• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

armslist, etc., now i need schooling, please

Fear of loss is a powerful motivator.
It sure as hell works on me. I think I've skewed GB stats on a couple revolvers with my nuclear bids, but I got the little oddballs I'd been lusting after.

The worst screwing I've taken was a GB seller from Idaho with an A+ rating and nearly 15,000 transactions. Had a GB buyer threaten feedback extortion until I told him to send the gun back. Not a real fan of GB. The few deals I've made with NESers have been awesome. I don't wheel and deal much, but if it doesn't sell on NES, it goes on consignment at the local shop.

Why are you all saying NES is cheap?

You just have to sell something people want at a non stupid price because you feel your gun should be worth it.

Half the guns being sold here are pieces of sh*t guns with half the parts replaced, then expect someone else to pay for all those "tacticool" parts you people add. $450 gun selling for $1K because "OMG, LOOK AT THIS GOLD BARREL I ADDED, GIVES +60FPS AND THE $5 RED MAG RELEASE MAKES IT SO AERODYNAMIC, YOU CAN DRAW YOUR GUN 0.003 SECONDS FASTER"

I know people sometimes have a hard time with truth, but the truth is, if no one is buying your gun, your price blows or you a selling some plastic gun everyone is tired of and you won't get much more on GB.

Then there are the ones that want to dump their sh*t $150 Amazon scope with it + their 2K rounds of ammo they overpaid for and now expect you to overpay for. [rofl]

Every gun I sold here people paid what I asked for. Every gun I bought, I paid what they asked for.
We say NES is cheap because they are.

Last gun I sold I sold for 30% higher than any offer I got on NES and it wasn't my only offer at the same price range. Armslist sucks because you have to filter a lot of tire kickers, know-it-alls that know nothing, and scammers, but it pays better, especially if you have something on the more unique side.

I always did better on Armslist. Before they went full pay for everything, you'd get a ton of initial offers that turned in to nothing, but now I don't see that as much, but also there are far fewer legitimate inquiries as well. It's useful if you're looking to do face to face deals. NES is definitely the "I know you're asking a fair price but I'm not a manly man if I don't get SOMETHING off the price!" Only time I used gunbroker, I sent a local FFL the listing URL and asked for sure if they'd accept the shipment, they said no problem, then when it arrived said "Oh I didn't know it was the stainless model, I can't do that" and it ended up costing me more money. I only do face to face now.

Why are you all saying NES is cheap?

You just have to sell something people want at a non stupid price because you feel your gun should be worth it.

Half the guns being sold here are pieces of sh*t guns with half the parts replaced, then expect someone else to pay for all those "tacticool" parts you people add. $450 gun selling for $1K because "OMG, LOOK AT THIS GOLD BARREL I ADDED, GIVES +60FPS AND THE $5 RED MAG RELEASE MAKES IT SO AERODYNAMIC, YOU CAN DRAW YOUR GUN 0.003 SECONDS FASTER"

I know people sometimes have a hard time with truth, but the truth is, if no one is buying your gun, your price blows or you a selling some plastic gun everyone is tired of and you won't get much more on GB.

Then there are the ones that want to dump their sh*t $150 Amazon scope with it + their 2K rounds of ammo they overpaid for and now expect you to overpay for. [rofl]

Every gun I sold here people paid what I asked for. Every gun I bought, I paid what they asked for.
Yup, NES isn't "cheap," there's just a slightly higer amount of non-retards here as compared to gunbroker.

Still plenty here to see. Like the $500 "TACTICAL UPGRADED PRE HEALAY" SW MP15 that is somehow worth $2600 because it comes with $600 worth of ammo and a $40 red dot that's mounted on a riser with appx 10 MOA of wiggle

A sort of related question - now that Armslist has gone "pay-to-play", anyone know of any good free classifieds sites for guns / parts / accessories in New Hampshire?
Uncle Henry's is decent. It's Maine centric but there is some NH spillover. At least people in NH can buy and sell to people in ME pretty easily with an FFL transfer. NES is very Mass centric so if it's not something that can be transferred to a MA resident forget about it.

