• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed Giffords hero nearly shot wrong man.

The key word is "nearly". I guess this author has never gone thru a "shoot/don`t shoot" course of fire. Lets make up an incident when there never was one.

So, to summarize, an armed citizen rushed to the scene to help and made all the right decisions. Excellent.

Next time he should just stay in his store, liberals don't want you to help. Everyone laments "well as long as he got home safely". This is why. Better to stay in the store and hear people getting massacred.

I saw some variation of this in another story. I guess p'ofessionals who run into dangerous and dynamic situations just automatically know what to do, and there is no way a mere commoner could ever make such decisions. Well, except in this case one did just fine. So, the liberals and gun grabbers can't do more than warn us about what might have happened. The left is doing all it can to gain some political ground on the backs of the dead and wounded here.

I saw some variation of this in another story. I guess p'ofessionals who run into dangerous and dynamic situations just automatically know what to do, and there is no way a mere commoner could ever make such decisions.

It's easy really: aim for the dogs first.

Oh my god someone almost got accidentally shot in that Mass Shooting.... Thank God, this could have been a real tragedy![rolleyes]

Seriously though how can they take a situation where an armed citizen, makes all the right decisions, demonstrating great appropriate force considerations at least equivalant to most police, and helps to subdue a crazed gunman. And turn him into an example of how accidents can happen. I mean if he wasnt prepared for a gunfight I am sure he would not even had run in there.

I wish these idiot sheep had a special label or article of clothing to wear so they could easily be identified as folk not to waste your time, ammo or possible litigation protecting should they ever find themselves in a situation with an armed assailant and obviously unable to help themselves.

The author of the article reportedly describes himself as a "liberal republican". (Another way of saying RINO?)

The first paragraph gives away the author's bias.
what should be focused on is that because Zamudio was armed he was willing to go into an active shooting situation in order to help, while others were taking cover or running away.
in a few seconds his instincts kicked in (he admitted having no real training) and he made the right decisions. he never drew his gun on the innocent bystander so saying that he almost shot the bystander is going to far.
unfortunately Zumudio said at least twice that he was "lucky" to have not shot the innocent bystander - too bad he chose those words.

There's been a few of these types of articles describing the situation.

Re-title, "Newspaper almost gets story correct"

The "lucky" comment was the old reporter trick of feeding the interviewee words. Ask anyone that was there "do you think you were lucky?" and 99% would respond, "yes, I was lucky." Only the 1%'ers would respond, "you're lucky I don't jam that microphone down you throat". [smile]

AND! Just for argument's sake, wouldn't every felony stop fall in to this definition of "almost shot"

Last edited:
I would have to suspect(because I don't know)that anyone be it a Police Officer, a soldier, a doctor, a secret serviceman, or even an armed citizen walking around a corner and seeing a man with a gun and bodies would probly fire on the guy. I would go as far as to say the people who took the guy down, had they been armed they might have shot the gunmen instead of taking him down. I am not saying this is bad at all I am infact just stating that anyone that is responding to a mass shooting is going to have alot going through thier head and the first is eliminate the threat. I wont say, I can't say what I would do in that situation because I have never been in it, but I would hope I would make the right decision. Wether it was being stunned for a minute or it was his decision not to shoot this guy it was the right one.

So, I guess it's better that a gunman keep shooting people than have a commoner intervene and shoot someone by mistake. Granted, neither is a good outcome, but it's interesting that anti-gun types prefer a world where killers get to run longer with zero chance of being shot to a world where they might be stopped, but with some risk. It's a deep desire to avoid responsibility that produces this sort of thinking. Liberals don't care if people die, they just don't like the idea that they might be at fault for watching it happen. So, if they can disarm us, then they get to feel a little better at being the passive cowards they are. The liberal hero here is the doctor who said he was right in the middle of things and fell to ground, playing dead.

Every day in America a LEO "nearly" shoots the wrong person, but doesn't. That's what using a gun for self defense is about- making split second judgement calls and decisions like that.

So this guy made all the right decisions and obviously had his head screwed on right, yet the f**king media is making it sound like he almost blew an innocent guy's head off. [thinking]

We're enormously lucky that Zamudio, without formal training, made the right split-second decisions. We can't count on that the next time some nut job starts shooting. I hope Arizona does train lawmakers and their aides in the proper use of firearms. I hope they remember this training if they bring guns to constituent meetings. But mostly, I hope they don't bring them.

No, mostly, I hope that douchebags like you, Mr Salad Shooter or whatever your name is, get hit by a bus, so we don't have to listen to your crap anymore. Or move to venezuela. Pick one. [angry]

-Mike

It's a shame that they are trying to vilify a guy that had enough courage to try and help others despite the obvious risk of grave personal injury.

I'm glad not everyone scatters like a cockroach or cowers in fear when faced with a life-or-death situation.

*for the cowboys*

if you ain't LE / SWAT, stay in your lane. the guy is an idiot for running towards the scene w/o knowing what's going on. for all he knew, it could have been the police shooting someone.

i don't care if he was monitoring the radio communications and thought he could help. he introduced himself as a liability and could have killed an innocent person, possibly got himself killed as well.

creating a mexican showdown is not in my plan of action. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom