Armed Group Breaks Into Family Home; After Dad Rains Hellfire Only Half Make It Out Alive

mikeyp

NES Member
1608559899664.png

A 4-year-old girl will live to see another Christmas because her dad was one of the “good guys with a gun” that Second Amendment opponents pretend is just a myth.

A home invasion that began at about 10 a.m. on Dec. 8 ended when the homeowner opened fire on four armed intruders in his home in Lacombe, Louisiana, WVUE-TV reported.

Two of the men — 25-year-old Renard Causey Jr. and 21-year-old Justin Hill — were shot dead, and the other two suspects were wounded.

The homeowner’s 4-year-old daughter also was injured in the crossfire but had surgery and is expected to make a full recovery, according to multiple reports.

The suspects might have pistol-whipped the homeowner before he opened fire, one of the homeowner’s relatives told WVUE.

“While it is always tragic any time there is a loss of life, I am pleased that due to the rapid response time of our deputies, all parties that were involved in this isolated incident have been accounted for,” St. Tammany Parish Sheriff Randy Smith told WGNO-TV.

The sheriff’s office said the surviving armed intruders — Renard Causey Sr. and Jason Leblanc — will be charged with first-degree murder, armed robbery and home invasion after they are released from the hospital, according to WDSU-TV.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzFN452aVYU&feature=emb_logo

A sheriff’s office spokesperson told The Times-Picayune they are still investigating the altercation, but that the two surviving suspects were charged with murder under Louisiana law because their criminal actions resulted in the deaths of their accomplices.

The homeowner will not be charged, the outlet reported.

This kind of scenario illustrates the importance of the Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms.

Had the homeowner not been armed, it’s possible that he, his daughter and anyone else in the house at the time would not have survived.

The man’s firearm protected him and his little girl, just as firearms have countless other times for victims who otherwise would be at the mercy of their attackers.

There are stories of a pregnant woman in Florida who defended her and her unborn baby with an AR-15; of three Detroit women on their way to church who were saved when one woman shot a home intruder; and of a disabled woman in Texas who shot one home intruder and fended off another.

Yet the gun-control crowd often pulls on the heartstrings in an attempt to restrict gun ownership, pleading their case with stories of child-sized caskets used to bury victims of school shootings — profound, disturbing tragedies that are every parent’s worst nightmare.

But lost in their zeal to rid the world of all firearms to prevent those events are instances where would-be victims save their lives or their loved ones, just as the father in Louisiana did.

Had it not been for him shooting the armed intruders, his little girl could have been another child victim laid to rest in her best dress days before Christmas.

Instead — if her family is like millions of others across America that celebrate the holiday — she will wake up on Christmas morning for that pinnacle of childhood joy, alive because of the protective instincts of her father and his ability to have a firearm.

Yes, gun violence is ugly, leaving too many people dead and victims’ families shattered with grief. But had this father not unleashed his fury on the miscreants in his home, he and his family could have been the next tragic story.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

The suspects might have pistol-whipped the homeowner before he opened fire, one of the homeowner’s relatives told WVUE.
smart guy. it will be a good evidence if his dna will be on one of dead assailants guns.

i wonder what would be a title in boston globe article - 'a careless father shoots his own daughter' ?

When I read that I felt the same way I’m trying to figure out what’s “tragic” about home invaders being killed. It’ll be one thing if it was two guys that were in a fistfight in one of them died or something I could get that response but a f***ing home invasion? That’s pretty much right next to “diddler” on a scumbag chart.

When I read that I felt the same way I’m trying to figure out what’s “tragic” about home invaders being killed. It’ll be one thing if it was two guys that were in a fistfight in one of them died or something I could get that response but a f***ing home invasion? That’s pretty much right next to “diddler” on a scumbag chart.

Well, it's tragic 2 are still alive...but I digress

smart guy. it will be a good evidence if his dna will be on one of dead assailants guns.

i wonder what would be a title in boston globe article - 'a careless father shoots his own daughter' ?
mass shooting - 5 armed men open fire resulting in 4 year old maimed and 2 others dead.

It's tragic that the family in the home had to deal with all of this. Kids will probably be freaked out for a while.

It's tragic that the family in the home had to deal with all of this. Kids will probably be freaked out for a while.
Yes that part is tragic, but the way the guy was quoted made it sound like the sheriff was getting tearful about shitbags dying, lol.

the way the guy was quoted made it sound like the sheriff was getting tearful about shitbags dying, lol.
what makes you think otherwise? sheriff is the elected official, elected officials are mandated to enforce social justice.
and what a social justice nowadays is - a redistribution of wealth. therefore a push for “unable to safely retreat” legislature. therefore, all the rest in the package.

From one father to another, WELL DONE SIR!

This! Damn, that must have been pretty damn ear ringing in there. I know there is another thread about Bruce Willis Die Hard Christmas move yada yada yada., but all I could think about was the dad protecting his family yelling “Yippee-ki-yay, motherf***er,” and "Get some!" from Full Metal Jacket. Hell, it was a Christmas miracle.

Also, this is why I carry within my own house. The only difference, at least for me, is when I get home, I clear my gun from its IWB holster, confirm it's safe, put on the OWB holster, re-chamber and slowly holster. It's just slightly more comfortable as I'm an old fart.

Jay

Didn't Mom's Demand Blah Blah Blah add ol' speedbump to their gun death stats on their bus?

Last I checked the statistics for gun violence included all firearms deaths.

Zokar is probably a gun violence's victim, as was that guy in Texas who went on the shooting spree killing all the police officers, shit, even the Sandy Hook guy is a gun violence victim.

This is why it's important in statistics to understand what exactly you're measuring and why I often tell people things like "We don't really know if we're at a all time corona case high, because we didn't test and quantify the same way in march as we do now, the best we can do is make assumptions based on ICU use but even those numbers have changed with treatment options."

Zokar is probably a gun violence's victim, as was that guy in Texas who went on the shooting spree killing all the police officers, shit, even the Sandy Hook guy is a gun violence victim.

This is why it's important in statistics to understand what exactly you're measuring and why I often tell people things like "We don't really know if we're at a all time corona case high, because we didn't test and quantify the same way in march as we do now, the best we can do is make assumptions based on ICU use but even those numbers have changed with treatment options."
Kinda like (and speaking of the Wuhan):
GRAND COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Grand County coroner is calling attention to the way the state health department is classifying some deaths. The coroner, Brenda Bock, says two of their five deaths related to COVID-19 were people who died of gunshot wounds.

The Globe would have his name right at the top to make sure anyone Googling his name would see the story. Then, as you say, they would blame the father.

It wasn't speedbump, it was Tambourine Tsarnaev

In what was a particularly embarrassing moment for MAIG, the first stop on Bloomberg's "No More Names" bus tour in 2013 had members read aloud a list of "victims of gun violence" since the Newtown school shooting. The list included Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, cop killer Christopher Dorner and a dozen other crime suspects killed by police or armed citizens acting in self-defense.

It can be tragic in that this incident will still have some lasting impact on the father/shooter and his family. This guy didn't ask for this fight but, he did what needed doing. Now, he'll have some issues to deal with for a while. Justified or not, he did kill two people, and even though they deserved it the act still comes with a price for him and his family. I would call that tragic.

Back
Top Bottom