Gunbroker is fantastic. However, a lack of any history on that site is going to be hard for you to overcome. I see it time and time again. Guns from sellers with little or no feedback arent' as active. I would suggest selling a bunch of smaller items over a period of time in order to create a postiive feedback history before you try to get big bucks for a collectible.

Gunbroker is fantastic. However, a lack of any history on that site is going to be hard for you to overcome. I see it time and time again. Guns from sellers with little or no feedback arent' as active. I would suggest selling a bunch of smaller items over a period of time in order to create a postiive feedback history before you try to get big bucks for a collectible.
Great points there @Realtor MA ... GB is the place for this kind of stuff, but another suggestion would be to look for a niche/specialty website for whatever you are trying to sell. It may be somewhat more tedious to make multiple accounts and listings, but you're likley to get a quicker sale, especially when it comes to niche collectable stuff.

Like you're going to have a quicker sale of an HK on HKPro Forums compared to on the FAL Files

Got 3 guns up on GB right now! I am however using the local shop to do it for me on consignment. One is doing really well already, the other 2 not so much but there is still 6 days left for people to see it and place a bid. They are rare guns where a bigger audience should do better for me vs trying to find someone local looking for them.

Uncle Henry's is decent. It's Maine centric but there is some NH spillover. At least people in NH can buy and sell to people in ME pretty easily with an FFL transfer. NES is very Mass centric so if it's not something that can be transferred to a MA resident forget about it.

Thanks! Never came across that site before. There are even a few of what I've been looking for listed. [cheers]

I'll cross post on NES but most people are extremely cheap here, and you don't get the exposure.

I have to disagree withe "cheap" part. I would say the people on NES are more educated buyers. That said I have had some low ball offers on NES. Don't take them and wait it out. All in all I have no complaints with NES and have bought/sold a lot of stuff on NES with zero issues and no real regrets. The biggest hassle on NES is setting up a meeting time and location. As a seller I expect the buyer to do most of the traveling, when I am the buyer I realize the responsibility to travel pretty much falls on me. In all the deals I've done on NES there was only one time I got bad vibes from the buyer and then I just called off the deal.

Besides you can't call yourself a true NES member until you've done with and met the (in)famous @TPNES [rofl]

I have used Guns International and had good luck with it. No Gunjoker sales tax crap. Just pay a listing fee for firearms or accessories and listing is good forever or when sold money is all yours. Have not had any flakes or assh$#& yet. Everyone I have dealt with have been good and professional. Also I learned to put no Ca sales because its a Pain in the ass to ship to and deal with their asinine out of state sales laws.

If you have a collectable ... GB will give you lots of exposure if you are looking for specific high end buyer I would try a brand specific site (S&W, HK each have kinda speific sites). Sometimes you need to have a certain # of posts in order to sell though.
I've had decent luck on GB but wasn't aware of the tax thing though
Almost got scammed hard on Armslist and one meh deal there so I avoid it.
Even if you have no feedback on brand/era specific sites there, if you do anywhere reference that to show you are good seller. Of course maybe not referencing NES where they can search that you are looking to milk a plump cash cow would be wise
Even though boxing/shipping can be a bit of PITA, if even partially funded by buyer, between gas and time to meet sometimes shipping is worth it.... especially after the 4 freebies per year.

Last edited:
NES has a similar pitfall about exposure. Seems like most (Or at least a very large amount) members are in MA. Doesn't do you much good if the firearm you want to buy is in VT/NH/ME, unless you're ready to jump through hoops.
Yup, MA guns at MA prices, and mostly MA buyers (even when you specify in-state, FTF sales).
Gunbroker has been good for me.

I'll cross post on NES but most people are extremely cheap here, and you don't get the exposure.

When I dont feel like dealing with internet sales and/or shipping I'll take it up to KTP and store credit usually isn't bad. However on something collectable, I would never do that.
Gunbroker for sure there or your leaving money on the table.
100%. Started going to KTP if I want cash. Still better than hundreds of tire kickers who offer a low price and then don't show up.
GB if I want the hassle of transfer and shipping and fees (which I don't mind); but shipping/transfer usually kills most deals.
Because.....I price my guns accordingly for quick sale.....usually right at where KTP will give me store credit for it.......sometimes lower. If its a lightly used normal gun, I take at least 100-150 off of the lowest price you can buy it new on the internet for........sometimes more.

