Armed guard in front of Bank of America?

Obie1

NES Member
I drove by the BOA in Amherst (MA) around noon and there was an armed guard pacing around the front entrance (looked like he was carrying a 686, but hard to tell). He was wearing tac pants and boots and a a jacket with unknown patches ( maybe a sigma and S). When I went by at 5, he was still there. Anyone else see anything like this?

there's an armed guard in front of the BoA in Davis Square in somerville almost all the time. I've seen many of them with S&W revolvers, looked like 686s.

I see one every day in medford. He is on the phone texting with a cigarette in his hand. We have our coffee across the street and laugh about the only thing tubby would stop from getting away was the cantine truck. He also carries the same revolver. It must be a security firm they hired.

Yeah there is an armed guard at the BOA downtown Boston - seen him there quite a bit. I think that he works for Securitas or something like that

I was working a survailance case in dedham off route 1 and there was a guard out front. as I walked past him I stared at him and he looked down and away from me. Definately did not seem like the agressive type who would try to stop anything. I bet they are told not to shoot unless they are shot at for liability.... this is Ma you know....

I believe it came about after the guy got shot and killed in Rhode Island last year while going to the bank to make a deposit for his gas station. It happened not to far from where I work, they have been at the BOA my work uses since then.

Seen it in Boston neighborhoods. Didn't think much of it (and still don't).

Just getting us acclimated to the police state. I saw a DHS notice at Miranda Bread coffee shop (Worcester, MA) saying that you may be asked for ID and then some lame justification (I do not recall why).

[tinfoil]

Last edited:
Probably to keep people from taking a run on the bank.

Not yet, but not too far away. Banks are not run by idiots. If they were, they would no longer be raping the crap out of the rest of us and getting away with it legally. If they have all started putting guys with guns at the door, it makes you wonder what they know or expect.... Perhaps the economy is in worse shape than we think?

Not yet, but not too far away. Banks are not run by idiots. If they were, they would no longer be raping the crap out of the rest of us and getting away with it legally. If they have all started putting guys with guns at the door, it makes you wonder what they know or expect.... Perhaps the economy is in worse shape than we think?

Well, if there is a run on the bank, he won't last long with six on tap.

Well, if there is a run on the bank, he won't last long with six on tap.

Runs on the bank won't be handled by dealing with hordes of people, but by denying/limiting withdrawals

The BoA in Jamaica Plain usually has an armed guard. The People's Federal Savings bank seems to have gone from armed to unarmed recently. Not that it matters, the guy just sits in a chair and texts all day long. City of Boston CU in W. Rox often has the popo on hand.

Back
Top Bottom