• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed Robbery in Carver

Just browsing the Herald online and read the article about a convienent store clerk being held up. I don't enjoy reading the public comments section because usually the only people who write there are uneducated on whatever the subject matter is, but there is one post that troubled me. http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re..._horror_of_armed_robbery/srvc=home&position=0 "Joe Dwinell - Boston Herald staff Padel said all he could see was that GUN. A menacing, dark weapon pointed between his eyes. If you have that same memory, e-mail a short impression to me at [email protected]. I'll post the best at my blog City Desk Wired. There's a story in those memories. " For the Herald writer to use the phrase "A menacing, dark weapon" was very anti-2nd amendment. I understand the mental trauma of the crime that occured, but the crime (the use of the weapon, as it easily could have been a sharped stick) and the perp were the "menacing" parts of the incident. I'm glad that the victim was not injured or killed, but when are the "MASSes" (pun intened) going to stand up and defend themselves. I'm sure that I'm preaching to the wrong crowd, but perhaps someone more eliquent than myself should respond. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks for looking everybody..........

[rolleyes]I just tried to leave a comment and I cant remember my password...
I left a comment on our home paper that Mr Padel should familiarize himself with the second amendment. He must be the only unarmed person in Carver.

I've got a polite letter in to Mr. Joe Dwinell...Let's see what his response is.

ETA: Well, I got just about what I figured back. He's willing to publish any defense with a firearm stories without publishing the contributor's name.

Last edited:
[rolleyes]I just tried to leave a comment and I cant remember my password...
I left a comment on our home paper that Mr Padel should familiarize himself with the second amendment. He must be the only unarmed person in Carver.

I once read an article with a break-down of LTC holders by town in ma. (just a percentage) I wish I could find it again and post it. I seem to remember Oakham had the highest and Cambridge had the lowest.

raymond! what did you want to be when you grew up?!

hopefully they catch that dirtbag robber... or someone fights fire with fire.

Back
Top Bottom