And in nearly every post, I've gotten one or two muttonheads that try to lowball me like WAAAYYYY lower than that.....yes I ignore them...but thats just the beginning. That doesn't actually bother me because it takes up 0 if my time.

Then there are the tire kickers that hem and haw and then ask for lower, and the people that ask 17 questions on a basic gun, even after seeing the 10 pics, then ask for lower.
All this even after posting in the original post that, I'm firm, I know the value. They are just all over the place here..........but Im realistic, and eventually get a buyer reasonably quick.

Now, its either Gunbroker or just Trade at KTP if I want to buy something up there because in most cases, Ill get more at KTP for store credit than I will here, and its easy, no shipping, no BS other than going up there. I just did a big safe clean and traded 8 guns up there because I didn't want to deal with the BS, and they were very fair. In every trade I would have undoubtedly gotten less or equal here, for a lot more work and running around. One gun, I brought back home because they were unreasonable, but also said, they had no idea what they were looking at because it wasn't a standard gun that had a lot of comps.

but inevitably Gunbroker gets the sale 90% of the time now for way more money....just more exposure and you get the guy that will pay more.
Yup, KTP.
Lot of FFL's aren't taking AR's, Lowers, and plastic pistols anymore. (out of state ones anyway) their shelves are overflowing with that shit. When I was up at KTP....I overheard the counter guy saying we are not taking lowers or AR's any more in trade.
KTP said they are over-flowing on Sig P320's, so they weren't offering much. Hmmm, if that's the case, how about lowering the prices on the used ones a little to move them out?

There is a NH FB page, but it's all in code; sellers are going for full-retard...er, full retail on used stuff, sometimes more than new retail, and there are lots of tire-kickers, low-ballers (on the lowest prices) and flakes.

Screw Armslist. I'm not paying them $8 every month just to browse, and a large percentage are dealers, anyway, at over retail.

Armslist sucks. Anything I’ve tried to buy has turned out to be a scam.

Everything I’ve posted for sale takes a lot of effort and patience to weed through the idiots. The ones trying to trade a refrigerator for a lower. You’ll get all kinds of offers. And you’ll have to deal with all the people who flake on meeting.

Ive never sold on GB but have bought things. Usually a good experience overall.

Ive bought, sold and traded plenty here. Met some fantastic people too.

But it’s true… NES is full of skinflints too. Savvy buyers for sure. But selling here rarely turns top dollar.

I have used Guns International and had good luck with it. No Gunjoker sales tax crap. Just pay a listing fee for firearms or accessories and listing is good forever or when sold money is all yours. Have not had any flakes or assh$#& yet. Everyone I have dealt with have been good and professional. Also I learned to put no Ca sales because its a Pain in the ass to ship to and deal with their asinine out of state sales laws.
I see that site in searches all the time.

I should check it out.

I always did better on Armslist. Before they went full pay for everything, you'd get a ton of initial offers that turned in to nothing, but now I don't see that as much, but also there are far fewer legitimate inquiries as well. It's useful if you're looking to do face to face deals. NES is definitely the "I know you're asking a fair price but I'm not a manly man if I don't get SOMETHING off the price!" Only time I used gunbroker, I sent a local FFL the listing URL and asked for sure if they'd accept the shipment, they said no problem, then when it arrived said "Oh I didn't know it was the stainless model, I can't do that" and it ended up costing me more money. I only do face to face now.
Even though I don't live in VT anymore, I'd still consider shopping there for something I need. You should out the bastard who changed up at the last minute. MA I could understand, if stainless vs. blued was not on your "roster", but no excuse in VT.

Even though I don't live in VT anymore, I'd still consider shopping there for something I need. You should out the bastard who changed up at the last minute. MA I could understand, if stainless vs. blued was not on your "roster", but no excuse in VT.
No it was in MA when I still lived there. Nothing like that happening here.

Back
Top Bottom