• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed customer thwarts restaurant robbery

commodon

NES Member
A 60-year-old man was shot twice during a robbery attempt at a fast food restaurant in California.

The shooting happened about 12:45 Saturday morning in Santa Ana, Calif., when the unnamed masked robber threw a bag at the cashier at the Cozy Corner Drive-In and demanded she fill it with money.

After the man grabbed the bag, a customer at the drive-thru window reportedly took out a gun and started shooting at the robbery suspect.

According to the Santa Ana Police Department, the robbery suspect was shot twice in the upper torso area, NBC 4 reported. Another shot hit the drink machine in the restaurant.

The shooting suspect drove off following the incident. The robber tried to flee, but collapsed outside the restaurant where police apprehended him.

Armed customer thwarts restaurant robbery

That’s unpossible, guns ate both illegal in California and never used for defense.

I do wonder why the customer left though.

That’s unpossible, guns ate both illegal in California and never used for defense.

I do wonder why the customer left though.
Seriously? No clear threat to his personal safety. That means no "self defence". He left because he knew he'd be charged. Same as in MA.

No, I don't agree with this. But it's the reality we live in.

Almost all the comments on that article are dumb...there good shoot vs bad shoot analysis is awful.

Was the armed robber shot? Yes. Was anyone else shot? No
Good shoot, just that simple to everyone outside of the east and west coasts.

Seriously? No clear threat to his personal safety. That means no "self defence". He left because he knew he'd be charged. Same as in MA.

No, I don't agree with this. But it's the reality we live in.

Extra stupid, though, since he, his car, and his license plate are all very likely on video. Unless he's an illegal, dude just added an extra charge or three.

Extra stupid, though, since he, his car, and his license plate are all very likely on video. Unless he's an illegal, dude just added an extra charge or three.
Lets say it is on video, what are they going to add to manslaughter and maybe possession of a firearm? Is leaving the seen of a felony even a chargeable offense?

On the other hand, if they can't track him from the video, he's just gone.

The pro/con says leave.

Back
Top Bottom