling scams through complexity.

Correct me if I'm wrong ( and I have been on numerous occasions) and it doesn't necessarily apply to this thread, but doesn't an FFL have to do business at the listed location on his license? Not like he could be a traveling gun show selling firearms out of the trunk of his car.

FFLs can purchase out of state with a valid and signed copy of the license. It would definitely be wise to check the validity using
FFL eZ Check Application | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and getting an ID so ifthe ATF comes knocking, you’ve done your job.

18 USC 922
Section 922. Unlawful acts

(a) It shall be unlawful -

(3) for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed
manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to transport
into or receive in the State where he resides (or if the person
is a corporation or other business entity, the State where it
maintains a place of business) any firearm purchased or otherwise
obtained by such person outside that State, except that this
paragraph
(A) shall not preclude any person who lawfully acquires
a firearm by bequest or intestate succession in a State other
than his State of residence from transporting the firearm into or
receiving it in that State, if it is lawful for such person to
purchase or possess such firearm in that State,
(B) shall not apply to the transportation or receipt of a firearm obtained in
conformity with subsection (b)(3) of this section, and
(C) shall
not apply to the transportation of any firearm acquired in any
State prior to the effective date of this chapter;

Boobs like this guy make me want to quit my job and run a counter scam comedy email blog to document this nonsense.

Guy sounds like the boob on Tucker Carlson trying to explain gun laws.

If you going to spend so much effort to scam on armslist you should at least know the law and lingo first.

Armslist is low class. Gunbroker at least has reputations like itrader so you can do background investigation on buyers and sellers.

Armslist has none of that.

Maybe that’s the point.

This is farmore direct for armslist scammers than I have seen. Below is a long email thread with a scammer. I wanted the certified check in hand and the ffl he was sending to so I could notify the ATF. Check the tracking number. USPS screwed up somehow.

Hello is your gun still available

What condition is the gun? Does it have any faults, defects
whatsoever? I have an FFL to receive it for me at Oskosh Wisconsin. What's
your shipping cost to 54904

That's ok with me. I will mail a certified check for
payment and once
the bank posts the funds which usually doesn't take more than a day,
you can go ahead and then have it shipped to my FFL. Send me your
number name and address to mail the cashier check

There will be extra funds on the certified check as it is my pay check
mailed directly to you as I want this gun very much and want no delay
in getting it. Upon the clearance kindly deduct the agreed price +
shipping and extra $30 for securing the gun for me after which I will
make arrangement on how you will get the extra funds back to me

Hi, I just want to confirm to you that the check for the payment has been mailed to you as promised, here is the USPS tracking# 9470101699320032597690. Kindly notify me once you receive the check and proceed to your bank to deposit it immediately.
Thank you

Hi I am aware that the check is yet to be delivered to you. The problem was from usps but will be resolved and delivered soon. Kindly bear with me. Thanks

This is farmore direct for armslist scammers than I have seen. Below is a long email thread with a scammer. I wanted the certified check in hand and the ffl he was sending to so I could notify the ATF. Check the tracking number. USPS screwed up somehow.

Impressive. Maybe he was thinking that a less astute person would have shipped the firearm thinking the check and FFL is on the way. It has a dead end in KCMO, it looks like the person didn’t really ship to you and fraudulently shipped to a bs address. Not to mention Oshkosh, WI is nowhere near KCMO.

Impressive. Maybe he was thinking that a less astute person would have shipped the firearm thinking the check and FFL is on the way. It has a dead end in KCMO, it looks like the person didn’t really ship to you and fraudulently shipped to a bs address. Not to mention Oshkosh, WI is nowhere near KCMO.
So many things wrong with the transaction. The disparate locations is just one. I really wanted the copy of the FFL to ezcheck and then notify the ATF. I was very disappointed that the package never arrived.

The amazing thing is that this shit must stick at least every once in a while, or else they wouldn't be doing it.
Idiots everywhere.

I get those a lot, it's obviously widespread because I've been seeing a lot of FFL copies coming through with "File copy, not for face to face transactions" written on them. Last guy even gave me an FFL #, I sent them an email letting them know the guy's info and what he was up to but no response.

Even with all that nonsense it's the best gun selling site I've used as far as results go.

No. It was all about him sending the "extra funds" back to the guy.

I completely fluented that. Now I signature this post.

EDIT

The reason it's so poorly worded is to weed out people that might be even a SMIDGE suspicious. They only want the truly dumb. They aren't sending out 1 or 2 of these a day. They are sending out hundreds! But buying guns this way instead of stereos and TV's and the like is sorta risky. If found, it's Federal PMITA prison, I would think.

Back
Top Bottom