armed security course

bigmanfugitive

NES Member
I do apologize in advance if it has been covered or offered before, I didnt see it listed (scanned quickly).

Two questions:

1. Is there a requirement to be armed security officer?

2. Is there any training institues on NES that offer a course? Does said course include likely reprecussions for doin what needed to be done?
Do I need insurance? Should I get insurance?

Thanks,
Sean

1. The only requirement for being an armed security officer is an LTC-A which is either unrestricted or restricted to employment. There is no additional licensing or training requirement mandated by the state.
2. No such course exists. See #1.

You don't need insurance. Depending on the quality of the security company which employes you, the company's insurance may or may not cover you. Don't bet on it, though. I worked armed security for 2 years in Springfield. If you have any further questions, feel free to post or shoot me a PM if you'd prefer.

EDIT: Well, I stand corrected. NEShooters certainly does offer such a course. Certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to take such training. It would just be for personal development, though, as like I said there is no training requirement or license of any sort needed to be an armed or unarmed security officer in MA. It's just about the only thing the state doesn't require a license/permit for. All you need to work security in MA is a pulse. All you need to work armed security is a pulse and an LTC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom