Armed robbery in Hardwick MA tonight! **UPDATE** CAUGHT!

So apparently a small store 10 minutes from where I live was robbed at gunpoint tonight. [angry]

The even worse part about this is that my parents also own a package store, within this 10 minutes from the store that was robbed. Luckily my father has a Clint Eastwood reputation and I know that chances are any would be robber would likely leave in a body bag but it still worries me. [sad2]

Furthermore, my folks are rather upset that the local PD hasnt been in or contacted them. The incident took place in Hardwick but my parents have a store in Oakham so our local PD is in town. You think they could have swung in and said "hey heads up there is someone out there robbing stores". Instead our vol. fire chief called to tell him. Im just frustrated I live out in a nice quiet area but as of late the break ins and robberies are on a HUGE uptake. [sad2][angry][angry2]

Last edited:
So apparently a small store 10 minutes from where I live was robbed at gunpoint tonight. [angry]

The even worse part about this is that my parents also own a package store, within this 10 minutes from the store that was robbed. Luckily my father has a Clint Eastwood reputation and I know that chances are any would be robber would likely leave in a body bag but it still worries me. [sad2]

Furthermore, my folks are rather upset that the local PD hasnt been in or contacted them. The incident took place in Hardwick but my parents have a store in Oakham so our local PD is in town doing nothing. You think they could have swung in and said "hey heads up there is someone out there robbing stores". Instead our vol. fire chief called to tell him. Im just frustrated I live out in a nice quiet area but as of late the break ins and robberies are on a HUGE uptake. [sad2][angry][angry2]

I would like to say that this is not common...but I am not a liar. This trend of robberies and breakins will only get MUCH WORSE. Oh but the good news? Because you know there is always a silver lining to a dark cloud right?

The state is cutting MAJOR funding for law enforcement and you will begin to see some serious cuts to the force. Thank you Devil Patrick. State Police Barracks will be closing down ... I mean "merging" and municipal departments are/will be laying off officers. Oh, you didn't mean the silver lining was for the upstanding citizens did you? HA! Not in MA, here we like to help out the criminals.

Sorry...I'm bitter. [angry]

It's the beginning of the end and it will only get worse. I fully expect to see many more stories like this with increasing frequency and severity. That Civilian National Defense Force the Messiah was preaching about may be just around the corner, jackboots and all.

I'm bitter too but I don't think I'm completely wrong.

It's the beginning of the end and it will only get worse. I fully expect to see many more stories like this with increasing frequency and severity. That Civilian National Defense Force the Messiah was preaching about may be just around the corner, jackboots and all.

I'm bitter too but I don't think I'm completely wrong.
Creation of a standing domestic tasked army should be grounds for impeachment...

I am praying it takes long enough to re-balance Congress after the dysmall failure that is the next 2 years so that this threat can be made...

The incident took place in Hardwick but my parents have a store in Oakham so our local PD is in town doing nothing.

IIRC, Oakham has the highest numbers of LTC's per capita in the entire state. If the crooks know what's good for their health they'll mind their manners while in Oakham.

IIRC, Oakham has the highest numbers of LTC's per capita in the entire state. If the crooks know what's good for their health they'll mind their manners while in Oakham.

Which is why I love living here [smile]. Extremely GREEN town. In all seriousness just about everyone I know owns a firearm. And I know just about everyone in town due to the fact my folks have owned the local packie for the last 15 yrs. Hell my neighbor owns a tank, nuff said!

Rumor has it, is that all the crime lately is locals, some young punk kids roamin around, PD has its suspicions. Most are wise enough not to pull that crap on my old man, but then again who knows. They're about a month away from selling the joint and retiring, so this news makes me nervous. Just want them outta there.

I'm sure you know who my sister is then. She's the lieutenant in Oakham. Trust me, that little department is doing all they can with the little funding they get. This coming year the town is trying to cut 10% out of their budget, which translates into laying off ALL the part-timers. Not some...ALL! Happy is a damn good chief, and busts his ass to do the best he can for the town.

That being said, I didn't realize you were so close. I'm in Rutland. If you ever want to shoot at RSC, let me know!

I'm sure you know who my sister is then. She's the lieutenant in Oakham. Trust me, that little department is doing all they can with the little funding they get. This coming year the town is trying to cut 10% out of their budget, which translates into laying off ALL the part-timers. Not some...ALL! Happy is a damn good chief, and busts his ass to do the best he can for the town.

That being said, I didn't realize you were so close. I'm in Rutland. If you ever want to shoot at RSC, let me know!

I just may take you up on that! Ya the chief is a nice guy. Very pro gun [smile] Strikes me as a guy who walks softly and carries a big stick! They do a good job, it just bothered me they didn't get the heads up that's all. Its nice having a small town where everyone knows each other. My folks owning a store makes me nervous, stores are such easy targets, Ive always been worried of something happening. We've had a few break-ins nothing serious.

That sucks too because after listening to my fathers stories from when he was on the force, back when they invented dirt, it made me want to go talk to the chief about going through the academy to be a part timer... [sad2]

Happy is a damn good chief, and busts his ass to do the best he can for the town.

