• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armslist fraud advertising

Looking on Armslist Ma, for a 1911. Listing for 1 darmouth ma. Contacted seller realized his photos were EXACT same as ad on Gunbroker from Il. Flagged ad, what else should I do?

No try to work out arrangements, he wanted to ship from south dartmouth to canton? Then he asked for usps money order. Phony ad but how do We stop these guys?

No try to work out arrangements, he wanted to ship from south dartmouth to canton? Then he asked for usps money order. Phony ad but how do We stop these guys?

you mean legally? kneecapping usually works well. Get more info on the a-hole first.

Ok thanks. Yea did not send money. I felt something wrong when he didn't want FTF cash???? Thanks for your replies. N

- - - Updated - - -

I have his gmail account!!!

Would like to report this guy some how! Phony ad, falsifying ownership of handgun, claimed to be DEAF also! A..hole!!!!

I ran into the same thing on Arms List with a Colt Python. I told the guy that he had been identified as a scam artist and asked what he had to say for himself. No reply.

I don't send anything through the mail unless I get a bread on the head picture first.

cat-bread-5.jpg

Usps money order is what most people who don't have paypal accept as far as guns are involved. He could have just got the picture off the web because he didn't have a camera etc. Or maybe he bought that pistol from IL and didn't like it and relisted it using the same pics.

Must be a throw away?
Either way, I think you give this guy too much "benefit of doubt".

Usps money order is what most people who don't have paypal accept as far as guns are involved. He could have just got the picture off the web because he didn't have a camera etc. Or maybe he bought that pistol from IL and didn't like it and relisted it using the same pics.
Probably reasonable, except that this guy didn't want cash from someone local. Truth is, he isn't local at all, and is just another scammer with completely fake info.

Another internet gun scam? Say it ain't so! It seems as though you don't have to look hard at all on any of the gun sites to find a scam, a mis-described gun or a refinished gun that is "original condition" or (my favorite) "minty"

It is Buyer Beware now and has been for some time.

There's some strange people and goings on on the Interwebs!

I don't usually cruise the online gun auction/sale websites but on a whim one day I spotted something I really wanted (a very rare gun in the US) listed there and the person who listed it was personally known to me. So I Emailed him to arrange to buy it at his shop. He tells me that it is actually at another dealer's shop (also in MA). So I contact that shop and he's puzzled as to why the first person listed the gun for sale as the 2nd shop was the rightful owner of the gun. So now I'm suspicious and discuss it with a 3rd person who knows person 1 . . . he makes a call to shop 2 to verify it's genuine and I proceeded to buy it from shop 2. Good deal, very happy but everyone was confused as to how this whole thing came together.

I've emailed two people in 2 weeks on Armslist - I'm embarrassed to admit that I seriously considered sending cash to one because he had immediate plausible answers to some inconsistencies. Gut feeling said no so I bagged him. Both (actually 3) have been dropped as scams in that time. If it's too good to be true... It is. Google search is your friend.

Run into several of these chumps on Armslist. I try to stick to gun broker when I can & if I have to use armslist I look for a local deal, ftf or a paypal transaction. If you send the info on the dirtbag to arms list they will generally remove them, although they tend to pop up again.

Sent from the blind

Back
Top Bottom