• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed guard in front of Bank of America?

seen them before.

one thing i've noticed is that the BoA doesn't get robbed while the others (Soverign, Eastern Ect) still do. -at least in my area.

There has always been an armed guard outside the Bank of America in Market Square in Lynn, ever since I can remember.. He works for Wackenhut security and carries a revolver. Same thing on Franklin street in Boston, big guy, big revolver.

Well, if there is a run on the bank, he won't last long with six on tap.

Sure he will. Guns go off by themselves and kill people who just look at them funny. Put an actual 300 pound lard ass in front of the door and a finger on that hair-trigger and all the gun-phobes will run for the hills. Now in WV, that guy would not stand a chance... but this is the nexus of gun stupidity.

There has always been an armed guard outside the Bank of America in Market Square in Lynn, ever since I can remember.. He works for Wackenhut security and carries a revolver. Same thing on Franklin street in Boston, big guy, big revolver.

It's funny, I used to know an armored car guy who used to carry a wheel gun and the company pushed all their guys into carrying semis.

Maybe they should've had an armed guard in front of the Rockland Trust on 28 in Hyannis more a couple years back. Word has it they closed the branch because it was getting robbed so often[rolleyes]

I've seen them at several BOA locations including Amherst. They've posted a guard there for awhile...he's not new.

I drove by the BOA in Amherst (MA) around noon and there was an armed guard pacing around the front entrance (looked like he was carrying a 686, but hard to tell). He was wearing tac pants and boots and a a jacket with unknown patches ( maybe a sigma and S). When I went by at 5, he was still there. Anyone else see anything like this?

Same thing at the Main Street branch in Worcester. Guy on sidewalk at front door. Bloused boots, and a stainless Ruger Security Six or GP100....Seems to be BOA new SOP with so many banks getting robbed. Common in Worcester. Usually drug addicts passing a note. Probably a cheap and somewhat effective deterent having these guys out there to disuade the low level bank robbers. The guy in Worcester chats up the girls and says hello when you walk by. I pass him a couple times a week and always ask him "All secure?" "Yep, all secure...."

I find this incredibly bizarre. I have NEVER seen an armed guard at any bank in Rhode Island. Never. What is wrong with you people in Mass? Are you all a bunch of lawless thugs?

Absolutely. My question is: it seems like an easy as hell job that comes with a free wheel gun.... Where do I sign up??

The Riley Plaza BOA in Salem has had an armed guard for over a year. I was suprised. When I asked the guard said they had been having trouble with the Occupy Salem folk. Occupods are long gone, but the guard remains.

G4S security. Carry 686 smith and Wesson .38 SPL. Horrible company to work for. Pay is ok starting at 16.81/hr. horrible management, horrible HR staff. And above all else you work for a company (bank of America) that screws it's customers.

The Riley Plaza BOA in Salem has had an armed guard for over a year. I was suprised. When I asked the guard said they had been having trouble with the Occupy Salem folk. Occupods are long gone, but the guard remains.

BOA doesn't care about robberies. They always have protesters. We are just a detterant

I see one every day in medford. He is on the phone texting with a cigarette in his hand. We have our coffee across the street and laugh about the only thing tubby would stop from getting away was the cantine truck. He also carries the same revolver. It must be a security firm they hired.
believe it or not, it's a female that works in the Medford location on mystic ave. she has no idea how to use a firearm. She has no idea what type of pistol she has. As do most employees. This company issues the weapon without seeing if they are proficient with it. AND she doesn't speak English.

I was working a survailance case in dedham off route 1 and there was a guard out front. as I walked past him I stared at him and he looked down and away from me. Definately did not seem like the agressive type who would try to stop anything. I bet they are told not to shoot unless they are shot at for liability.... this is Ma you know....

Company's policy is to shoot only if your life is threatened. They tell you if your approached your supposed to run.

believe it or not, it's a female that works in the Medford location on mystic ave. she has no idea how to use a firearm. She has no idea what type of pistol she has. As do most employees. This company issues the weapon without seeing if they are proficient with it. AND she doesn't speak English.

Haha, that's the one my girl goes to. There is always a guard outside of the doors. I usually flash my CCW badge at him and he opens the door for her and myself. I walk in there with her and it's like another country. **** BOA, even she's fed up with their bullshit, I told you NEVER to join BOA but she didn't listen. She will move it into a credit union soon. BOA doesn't care at all about their customers. The guards are always friendly though.

Got one here at the branch I go to here in Spokane.

Has a wheel gun, not sure what kind. Nice guy, opens the door for old ladies, seems pretty upbeat. Considering I only go there when I go to pick up more than $1k, I don't mind having him around. Two guns better than one.

Haha, that's the one my girl goes to. There is always a guard outside of the doors. I usually flash my CCW badge at him and he opens the door for her and myself. I walk in there with her and it's like another country. **** BOA, even she's fed up with their bullshit, I told you NEVER to join BOA but she didn't listen. She will move it into a credit union soon. BOA doesn't care at all about their customers. The guards are always friendly though.

im at hanscom federal credit union. I'm NEVER going back to a bank.

Got one here at the branch I go to here in Spokane.

Has a wheel gun, not sure what kind. Nice guy, opens the door for old ladies, seems pretty upbeat. Considering I only go there when I go to pick up more than $1k, I don't mind having him around. Two guns better than one.

Very good point. Plus you don't hear about security guards shooting dogs like it's a carnival game.

I was an area supervisor with Wackenhut when they took over security for BoA 6-8 years ago. They hired anyone with an LTC. BoA started this after the North Hollywood shootout. Guys were sent out with no training or qualifications.
Issued sidearm is an S&W 64. They must be rejects or seconds, because I took 6 different guns to the range and they shot terribly with a variety of ammunition. I'm no Rob Leatham, but I do know which end the bullets come out of. So, I carried whatever I wanted, including my .500 S&W. Nobody caught on.
Also, they have firearms only. Batons, spray and handcuffs are big no, nos.
One guy (in another state), actually pursued a bank robber on foot and caught him. He cuffed the guy and held him for police. He got a cash reward from the bank and was either suspended or fired from Wackenhut.

There's always an armed guard at the BoA at Tufts Health Sciences Campus/TMC - which is on school grounds.

I don't know if anyone has posted it, but there has been a bunch of bank robberys of late and the weird thing is I haven't heard the scanner peep anytime it's happened. First I heard they caught one guy and I thought that would be the end of it then the next day another robbery. Don't know what's going on and it hasn't seemed to garnered any media attention either, which is weird.

Back
Top Bottom