• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed robbery and assault in Newton

Yeah, people around here love to bounce that around. Kind of sickening. The one murder we've had in like, the past 20 years, has gone unsolved. Some guy was just completely assassinated in his car (point blank headshot) in a parking garage, and they never caught the criminal, at least to my knowledge.

But hey, it's a liberal town. Hear no evil, see no evil, do no evil, isn't that how it goes?

Yeah, people around here love to bounce that around. Kind of sickening. The one murder we've had in like, the past 20 years, has gone unsolved. Some guy was just completely assassinated in his car (point blank headshot) in a parking garage, and they never caught the criminal, at least to my knowledge.

But hey, it's a liberal town. Hear no evil, see no evil, do no evil, isn't that how it goes?

I think I recall it was the boyfriend of his wife or some kind of domestic thing.
It seemed like a OC hit at first

None of either the victim or the killer lived in Newton. They caught the guy, it was a murder for hire in a love triangle. Still, it sucks because it blew our "safest city" record for the year. Property values , you know..

I lived in Newton Centre for a decade. No doubt, Newton is a low crime town, but that does not mean it’s crime free as many Newton residents seem to think. My landlady used to leave her door unlocked and thought I was crazy for having an alarm installed in the apt I rented from her. While living in Newton I missed two major crimes by less than an hour. The first was an armed bank robbery at my bank that I had been in less than 40 minutes or so before it happened.

The second, was a shooting in a fish store I missed by even less time. I was an avid reef tank hobbyist and was friendly with the manager of this small fish store on comm. Ave. I stopped into say hello, shoot the sh*&, and left. Shortly after, a guy comes in and attempts to sell drugs to the manager. Manager refuses, guy pulls out gun and shoots him twice. Manager wrestles gun from shooter (with two bullet holes in his person) puts gun under BG jaw, and blows his brains all over the fish store. He then stumbles out into the street and collapses in front of the art gallery next door. He spent a long time in the hospital but pulled through. The incident lead the fish store closing.

There was also a home invasion right on my block, and lets not forget there was a full scale gun battle outside the Chestnut Hill Mall a few years back, etc,. It’s not the South Bronx, but sh*& happens in Newton.

man that stinks... it is so good to find a good Saltwater & Reef store now these days...

Maybe the perp thought it was a "Reefer" store... [rofl]

ok... I'm done...

man that stinks... it is so good to find a good Saltwater & Reef store now these days...

Maybe the perp thought it was a "Reefer" store... [rofl]

ok... I'm done...

Funny you should say that, it was reefer he was trying to sell the manager. True, it seems like all the great little high quality salt water reef stores have gone out of biz. I got rid of the reef tank when I moved from Newton to Natick, so I have been out of the loop there for a long time. When ever I have a pang for another one, I remember how much work and $$$ they are.

yup... just another expensive hobby. My wife loves the fish but always reminds me how much it take to run the tank when the electric bill comes in..

Back
Top Bottom