• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armored Vehicle, Grenade Launchers At Disposal Of LAUSD Police Force

What could go wrong?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...-launchers-at-disposal-of-lausd-police-force/

Los Angeles Unified School District police officials are considering whether they need the armored vehicle and grenade launchers they received from the U.S. military.

The military hardware at the disposal of LAUSD police officers includes a 20-foot-long, 14-ton armored transport vehicles, much like the ones used to move Marines in Iraq combat zones. The armored vehicle is worth $733,000, and the school district’s police force got it from the government for free.

How would LAUSD use such a vehicle?

“For us? That vehicle would be used for extraordinary circumstances,” LAUSD police Chief Steve Zipperman said.

“It’s something that we believe is a life-saving vehicle,” Zipperman said. “And certainly we realize we need to take a look, is this the best alternative right now for us until we find something else that is more conducive to a police-type of rescue.”

But don't you dare open carry an Umbrella...

Last edited:
The thing that pisses me off is none of the trucks in the reserves work at all... why the hell cant they give this stuff to reserve and guard units who actually need it... I feel a letter to my congressman coming on.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Not sure what you mean since they are just giving these things away.

If they give equipment to the Guard, the Guard doesn't have to go out and buy new, thus reducing the market.

If they give the equipment to the Weston Police, not only will the Guard have to buy new (eventually) but also the Weston Police are a new customer who will be looking for parts and/or a replacement piece (possibly new!) some day.

The issue is the reserves in my experience never buy new stuff... its all handed down.

Mike

The issue is the reserves in my experience never buy new stuff... its all handed down.

Mike

The Marines........ doing more with less since 1775 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom