Armed guard in front of Bank of America?

Years ago most every bank had guards,they started to do away with them to cut cost.

In my area, they are posted in front of banks during the last few days of each month and the first few days of each month. this is done due to the large amount of people coming in that receive public assistance.

EDIT: I am in the Amherst MA area myself.

I drove by the BOA in Amherst (MA) around noon and there was an armed guard pacing around the front entrance (looked like he was carrying a 686, but hard to tell). He was wearing tac pants and boots and a a jacket with unknown patches ( maybe a sigma and S). When I went by at 5, he was still there. Anyone else see anything like this?

I know a guy that does that in Northampton, seems some of the BOA's in the area are using them now. I haven't seen it before either.

I drove by the BOA in Amherst (MA) around noon and there was an armed guard pacing around the front entrance (looked like he was carrying a 686, but hard to tell). He was wearing tac pants and boots and a a jacket with unknown patches ( maybe a sigma and S). When I went by at 5, he was still there. Anyone else see anything like this?

Since we are talking about Amherst it is probably to guard against the occupy people/unruly college professors. The 686 is overkill though. Out there all you need is a broom or a pointy stick to keep them in line.

I don't know if anyone has posted it, but there has been a bunch of bank robberys of late and the weird thing is I haven't heard the scanner peep anytime it's happened. First I heard they caught one guy and I thought that would be the end of it then the next day another robbery. Don't know what's going on and it hasn't seemed to garnered any media attention either, which is weird.

Bank robberies generally don't make the media, the banks make sure of that.

There's a reason for that.

Haha, that's the one my girl goes to. There is always a guard outside of the doors. I usually flash my CCW badge at him and he opens the door for her and myself. I walk in there with her and it's like another country. **** BOA, even she's fed up with their bullshit, I told you NEVER to join BOA but she didn't listen. She will move it into a credit union soon. BOA doesn't care at all about their customers. The guards are always friendly though.

attachment.php

We looked at this contract when it was up last year, the pay was not great and there was 2 locations in Boston for BOA JP and china town I belive. We passed.

They are contractors, forget the name of the outfit. I make a point of saying hello and being friendly. Perfectly nice guys, generally.

I do use BofA for my business and I have some very good reasons to continue. They do have an armed guard (private security) at one branch in Springfield. Its right off I-91 and its in a bad neighborhood(north end). The tellers are also behind 2-inch thick glass. I've been going there for a almost two years and they still greet me in Spanish and seem confused when I speak english.

I don't like using that branch personally but my Glock with 15 rounds makes me feel a little better. That is always an OWB holster and extra mag. day for me.

It is part of there insurance policy they now have. with the amount of BOA's getting robbed they have been placing armed guards at almost all of them. In my opinion every bank should have a guard

There was an armored car at Liberty tree mall a few months back three guards one in the truck one went in and the other stood outside. He engaging the "lock" on his serpa sliding his glock out and repeating as people walked by....

It is part of there insurance policy they now have. with the amount of BOA's getting robbed they have been placing armed guards at almost all of them. In my opinion every bank should have a guard

How ironic... or maybe not? BOA has been robbing all of us with their b.s. fees long enough that some folks just decided it was time for them to "give back" a little.[laugh]

There's always an armed guard at the Park Towers building on Park Ave in Worcester when employees are working, and when that BoA branch is open, there are two. The Towers' building guard words for Securitas and carries a semi-auto, I think; I don't know for whom the BoA guy works, but I'm pretty sure he carries the same S&W 686.

Since I work there, don't yet have my LTC, and often leave the office well after dark, I don't mind the Tower guard's presence at all. ;-}

AC

Back
Top Bottom