• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armslist??? Light?

Jttgspring

NES Member
Just wondering, in the market for a purchase, and there's some stuff on there. Anyone have experience here? If I enter my email am I getting spammed? Please share your wisdom!

Just wondering, in the market for a purchase, and there's some stuff on there. Anyone have experience here? If I enter my email am I getting spammed? Please share your wisdom!

Think of it like Craigslist. Most of the people are on the up and up but there are some sleazeballs/ criminals and spammers on there.

Haven't gotten spam. One thing I do is a google reverse image search for the images in the ad. If it is from a dumb spammer, you'll see the pictures popping up in multiple ads. Another thing is to get them to take a picture of a number or something next to the gun or a specific part of the gun so you know they actually have it.

Do your homework... I've had a couple of good transactions, but I've also seen many scams.

You should only buy from Armslist if it's a local F2F deal. I was conned by a pretty elaborate setup, but fortunately USPS refunded me as it was a confirmed mail fraud (not sure if they got the perp, however). It was the only bad deal on gun related things I've done.

One of the tricks I use to detect fraud, is to Google image search the posted picture. Many fraudulent pictures are grabbed from other legit sites.

Another trick is to contact the seller claiming that you're a local. Fraudsters would back off pretty quickly.

I responded to a post and asked to meet face to face, it's a glock so yeah there's that no ffl for me! I'll keep the thread posted on what transpires!

i've only done like 2 deals from people on armslist. IMO it can be useful to find a seller but i wouldn't even waste my time looking for a buyer. total junk. for out-of-state purchases it's a bit tricky to figure out how to provide payment without being potentially scammed.

Back
Top Bottom