Armslist mandatory upgrade.

I'm thinking Armslist is requiring people upgrade their account because of all the scammers on Armslist. These scammers list their location as MASS/MASS opposed to, as an example - Boston, MASS. They steal pictures from Gun Broker and eBay amongst other places. I had a guy try to sell me a stock using my own picture he stole. Their prices are way cheap and when it's time to make the sale they request funds be sent electronically (Zelle, paypal plus others) or they want a USPS money order and sent to them out of state. It's all phoney. If users have to sign up, give names and addresses and pay a fee it'll, hopefully stop the scammers.

Oh yea, yesterday I "unloaded" my Ruger sr1911 after an hour at the range - I decided I'd better save at least some ammo for today.

Just my 2 cents.
I was scammed on armslist, I'm ashamed to admit.

I was scammed on armslist, I'm ashamed to admit.
Someday you'll have concerns that will ease the pain.
[angry]
Like that time my Civic had a maddening misfire code
they couldn't cure as I was careening towards inspection time,
but I strangely stopped fretting once I T-boned a guy
that skidded on ice through a stop sign
and came to rest in the middle of 119 in Acton.
[shocked]

We've all been scammed in our lives at some point, myself a few more times than I'd like to admit over the years.

I've been ripped off by shitty clients etc but that stuff is small potatoes compared to evil broads.

Still full of scammers, unfortunately. Location: MASSACHUSETTS, MASSACHUSETTS is a pretty good sign it's BS as well as a listing with little or no personal tone or real-world expertise written on the gun. If it looks like it's written by someone with engrish as a third language stay away.

Still full of scammers, unfortunately. Location: MASSACHUSETTS, MASSACHUSETTS is a pretty good sign it's BS as well as a listing with little or no personal tone or real-world expertise written on the gun. If it looks like it's written by someone with engrish as a third language stay away.
Yeah, the MASSACHUSETTS, MASSACHUSETTS thang is a dead giveaway to not only a Nigerian scammer, but a LAZY Nigerian scammer. [laugh]

I'm always fascinated by the mechanics of a scam. WRT to the AL scammers, are they all based around sending money, as opposed to FTF transactions? I mean assuming you don't put money in the mail/venmo/PP, etc, is there a way you can get scammed via FTF? Always been curious, but never enough to try to buy the brand new Colt M4 (located, of course, in Massachusetts/Massachusetts) and see what happens.

I'm always fascinated by the mechanics of a scam. WRT to the AL scammers, are they all based around sending money, as opposed to FTF transactions? I mean assuming you don't put money in the mail/venmo/PP, etc, is there a way you can get scammed via FTF? Always been curious, but never enough to try to buy the brand new Colt M4 (located, of course, in Massachusetts/Massachusetts) and see what happens.
FTF scams are more like "Hey, did you bring the money?" And then two big guys pop up behind you, kill you, and take the money.

Yeah, the MASSACHUSETTS, MASSACHUSETTS thang is a dead giveaway to not only a Nigerian scammer, but a LAZY Nigerian scammer. [laugh]
Not always. I've found that location to be used for people out of state who are selling preban magazines, for instance, that may be of interest to people in MA, the location gets them to show up in people's searches.....

FTF scams are more like "Hey, did you bring the money?"
My Thursday night sailboat racing captain has a Few Weird Rules
for selling crap on Craigslist, etc.

I know the transaction happens at some place not traceable back to his house.
He'd show up very early.
I know he'd bring a buddy.
The buddy may arrive separately and not be visible to the other guy.

Him and his buddy used to go to MFL on a regular basis
and dump so much ammo through their 1911's
that the floor had more brass than a gun tub at Pearl Harbor.

So...

And then two big guys pop up behind you, kill you, and take the money.
4q09up.jpg

My Thursday night sailboat racing captain has a Few Weird Rules
for selling crap on Craigslist, etc.

I know the transaction happens at some place not traceable back to his house.
He'd show up very early.
I know he'd bring a buddy.
The buddy may arrive separately and not be visible to the other guy.

Him and his buddy used to go to MFL on a regular basis
and dump so much ammo through their 1911's
that the floor had more brass than a gun tub at Pearl Harbor.

So...

4q09up.jpg
This sounds like my SOP for selling stuff on Armslist. I have a buddy covering me at range with a 'scoped rifle. If it's going south, I just scratch my nose and he gets me out of it.

Last winter, I was trying to sell a Garand when I had a cold, and I went through 5 sellers before I got the deal done.

Back
Top Bottom