That ... can't be the same guy that was fired from the Clark University PD back around 1980 ...

Anyway ... an armed robbery, in Hardwick. Wow. I don't think of Hardwick as that kind of place at all. Definitely suffering some cognitive dissonance on that one.

That ... can't be the same guy that was fired from the Clark University PD back around 1980 ...

Anyway ... an armed robbery, in Hardwick. Wow. I don't think of Hardwick as that kind of place at all. Definitely suffering some cognitive dissonance on that one.

unfortunately the crooks are getting smart they know all these little towns have little to no police presence especially at night. Most of the towns out here hand over "control" to the state police at 1am I believe. I could be wrong. So now all the BGs are coming out this way to raise all holy hell. Not to mention some of our local riff raff.

Luckily my father has a Clint Eastwood reputation and I know that chances are any would be robber would likely leave in a body bag but it still worries me. [sad2]

Furthermore, my folks are rather upset that the local PD hasnt been in or contacted them. [sad2][angry][angry2]

I hate to be an asshat about this, but maybe what you learned from "Clint Eastwood" might have something to do with the mess you were in when you first started posting here. If I remember correctly, someone in your vehicle thought they were "Clint Eastwood" pullling a gun on a person on the sidewalk.[thinking]

Having the rep of a gun nut is not a good thing in court.[thinking]

I try not to judge all your posts based on that incident, but it's sort of hard to forget,and I think of it when I read your posts.

I hate to be an asshat about this, but maybe what you learned from "Clint Eastwood" might have something to do with the mess you were in when you first started posting here. If I remember correctly, someone in your vehicle thought they were "Clint Eastwood" pullling a gun on a person on the sidewalk.[thinking]

Having the rep of a gun nut is not a good thing in court.[thinking]

I try not to judge all your posts based on that incident, but it's sort of hard to forget,and I think of it when I read your posts.

First of all you should perhaps get what you are "remembering" correct. I had nothing to do with that incident. It was a friend of mine. I was not there I had nothing to do with it.

What I mean by my father has the "clint eastwood" persona is that he doesnt take any crap and is a rather grouchy mean looking old man. Would he defend himself within the realm of the law, absolutely. The man is 60 yrs old, was an emt, marksmen in the military, and a cop, so hes not exactly the type of guy to just shoot someone for bringing in can returns. [rolleyes]

Furthermore if your going to judge me based on the fact one of my friends did something boneheaded, ignore my posts cause frankly thats just ridiculous.[rolleyes]

And to be quite honest I get the impression i've taken a real bad rap on here for the fact I stuck up for a friend of mine who did something dumb and unfortunately your not the only one who looks at me with a roll of the eyes. but oh well so goes life.....[thinking]

HKdrummer, sorry if I lumped you in that mess. Now that you mention it you did defend your friend, but as the facts came out it seems you were on the wrong side of the arguement.

I can't blame you for what a friend did, and I won't hold it against you. I like someone who can come back and stand their ground when they have something to say.

I was wrong, so +2 for you, and I'll try to remember you weren't in the car.

I didn't look at you with a roll of the eyes,that was the "THNKING" icon.

And I'm 60, grumpy and mean looking, so I know what you mean about your Dad.

Go forth and prosper young Drummer! [wink]

HKdrummer, sorry if I lumped you in that mess. Now that you mention it you did defend your friend, but as the facts came out it seems you were on the wrong side of the arguement.

I can't blame you for what a friend did, and I won't hold it against you. I like someone who can come back and stand their ground when they have something to say.

I was wrong, so +2 for you, and I'll try to remember you weren't in the car.

Well thank you. Ya he did something boneheaded, but thats neither here nor there, I was just sticking up for a friend. This is a tough group to be "accepted" by sometimes and I just hope Im not always remembered as "that guy".

If it had been me.....you can bet my old man would beat the livin hell outta me for being dumb [slap] you think im kidding but he really does look like clint [rofl]

Answered my own question , talked to someone in Hardwick.
Apparently the robbery was at the store down at the bottom of Old Furnace hill and I was told the weapon used was not a firearm but something like a nail gun or a drill.

hi hk just wanted to say that i live in the town of hardwick too. i live in the gilbertville section. its always great to find someone close to home on this forum.

Any more info on the robbery?
Hardwick was my hometown.
Did the robbery actually take place in Hardwick or was the robbery in Gilbertville or the store in Old Furnace?

Gilbertville...wow. I haven't been there in many years. I used to shoot pool at a place called the Vox. There was also a pub there called "Noplace". I think it burned down though. Ahhh...the memories.

Well that would make sense as to why the police didnt come say anything to my folks. Sounds like some dumb kid trying to get a few bucks, nothing to really get worked up over.

Makes me feel a LITTLE better. Good to see a lot of central MA folks on here! [cheers]

So apparently they caught the little SOB who robbed the store in hardwick. Turns out I actually know they guy fairly well, we went to high school together [angry] Appears my high school class has really produced some awesome people......An armed robber, murderer, and convicted sex offender..... sheesh what next

Back
Top Bottom