Armed militia member arrested, identified after man is shot at Albuquerque protest

Reptile

NES Member
Protesters in Albuquerque wrapped a chain around the neck of a bronze statue and began tugging and chanting, "Tear it down," shortly before sunset on Monday. Their efforts to pull down a monument of Spanish conquistador Juan de Oñate suddenly stopped as four shots rang out.

Most people instinctively turned toward the noise, videos from the scene show. A few screamed. Just yards away, a group of militia men sporting militarylike garb and carrying semiautomatic rifles formed a protective circle around the gunman.

The gunshots, which left one man in critical but stable condition, have set off a cascade of public outcry denouncing the unregulated militia's presence and the shooting. On Tuesday morning, the Albuquerque Police Department announced that detectives had arrested Stephen Ray Baca, 31, in connection with the shooting.

920x920.jpg

"This is not the first report of heavily armed civilian militias appearing at protests around New Mexico in recent weeks. These extremists cannot be allowed to silence peaceful protests or inflict violence," Heinrich said on Twitter on Monday night..."

Peaceful protests....right. SMH.

Last edited:
It looks like this whole story may be BULLCRAP.

It was reported on Glenn Beck today (I know, nutty but has accurate reporting which beats the MSM as they are both nutty and wrong); the 'peaceful protestors' had tossed a chain around a statue and the cops were just sitting idly by - the militia objected.

The Bubba Effect is coming (here in some places), that if the police/government won't do something to stop this we will. Further, if they come in to grab people for this, the rest will block them and say they may have been wrong but you suck and have no authority here.

It’ll be interesting to see what comes of this the next couple of days. It doesn’t even look like he as with the militia, all of them were in camo, and I’ve only read about them being detained. Either way I think it’s currently hard to judge. The man that was shot attacked him with a skateboard but the reports are saying the shooter showed up and started Pushing people first. If that is true I wonder what NM law says about instigating a fight while possessing a firearm as I’m sure it’s different from here.

The video clearly shows how this went down. Whitey blue shirt tried to diffuse statue rape chaos by whipping out some steel but crowd went apeshit instead of running away in terror. Realizing his error bluebird tried to fly away but got flanked and ended up popping a few off. What is not seen is local militia taking it up the ass for trying to help out and secure the scene. No good deed goes unpunished...

I see man attacked by mob while retreating defends himself. The rioters get shot and then act like they werent chasing the guy down the street to beat him. New media tries to make it look like militia shot a peaceful protester just standing around.

More people will die with blatant misreporting like this.

I'm not reading it and I still don't believe a word of it. Checks all the narrative points. It is funny that they are demonizing heritage American militia types I think they are pissed their plan had those types running into the cities and engage in their racewar. Nah you guys can burn your own homes and sympathetic globohomo corporations stores. Target says adult men can follow little girls into their restrooms, why should I care if a manufactured mob loots their stores?

Guy in blue shirt instigated the whole thing. The videos start with him pushing people. The militia should be commended for trying to keep order it doesn’t even look like he’s with them. However, for the safety of all it was probably the best to detain them to sort everything out

i thought we were pretty keen on militias, not any more? our problem was no one wanted to fire the first shot. i'm up for the idea of a militia...getting shot at was a given also. is it worth it? even knowing by the time your grand kids are voting age this country will be in the shitter. i'll say publicly, i've changed my mind on many things. i'm old and gimpy but still could be useful! god bless america.

i thought we were pretty keen on militias, not any more? our problem was no one wanted to fire the first shot. i'm up for the idea of a militia...getting shot at was a given also. is it worth it? even knowing by the time your grand kids are voting age this country will be in the shitter. i'll say publicly, i've changed my mind on many things. i'm old and gimpy but still could be useful! god bless america.
Militias are for fighting the last American revolution. Having a collection of like minded friends is awesome, but know when not to fight(hint 4GW.) Blue shirt guy was probably a paid agitator sent to pin violence on Heritage Americans.

Blue shirt guy was probably a paid agitator sent to pin violence on Heritage Americans.
yep, understand. old here not mentally feeble. i was just musing out loud after seeing this...
Note to self: Stay out of militias.
sorry for the confusion. sometimes my old man thoughts are only clear to myself.

They,are also charging him with enhancement to to a firearm what the hell does that mean?

Does anyone actually believe that a statue of spanish conquistadore is the event that you would call "Go Time"

Does anyone actually believe that the RIGHT thing to do was to discharge a firearm while police watch the morons try to pull down the statue in question?

That any of these mushrooms thought that this would end well is UFB.......

These doobies need to learn to pick their battles better....wouldnt surprise me if one of them said "Hold my beer" before initiating the stupidity

Did you bother to watch the video at all?

Its a statue....not your house, car, family, business, neighbors house, buddies house/family/etc

Pick your battles wisely......these guys failed imho

If we don't stop these tards when it's in "just a statue" phase. When exactly do we stop them? They've already done Jefferson, Lincoln and Churchill are next.

Is the Constitution/ BOR getting shredded because of fee fees that point?

Spouting off into semantics here I know.
With the momentum they're currently amassing, it's pretty damn hard to figure out when is the time to violently hit the brakes on this new "religion".

A Trump win would hold them off politically. Although they'd just burn the planet down around us.

Last edited:
I have a friend here who is a detective with APD. He is a straight up guy, an Iraq Veteran and former Ranger with the 173rd.
I will be seeing him soon, so maybe we can get some truth on this story.

I only have one opinion about this situation. The statue of Juan de Onate, should be torn down! You see, there are two types of
Hispanics here in New Mexico. We have a class of Hispanics here that think of themselves as elite. They are often Democrats, and
like to stress that their heritage is "Spanish". They l0ook down on people from Mexico and South America, and the Pueblo Indians.
Our POS Governor is a fine example of them!

Last edited:
Get used to the new normal. If your protecting personal or public property your violent right wing. If your destroying personal or public property your a peaceful protester patriot.

More like, if you're protecting public property nobody asked you to protect, and you shoot someone while doing so, you're in severe legal jeopardy. I'm not sure I disagree.

If you're going to man up and make yourself the sheepdog, you ought to be man enough to take the potential big-boy consequences. It's just so much easier to stay home. Not his circus, not his monkeys.

More like, if you're protecting public property nobody asked you to protect, and you shoot someone while doing so, you're in severe legal jeopardy. I'm not sure I disagree.

If you're going to man up and make yourself the sheepdog, you ought to be man enough to take the potential big-boy consequences. It's just so much easier to stay home. Not his circus, not his monkeys.

I cannot disagree more with this position. Cops are being told to stand down while mobs destroy property. Bullshit. If cops are being told to not enforce laws, then he never should be arrested when he intervenes.

Yea.....I saw a lot of stupid on both sides packed into a small area and the predictable/inevitable that ensued......

Not defending the morons defacing/destroying a fooking statue

But there's no defending a couple of people who self appointed themselves to be the protectors of a statue......

Its a statue....not your house, car, family, business, neighbors house, buddies house/family/etc

Pick your battles wisely......these guys failed imho

Its not a just a statue. Its our history, our country, our laws, our morals, our beliefs. They are tearing down our livelihood. They may as well be at your front door.

This is a replay of Mao’s cultural revolution. They are well organized, trained, and funded. When was the last time our side had training? I know we will never get the funding they have.

I cannot disagree more with this position. Cops are being told to stand down while mobs destroy property. Bullshit. If cops are being told to not enforce laws, then he never should be arrested when he intervenes.

I get all that. But expecting the State to back any sort of private citizen appointing himself as an armed guardian of statuary... that's ignoring everything you know about the State.

Back
Top Bottom